Free shipping promo and Reward points???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookeylama

Super Freak
Reaction score
do these two specials play well together? cause i was gonna use my Reward points on a HT Baby Doll and i read this under the Free shipping promo rules...

Free U.S. shipping promotions

Products marked or noted with ‘Free U.S. Shipping’ will be shipped by Sideshow Collectibles at no charge to customers located within the continental U.S., Hawaii and Alaska. Any additional costs for expedited shipping services or specialty packing are not included within this ‘Free U.S. Shipping’ promotion.

Please note the restrictions: Free U.S. Shipping promotions cannot be used on flex pay items (since the final payment will be after of the promotion’s end date), unless otherwise stated on a products page, or wait list fulfillment orders. This promotion cannot be combined with promotional gift cards, Rewards, site discounts, gift certificates, coupons, etc. Any discounts applied to free shipping items will be removed prior to processing, regardless of whether the site allowed you to apply multiple discounts. As per the rules of the Rewards and Gift Card programs, any of these discounts that are removed are voided and cannot be reinstated. Please make sure you are choosing your items carefully and applying your discounts properly!

-------------------------

does this mean if i use my Reward points on Baby the Free shipping promo takes precedent and i loose my points? info appreciated SS. thanks!

Last edited:
Huh...as it reads I could see why people would assume that your GC or RP would be voided on the Free Shipping. Interesting...

I would say yes. You can't use any other discounts including rewards points on free shipped items. Sideshow treats these as combined discounts and you'll lose your rewards points if you try to apply them.

About a month ago I received a $25 Promo Code from Sideshow for being a customer for 5 years. I applied it to the TrueType Muscle body which had free shipping. I wasn't sure if would work because of the disclaimer you mentioned, but it did. I know it wasn't Reward Points but it does mention coupons/gift cards could not be applied.

thanks all ^ for the info! sounds like they don't enforce it even tho that's how it reads.
anyone know if a gift card and reward points can be used together?

Technically no. You can't combine discounts, but at this point with Sideshow, who knows? I guess try it and see if it works.

do these two specials play well together? cause i was gonna use my Reward points on a HT Baby Doll and i read this under the Free shipping promo rules...

Free U.S. shipping promotions

Products marked or noted with ‘Free U.S. Shipping’ will be shipped by Sideshow Collectibles at no charge to customers located within the continental U.S., Hawaii and Alaska. Any additional costs for expedited shipping services or specialty packing are not included within this ‘Free U.S. Shipping’ promotion.

Please note the restrictions: Free U.S. Shipping promotions cannot be used on flex pay items (since the final payment will be after of the promotion’s end date), unless otherwise stated on a products page, or wait list fulfillment orders. This promotion cannot be combined with promotional gift cards, Rewards, site discounts, gift certificates, coupons, etc. Any discounts applied to free shipping items will be removed prior to processing, regardless of whether the site allowed you to apply multiple discounts. As per the rules of the Rewards and Gift Card programs, any of these discounts that are removed are voided and cannot be reinstated. Please make sure you are choosing your items carefully and applying your discounts properly!

-------------------------

does this mean if i use my Reward points on Baby the Free shipping promo takes precedent and i loose my points? info appreciated SS. thanks!

Full disclosure: I ordered '89 Bats using a good chunk of rewards points because the option was available at the order page. I am now getting a bit worried about this.

Has anyone actually lost there points? I'm seeing post from others in the various HT threads that they are using rewards on their orders too.

Ok. So, is free domestic shipping with the HT figs a promotion or not? All of the recent HT figs have had this free domestic shipping on it (excluding certain SS exclusives). It does not say promotion on the figure pages, only free domestic shipping. A promotion, as far as I can tell, is something that is being offered for a limited time only. This free shipping to me seems like Sideshows solution of having customers order through them instead of looking elsewhere for cheaper prices. This has lead me to believe that the free shipping for the HT figs is not a promotion, but now the norm.

Reading in the Rewards rules and terms and conditions pages linked from the Rewards page it does not state anywhere that you will lose the points if they are combined with anything else. It only states that you cannot do it. Where is this free shipping promo rules page at? If that statement at the end about losing your rewards is there and not at the rewards rules page, then that is just jacked up! I would refer to the actual rewards rules page and bring that up if points were lost. I would ask to pay for shipping and keep the rewards discount at that point.

One big question I would like answered is why are you able to select apply rewards points if there is another promotion available? :gah:

Full disclosure: I ordered '89 Bats using a good chunk of rewards points because the option was available at the order page. I am now getting a bit worried about this.

Has anyone actually lost there points? I'm seeing post from others in the various HT threads that they are using rewards on their orders too.

Ok. So, is free domestic shipping with the HT figs a promotion or not? All of the recent HT figs have had this free domestic shipping on it (excluding certain SS exclusives). It does not say promotion on the figure pages, only free domestic shipping. A promotion, as far as I can tell, is something that is being offered for a limited time only. This free shipping to me seems like Sideshows solution of having customers order through them instead of looking elsewhere for cheaper prices. This has lead me to believe that the free shipping for the HT figs is not a promotion, but now the norm.

Reading in the Rewards rules and terms and conditions pages linked from the Rewards page it does not state anywhere that you will lose the points if they are combined with anything else. It only states that you cannot do it. Where is this free shipping promo rules page at? If that statement at the end about losing your rewards is there and not at the rewards rules page, then that is just jacked up! I would refer to the actual rewards rules page and bring that up if points were lost. I would ask to pay for shipping and keep the rewards discount at that point.

One big question I would like answered is why are you able to select apply rewards points if there is another promotion available? :gah:

Here is the link you requested! https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=173

Keep in mind we have many different promotions running so it is hard to anticipate and program our site to block this and that in different combinations!

Back