Free Gifts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today I got an email which said I dont get the free Gil-Galad bust after all and instead of the SDCC $9.99 shipping I have to pay the full amount....

Well to update,, Thanks very much SS!!!!

I received my free MOS bust today and did in fact receive a free gift along with it. A Groundskeeper Willie simpsons bust. They're trying their best to give me an entire collection of these :lol

Seriously though. Thanks again SS.

I got no free gift, even though it says on the order page you will get one. Well, I'm miffed. :bang

I got some key chains and bracelets. Can't complain with .99 cent shipping on a cave troll bust though. Congrats to you who got the goodies.

No free gift for me either o well was hoping for a Simpsons bust though. Just have to buy one!

I ordered five items during the Comic-Con specials; three have arrived, and none contained a "free gift". I'm not complaining however, because Sideshow has included free gifts in packages previously, just out of the blue. :clap

It does bring up a point that is a bit annoying to me personally however. Several times in the past, we have read something on Sideshow's web site, only to find it has changed or just "disappeared" shortly after. Examples - We have seen contest rules and entry methods change after the contest was already going; for example during Toy Fair, the method to claim a prize changed after the contests started. The Collect For Life bracelets were supposed to be included with every purchase but many people have never received one; if they weren't going to be included with items that have their own shipping box, this could easily have been stated on the site. The free gift expressly mentioned on the shipping specials pages during Comic-Con which seems to have just not happened. You get the idea! I bring this up not because I am really angry or anything, but as an example of constructive criticism as Dave suggests. Sideshow, please, if you put something on the web site, follow through! I would rather not even see it on the site than to have it just disappear or not happen! Just my two cents... :dunno

By changing the rules after the contests have started and not following through with the "free gifts" as advertised on the site SS is setting themselves up for a lawsuit. What they have done could be considered false advertising. Just my two cents.:naughty

yep great saying SS has always been generous when it came to giving. Maybe there were lots of orders(more then expected) and they didn't have enough free items to send.
I think the $0,99 cent shipping or $9,99 for europe is already a great gift.

Regards Linda

Yeah, the really low shipping was really good. I was just saying that not following through on something they have posted could get them into trouble. SS still rules!!!:rock

Thanks again Sideshow.

With my shipping this week i got a free Haradrim statue.
I have ordered a Cave Troll bust.

Thanks Sideshow for the free gift.

That's awesome Das. I ordered cave troll, Grima and Berserker busts. Great to save on shipping, but I'm a just a touch jealous.

It looks like the gifts were only send to custmers outside the USA. Seems like the items in the european warehouse need to go.

Regards Linda

Those "Free" gifts going to our fellow collectors in the EU are simply amazing. Gandalf the Grey and Haradrim statues?! Mouth of Sauron busts?! Geez, Sideshow is really cleaning out the EU warehouse and doing it in style. Amazing.

I think they are cleaning up the european wharehouse
for the new stuff thats arriving.
Like 4000 Sauron's 2000 Galadriels ect..

I got several statues coming soon from regular orders :poke Wot ya gonna send me as a freebie SS??? :poke :poke I'm in EU :poke :poke :poke Any spare Galad Archers??? RWOS's :poke :poke :poke :poke :poke

:lol :rollin :eek

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

Free gifts?

Yes, I think those up top are trying to clear the decks as far as EU warehouse space is concerned. I've got a stack on order, but no current funds, and am getting pressured to buy or cancel. I might just have to drop the small bits to make room for the biggger bits like Sauron....

IO had thought that maybe GTG had sold out in the EU warehouse, but if only us EU guys are getting freebies, and GTG is on the list, maybe not..

Actually, I'm in the US and got a freebie as well. Of course not a big as a LOTR statue like some of the EU folks, but I can't complain as SS has been very good to me with freebies ever since I first started ordering from them a few years ago.

The MOS bust I got was free, but it was through a SDCC banner.

Woohoo! Thank you Sideshow! Just received my replacement Grima statue and thought the box was pretty large. Well, they put a Scotty (Star Trek) bust in the box! Now, how in the world did ss know that Scotty was my very favorite charater in Star Trek? You got me, but he is really quite a nice likeness and I appreciate it very much!
:bliss :dance :yay

Back