Premium Format Freddy Krueger - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Complain,complain and complain again.
Everybody complain always.
Why guys its a great statue.
Freddy was in the first movies very skinny.
The pose is good because when you do the same pose like the statue you have also hanging youre other arm.
In the first nightmares his hat was also big.
The design of the hat is awesome

Complain,complain and complain again.
Everybody complain always.
Why guys its a great statue.
Freddy was in the first movies very skinny.
The pose is good because when you do the same pose like the statue you have also hanging youre other arm.
In the first nightmares his hat was also big.
The design of the hat is awesome

When it comes to spending $350 on something, people are going to bring up the stuff that doesn't make them 100% happy. And that's fair. I can see if they were charging only $100 for this. Then we should all be smacked with a trout if we complained.

I'm a lifelong Freddy fan. For me he has always been more interesting, creative, fun, and frightening than the likes of Jason or Micheal Myers. That being said, I don't care for this piece at all. Don't get me wrong, it's beautifully sculpted, but it's just not makeup specific to any of the Nightmare films. In fact it most closely resembles the Freddy vs. Jason look, in the face, and the length of the blades on his glove.

Last year Sideshow was able to produce an excellent Jason PF that was extremely accurate to it's specific film look, making fans of that version of Jason very happy. NECA Toys also released multiple versions of Freddy, including the original version, and each were spot on to the makeup and costume of the film in which they were based.
Why Freddy does not receive the same treatment as Jason did from Sideshow is a disappointment for me. This would have been an easy purchase for me if it was accurate to the first or second film, but being that it's just another generic interpretation of the character, I'll stick with the cheapo NECA figures that are at least detail attentive.

Never, ever, ever ever ever ever EVER, get excited for paint apps on a prototype. The prototype was made by a team of talented artists. The piece you'll be paying $350 for will be assembled and painted by a room full of impoverished people who don't really give a ____.

yeah i know :rotfl ... I've learnt that with all the sideshow statues i own. but its nice to dream through a image on a statue i most prob wont own ... :lol

When it comes to spending $350 on something, people are going to bring up the stuff that doesn't make them 100% happy. And that's fair. I can see if they were charging only $100 for this. Then we should all be smacked with a trout if we complained.

:exactly:

The head sculpt is phenomenal, but i just can't get over the pose. as others said, the glove (his trademark) is pretty much hidden :dunno
7185_press01-001.jpg

If would love to own the original PF with this head sculpt. It would be the definitive Freddy statue, a nasty head sculpt and a pose that highlights his trademark weapon.
NewFreddy.jpg

fair enough, thanks for the reply. i didnt get the T1 PF :( i havent seen it in the flesh but i didnt really like arnys lips on it tho...forgive me. i was spending my coin on the EB T800 and the HT T1, im not getting anymore 1/6 scale anymore because i love the 1/4 so much more. what place do you buy your PFs at in Australia?

Yeah you can see the other boys talking about final paint aps, they are rarely what we see on the ptype.

Man, you should totally get the T1 PF mate, you wouldn't regret it. I used to get mine through case fresh in Oz but now I get em thru Sideshow direct. I can use Flexpay and I get it faster than a local dealer would get them out to me.

I so, so ,so wanted to be blown away by this - as I don't have a companion to my Jason PF yet - but this just left me cold. Such a great character with so many options for really dynamic poses that this just seems like a quick release without really going all-out for what could have been another home run (like Jason). Freddy is a horror icon - he deserved better representation than this.

This certainly does not have me feeling excited for the Pinhead PF. I worry that it will be another missed opportunity. Hope they prove me wrong.

Freddy hides his gloves behind his back and stuff all the time man, he's a sneaky ____er! I think the blades in front of the face is too obvious plus they already DID that pose.

Might order this but it will be getting the chop to both arms to look iconic like one of these pics and not the stupid Fredator pose it has now.

oldnightmareBLU.jpg

image.php

I don't have a problem with the pose and sculpt. I think it's creepy and menacing. The glove up is too obvious and been done. It's like he's kind of enticing some kiddie with the doll ready to cut them up lol. The only thing I would change is make the sweater a liiiittle bit more bulky and longer (his midriff is almost showing lol) and make the sleeves all red as per the first film and give a better exclusive.

I will get this man Sideshow is breaking me

Its Ok my kids dont need to go to college LOL

Back