Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA HA, thanks dudes! :lol

Sideshow always seems to ignore my entries that I think are really well done and go with my jokey ones instead, but a win is a win, so I'll take it! :wink1: :yess:

This was my winning entry:

View attachment 411982

The rest of my losing entries can be seen here, if anyone cares:

https://www.instagram.com/vanderspawn/

Haven't heard back about what the prize will be yet, but I'll fill ya in when I know... :dance
So did you start a fire in a metal waste bucket or something? That definitely is creative... It looks like it is indoors, unless that's on a back porch...

Hey everyone, I'm still around! Ashley is out of my life. 4 years of abuse from her. Half of my ER trips were due to her abuse to my mental and emotional health, or her neglect to taking care of me when I needed help. She wrecked the house on her way out, so my mom and I are fixing stuff, and she is moving in to take care of me since I need 24/7 monitoring in case things get bad again. I'm feeling great right now. With her out of my life, I finally feel free. I was forced to alienate most of my family and friends, and constantly shamed for anything I enjoyed. I couldn't even play a video game without some form of grief from her. It's all for the better now though, I'm fighting that much harder to live, for myself, for everyone who has got me here, and for all of my friends. Thank you all for the kind words and support. Right now I'm on "borrowed" wifi with maybe 1 bar at a time, so I won't be checking in much until I get a line installed in the house again, which *should* be this week if ATT doesn't **** up again.

So, if things go as planned, between 8am and 11am they should be installing internet and cable, so I may stop going as crazy :p

I mean, we have to redo the entire house, since I moved into another room for my office so I wouldn't have to empty out shelves and a closet, so I'm downsizing a lot. Selling off tons of stuff I have that doesn't mean anything to me. Keeping any gifts no matter how big or small I've gotten from people over the years, and keeping things that have more personal value or I truly enjoy, but getting rid of a lot of statues, like my DC Bombshell collection, even my original Harley from the line. Going to refocus my life on less clutter and possessions, more time spent being creative, surrounding myself with friends, finding inspiration, and once I can afford a new keyboard rack, a LOT of music recording. In the mean time, I have like 50 piles of books to get on shelves surrounding me, and a lot of stuff to sell and give away to people. Been giving friends statues left and right... selling stuff off everywhere... just cleansing and purging. It feels damn good. (Not getting rid of ANY of my Sideshow figures, don't worry. All of those have very personal spots for me... even the one the evil ex got me, simply because I love Escape from NY, even if that piece came from a rotten demon husk) but yea. I don't miss her at all. That's probably a sign. I treated myself to some fresh vinyl and a new coat this week for recovery. Got a sample of an unproduced coat, maybe 4 total exist. It's pretty badass, I got it for about 80% off what it would cost if they put it into full production, and since it is a sample it is hand made, not machined through a factory. It looks very Cyberpunk Templar, almost out of The Secret World. Was originally going to be a Devil May Cry coat apparently, but I see it as a Templar coat. Going to really go over the top on a new costume with this one. Once it arrives and some of the fluid shakes off I'll get pictures.

So, fluid retention peaked at around 185lbs for my total weight. I'm already back down to about 156lbs.... mind everyone here I've been staying at about 160lbs since October or so, and my normal weight is closer to 135-140. It's kind of a miraculous loss. They did drain 5 liters of infected fluid out of my abdomen though in the hospital. My side is still tender from the giant needles and suction tubing they used. The stuff looked like a red wine. It was terrifying to see that much come out of me.

Anyways, I'm still Jack Harkness, I can not die! 5 or 6 times now Death has tried... but I resist her sweet temptations each time. Anyways, once I get internet tomorrow I'll let everyone know how things are and be back to regularly posting, but this spotty 1 bar of wifi randomly every 5-10 minutes **** is really annoying, so I'm going to get back to shelving books and finding stuff to get rid of. I hope everyone is having a good time! Oh, and be warned, if I get my transplant or I'm healthy enough during Spook... Juan and I will be doing some crazy things... It will get nuts.

Edit - I did get to IKEA today, got another DETOLF. It's going in my office so that all of my 1/6th scale stuff can stay closer to me at all times. :) My frst 1/6th scale figure was a Resident Evil 5 Jill Valentine in Combat Suit from a close family member when I nearly died at age 22. Still trying to get my hands on the STARS Jill Valentine sadly. Probably my favorite video game character of all time. I played a lot of Resident Evil in my teen years, and Ultima Online. UO just has crappy McFarlane junk that won't stay standing up.

Glad to hear you're doing better and are out of the hospital! I hope it stays that way, until they have a liver for you... Try to keep an upbeat attitude! Things have already started to get better for you, and will continue to do so!!!

Heading to Walmart soon to get frames for the artcells and all from freaktacular last year :) Getting in a few minutes of Elder Scrolls Online first. Down to 146lbs today, I have no idea what I weigh without any fluid anymore, but my arms look sickly skinny. I need to start hardcore on the protein soon...

Heading to Walmart soon to get frames for the artcells and all from freaktacular last year :) Getting in a few minutes of Elder Scrolls Online first. Down to 146lbs today, I have no idea what I weigh without any fluid anymore, but my arms look sickly skinny. I need to start hardcore on the protein soon...
Wow, that's a pretty drastic change... Hopefully you don't drop to an unhealthy weight... Are you taking daily vitamins?

Wow, that's a pretty drastic change... Hopefully you don't drop to an unhealthy weight... Are you taking daily vitamins?

A lot of them... I know before my normal weight was 135lbs without fluid... I'm not a big guy. CF takes about 4k calories/day for me to keep my current weight. I've retained fluid for months, which pushes on my stomach and makes me nauseous/unable to eat, and not eating has unstretched my stomach a lot... so its hard to get back to where I was.

A lot of them... I know before my normal weight was 135lbs without fluid... I'm not a big guy. CF takes about 4k calories/day for me to keep my current weight. I've retained fluid for months, which pushes on my stomach and makes me nauseous/unable to eat, and not eating has unstretched my stomach a lot... so its hard to get back to where I was.
I'm glad you're on the mend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Giving all a heads up. I'm going to be moving my Freaktacular contests to another board this year due to what occurred yesterday with the custom section. I just don't feel it was right.

Don't know what happened in the custom section, but keep me posted. I honestly stay in this thread on here... good people are here, rather skip out on the bad ones.

Don't know what happened in the custom section, but keep me posted. I honestly stay in this thread on here... good people are here, rather skip out on the bad ones.

Wow glad to hear your back and recovering. You got full support here man! Here’s to good health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave could have dropped the forum's affiliation with Sideshow and the custom section could have stayed. If the forum isn't going to allow customs, then I'm pretty much done with the site as well. It'll be interesting to see what happens with forum activity in the next couple months.

What happened?

Dave erased all custom threads. Sideshow went to facebook and banned groups associated to sideshow from talking about customs on fb. A lot of people got screwed that were waiting on customs. Artist lost their threads.

Customs are now banned by sideshow ruling. A new forum is being created

Oh... ok. I saw one post about it on Facebook yesterday but I didn't pay much attention since I don't deal with customs..... What a bummer.

Back