Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so we did the family thing at the brother in laws so I caved and opened mine. I'm a little afraid (in a good way) of what might be on those CD's. [emoji3]

Thanks Zod and Santa. Cool stuff. I'm happy.
97cc4b00640eacd8e42d66a3485e0238.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I WAS YOUR SANTA :D

I hope you enjoy the stuff. Since you said Batman, the LEGO set is one of my favorites, and my wife LOVES LEGOs (As in walk-in closet floor to ceiling stacked. You can't get past the doorway. At all. We're talking 66 batcave, every major creator, the city lines, every friends set, ghostbusters firehouse... *loves* legos) so that was my way of including her likes into yours, and the porg is for the Star Wars side, because I love Porgs. Was hoping you might get the chase, but a porg is a porg :) The CD's are rap... not safe-for-work, but NOT gangster rap. mc chris is a nerd rapper, and one of my idols. He lost his father a year or so ago, maybe more now. He gave up smoking/drinking, has a wife and kid now. fett's vette is probably his best known song. That CD is a single of that song, and it is about, you guessed it, Boba Fett. It's a fun song all else. Foes is a CD of songs about Batman villains. Part 6 is Joker, Part 7 is Riddler I think, 8 is Penguin, 9 is Mr Freeze. If you enjoy these CD's, friends is a CD about Batman's allies, and all of his music is very nerd-themed and enjoyable. Language varies song-to-song, and some get a bit crude. He raises money for Cystic Fibrosis too, because his nephew has it. CF is the disease that has me in the place I am in life, so I respect him a lot for his dedication for raising money to try to cure it, or at least find better ways to give relief to people suffering from it. He tends to raise over 10k a year, and being an indy artist, that's impressive to do in my eyes.

Anyways, once I can move around better and my health gets back to stable, I'm fixing my 3d printer (It uncalibrated, in my current shape I can't fix it) and I'm going to be sending you a few things I made. Nothing huge, but I think you will enjoy them. Remind me if I forget once my health improves. Seriously though, make a note to remind me, I keep forgetting what I did two hours ago anymore, I have a pile of sticky notes and at least 2 of them I wrote "Print stuff for Darth Madden" on.

Aha! Logged in on my phone now too so I can post from my couch, aka my bed during bad health. For some reason I can't sleep in our actual comfy bed when I'm sick, just can't get comfortable.

Merry Christmas everyone!

5xlzihq.gif

I opened my secret Santa box this morning and was blown away. Thanks so much, punk! I really like it all, but I think the card and print are my favorites.

fe9c5c8ae5b4a7c6f7b263b719f542ae.jpg

17a3c13055a84f3743cfa975d3ca19f4.jpg

Last edited:
Opened my Secret Santa gifts today.
0cf90b928579e47e5ff3501ea389b98e.jpg

These are excellent! Thank you, whoever you are!

Also opened my Zod gift
23580da864ed50a55fdfcb30f0a93526.jpg

Thanks again man! You are a most generous Zod!

Merry Christmas all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you liked it Zod. There are a few blank cards in there in case you want to reprint it for use in the future. I tossed in the quick sketch as well in case you wanted it. (if you are going to toss it send it back. :D ) The watch was the main gift... there was a cool black one too but I didn't like the rubber strap it had on it. In any case there is a gift receipt in the box in case you already have the watch. I was going to get a ring, but the sizes were too big for you. You may already have the other Superman stuff, but you can open some now if you do. :D Merry Christmas!

Opened my gifts! I'm pretty sure my santa was Shawpaw as I recognized the name on the box. :) got me 2 star wars pops! A Power Rangers pin which is cool cause I collect pins but didn't even really mention that, a TMNT lego ish set (now I need to get the other 3...lol) and 6 issues of Extremity! That's a series I haven't read but wanted to so that's ultra sweet. Only have one issue of it as it had a "spawn month" variant cover to it. I read that issue and liked it and had planned on getting more. Awesome. Thanks Shaw!
20171225_091441.jpg

And my gift from Zod. Marty and Doc Dorbs! Huge bttf fan so these are awesome.
20171225_103013.jpg

Excellent secret santa this year! Thanks all. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's hauls.

Merry Christmas All!

Opened my Zod and Secret Santa gift this morning!

GZL got me a great Batman shirt! Thanks buddy, much appreciated!

c3ff1cd418439d710249b8726f243c17.jpg

My Secret Santa gift was from Brendan! Not sure of username but sure I’ll find out soon. I had a very nice note from him that explains what all he got me. Very much appreciated and thoughtful.

b64386a68221770a49a6028007dad207.jpg

And yes, I love to read so the book is fantastic and not one I’ve read yet. Looking forward to it.

I also got two Funko Horror Mystery Mini’s. Super fun to open. I got Jaws and the Universal Mummy!

Finally, that Batman knife. Holy lord, that thing is dangerous and wicked when opened. Opens almost like a double bladed switchblade. I’ll try to take a video of it later today. All in all, such an awesome gift and many thanks!! Love it all!

777ea3efe36a0b1062521c1e39d37dd6.jpg

I WAS YOUR SANTA :D

I hope you enjoy the stuff. Since you said Batman, the LEGO set is one of my favorites, and my wife LOVES LEGOs (As in walk-in closet floor to ceiling stacked. You can't get past the doorway. At all. We're talking 66 batcave, every major creator, the city lines, every friends set, ghostbusters firehouse... *loves* legos) so that was my way of including her likes into yours, and the porg is for the Star Wars side, because I love Porgs. Was hoping you might get the chase, but a porg is a porg :) The CD's are rap... not safe-for-work, but NOT gangster rap. mc chris is a nerd rapper, and one of my idols. He lost his father a year or so ago, maybe more now. He gave up smoking/drinking, has a wife and kid now. fett's vette is probably his best known song. That CD is a single of that song, and it is about, you guessed it, Boba Fett. It's a fun song all else. Foes is a CD of songs about Batman villains. Part 6 is Joker, Part 7 is Riddler I think, 8 is Penguin, 9 is Mr Freeze. If you enjoy these CD's, friends is a CD about Batman's allies, and all of his music is very nerd-themed and enjoyable. Language varies song-to-song, and some get a bit crude. He raises money for Cystic Fibrosis too, because his nephew has it. CF is the disease that has me in the place I am in life, so I respect him a lot for his dedication for raising money to try to cure it, or at least find better ways to give relief to people suffering from it. He tends to raise over 10k a year, and being an indy artist, that's impressive to do in my eyes.

Anyways, once I can move around better and my health gets back to stable, I'm fixing my 3d printer (It uncalibrated, in my current shape I can't fix it) and I'm going to be sending you a few things I made. Nothing huge, but I think you will enjoy them. Remind me if I forget once my health improves. Seriously though, make a note to remind me, I keep forgetting what I did two hours ago anymore, I have a pile of sticky notes and at least 2 of them I wrote "Print stuff for Darth Madden" on.

Songs about Batman villains... ok.... now I'm very curious. thanks for everything. :)

Okay opened all my gifts and too my Secret Santa and Zod wow thank you so much you made a Universal Monster Fan Happy!
2b2f31c34085e2245a338a6fa34cf1bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I love seeing all the gifts everyone got! :rock

Thanks again to everyone that participated in Secret Santa this year. The generosity of this group never ceases to amaze me.

Well, I opened my gift from my Secret Santa. (Trash Panda I am looking at you!?)

What a great surprise! My family was a bit mad because of how much I loved these gifts! Unknown to anyone I have a strong affinity to T-shirt’s that reference a film without actually showing the name of the film! So this tee is awesome! Then a phantasm ornament!?!?? Holy crap! Alien keychain! Captains log book and awesome book about Marvel comics!

And of course, the fearsome Zod sent the surprise gift of a HUGE funko pop Mr StayPuft! Which was so appropriate being I opened my BW Ghostbusters today!

This Freak group is the best....Happy Xmas to all!!!!

So am I right about my Secret Santa?

daa3eceba16ab35597b43e151333842e.jpg
30411a47e0ffcc0ea0b6eb33bf2f3e07.jpg
3107b76a1b67ef533b52d0556a782bce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Songs about Batman villains... ok.... now I'm very curious. thanks for everything. :)

I just hope you enjoy it all. :) I tried to theme stuff to your likes and make it a bit personal, not just random junk. Spent a while carefully thinking. Let me know what you think of the music, I look forward to a review! :p

Opened my gifts! I'm pretty sure my santa was Shawpaw as I recognized the name on the box. :) got me 2 star wars pops! A Power Rangers pin which is cool cause I collect pins but didn't even really mention that, a TMNT lego ish set (now I need to get the other 3...lol) and 6 issues of Extremity! That's a series I haven't read but wanted to so that's ultra sweet. Only have one issue of it as it had a "spawn month" variant cover to it. I read that issue and liked it and had planned on getting more. Awesome. Thanks Shaw!
View attachment 383959

Excellent secret santa this year! Thanks all. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's hauls.

Haha you’re a man of many tastes. I was a little nervous whether you’d like it all or not. I figured you knew it was me. I still owe you more turtles from a few Freaktaculars ago (so I’ll even it up eventually). You’ve mentioned your pin collection before and I thought that would be a cool SDCC exclusive to add. I also knew you were a comic guy too and tracking down that #1 in NM- condition was difficult lol. I haven’t actually read the series yet so I’ll have to get another #1 to start it :lol

Back