Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2014

Alex wrote on SF that they aren't sure whether they'll be doing a 12 Days this year :(

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

JediSword, did Alex give any clue to their reasons? If it's in response to the fake code mess, that would be a poor business decision. The number of people who genuinely take part in Spooktacular far outweigh the idiots who tried to muck it up.

If its due to a general downturn or slowing in their sales, then that's really unfortunate. They definitely scaled back Spooktacular for some financial reason. I'm sure Hot Toys entering into the Star Wars 1/6 arena is definitely weighing heavily on them as well. That's traditionally been a bread and butter line for Sideshow.

JediSword, did Alex give any clue to their reasons? If it's in response to the fake code mess, that would be a poor business decision. The number of people who genuinely take part in Spooktacular far outweigh the idiots who tried to muck it up.

If its due to a general downturn or slowing in their sales, then that's really unfortunate. They definitely scaled back Spooktacular for some financial reason. I'm sure Hot Toys entering into the Star Wars 1/6 arena is definitely weighing heavily on them as well. That's traditionally been a bread and butter line for Sideshow.

I doubt that's the reason. 12 days generally is just a bunch of previews and a couple giveaways. Even last year it was slimmed down to next to nothing because honestly it takes place during the holiday season and most people don't have time to pay attention and participate.

I doubt that's the reason. 12 days generally is just a bunch of previews and a couple giveaways. Even last year it was slimmed down to next to nothing because honestly it takes place during the holiday season and most people don't have time to pay attention and participate.

I did... codes from it and Spook last year enabled me to be able to actually afford to purchase my first Sideshow item for myself! The Mystique bust on my desk. :)

Didn't they give away $15,000 during Spook. That's scaled back?
Dunno how that compares to past events.

I think Sideshow are losing a lot of custom to XM and collectors who aren't prepared to play the Q.C lottery.
They seem to be dropping Edition Sizes after reveal due to lack of interest/sales.
I think they need to go back to the Exclusive ES reveal when the pre-order goes up.
Bring back a bit of excitement on a Thursday.
Waiting 2-3 months before we get the ES is pretty lame and purely there to maximise profits.

Didn't they give away $15,000 during Spook. That's scaled back?
Dunno how that compares to past events.

I think Sideshow are losing a lot of custom to XM and collectors who aren't prepared to play the Q.C lottery.
They seem to be dropping Edition Sizes after reveal due to lack of interest/sales.
I think they need to go back to the Exclusive ES reveal when the pre-order goes up.
Bring back a bit of excitement on a Thursday.
Waiting 2-3 months before we get the ES is pretty lame and purely there to maximise profits.

Well on one license, maybe. The Giveaways at spook this year were about the same as last year, just even more social media than last time.

I think what everyone is feeling is that there are more people competing for the same amount of prizes this year, or that the prizes aren't what people wanted.

I think what everyone is feeling is that there are more people competing for the same amount of prizes this year, or that the prizes aren't what people wanted.

I'd agree with that. I don't collect 1/6th scale figures and they gave A LOT of 1/6th stuff away. That and with twitter and Facebook there's tons of people, some who probably don't even collect but just want something for free, competing for the giveaways....social media sucks :lol

I'd agree with that. I don't collect 1/6th scale figures and they gave A LOT of 1/6th stuff away. That and with twitter and Facebook there's tons of people, some who probably don't even collect but just want something for free, competing for the giveaways....social media sucks :lol

Hey I came from social media! :O

I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about the Decorating Contest, I know they did a post with the Pumpkins but nothing on the other two so far... :huh

Edit: Just found the blog post. Looks like you and Ducket both got featured, did either of you get messages from Sideshow saying you were winners?

Guess they didn't like my desk entry:

Maybe I shouldn't have killed off Chicky and Susan? :lol :wink1:

I saw the blog post, which is why I'm trying to find out. Nothing in my e-mail..

I haven't seen anything posted anywhere about the Decorating Contest, I know they did a post with the Pumpkins but nothing on the other two so far... :huh

Edit: Just found the blog post. Looks like you and Ducket both got featured, did either of you get messages from Sideshow saying you were winners?

Guess they didn't like my desk entry:

Maybe I shouldn't have killed off Chicky and Susan? :lol :wink1:

Haven't heard anything Vander, but your desk decos are superb!

Hey all-

Mort patch manufacturing update...my wife is almost done making them all...I need to stop at an office supplies store and grab CD mailers so I can start shipping them out.

Hopefully will have them all in the mail by the end of this week!

Thanks again for your patience, I'm *really* going to try having them actually made *before* Spooktacular next year.

Back