Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2014

Yes, punk. Something came up yesterday and I was on mobile most of the day, so without further ado:

I want to extend another huge 'THANK YOU!' to SomethingSexy, CallMeTheDoctor, Darth Madden, King Darkness, Zachw117 and last but certainly not least UToyfan for the amazing contests you hosted and incredible prizes you all sent me. Your generosity and overall awesomeness during Spooktacular 2014 made it a most memorable one and it's deeply appreciated, and definitely inspired me to be prepared for next Spook to pay it forward.

Also a huge 'THANK YOU!' to ALL the other gracious contest hosts and all of you participants for making the week not only an incredibly fun event, but also for bringing people together that normally may not converse on the forum due to different collecting interests. I'm really grateful I made many new friends, and maybe an few enemies after I post pics! LOL I kid! I kid!

The loot ;)

Courtesy of Darth Madden:

SSFSpook2014DarthmaddenPrize_zpse3f77e57.jpg

Courtesy of King Darkness:

$T2eC16J,!yQFIi21q8IjBSR!pqdfF!~~60_12.JPG

Courtesy of UToyfan:

I had my 3 inspectors check the delivery out:

UToyFanPrize1_zpsa9392289.jpg

UToyFanPrize19_zps56619800.jpg

UToyFanPrize2_zps8a046d76.jpg

UToyFanPrize5_zps23ab76fe.jpg

UToyFanPrize4_zps06ae6ddf.jpg

UToyFanPrize21_zps9d3b41fc.jpg

UToyFanPrize34_zps913c4d19.jpg

UToyFanPrize31_zps46a3875c.jpg

UToyFanPrize32_zps33445c93.jpg

UToyFanPrize39_zpsa7815c43.jpg

UToyFanPrize40edit_zpsa538dff2.jpg

Congrats man. You have my envy and UT has my praise.

Congrats, Yankee! Thankfully, it isn't a lot of stuff I collect. I already have Wolfe and Chucky, and nothing else was Star Wars or horror. I'm still jealous of course, but it's not as bad as it could have been! :lol I do like that Gwen Stacy and Joker, but I have no Batman stuff in my collection whatsoever...

Congrats, Yankee! Thankfully, it isn't a lot of stuff I collect. I already have Wolfe and Chucky, and nothing else was Star Wars or horror. I'm still jealous of course, but it's not as bad as it could have been! :lol I do like that Gwen Stacy and Joker, but I have no Batman stuff in my collection whatsoever...

I feel the same way. It would have been awesome to win all that but thankfully non of it is stuff I can't live without.... (at least that's what I am going to keep telling myself. :))

Last edited:

Yes, punk. Something came up yesterday and I was on mobile most of the day, so without further ado:

I want to extend another huge 'THANK YOU!' to SomethingSexy, CallMeTheDoctor, Darth Madden, King Darkness, Zachw117 and last but certainly not least UToyfan for the amazing contests you hosted and incredible prizes you all sent me. Your generosity and overall awesomeness during Spooktacular 2014 made it a most memorable one and it's deeply appreciated, and definitely inspired me to be prepared for next Spook to pay it forward.

Also a huge 'THANK YOU!' to ALL the other gracious contest hosts and all of you participants for making the week not only an incredibly fun event, but also for bringing people together that normally may not converse on the forum due to different collecting interests. I'm really grateful I made many new friends, and maybe an few enemies after I post pics! LOL I kid! I kid!

The loot ;)

$T2eC16J,!yQFIi21q8IjBSR!pqdfF!~~60_12.JPG

Courtesy of UToyfan:

I had my 3 inspectors check the delivery out:

UToyFanPrize1_zpsa9392289.jpg

UToyFanPrize19_zps56619800.jpg

UToyFanPrize2_zps8a046d76.jpg

UToyFanPrize5_zps23ab76fe.jpg

UToyFanPrize4_zps06ae6ddf.jpg

UToyFanPrize21_zps9d3b41fc.jpg

UToyFanPrize34_zps913c4d19.jpg

UToyFanPrize31_zps46a3875c.jpg

UToyFanPrize32_zps33445c93.jpg

UToyFanPrize39_zpsa7815c43.jpg

UToyFanPrize40edit_zpsa538dff2.jpg

Congrats on all the prizes. UT is da man.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T said:
You will! Did you get my PM btw? :tap

Umm, yeah, I think I did. For some add reason I was bombarded with PMs this week and some got lost in the jumble.

Glad he arrived safe and sound.

Congrats on your obnoxiously gross winning streak :pfft:

:moon

Wow UT, way to knock it out of the park!! Great prizes, and your generosity is commendable! :hi5:

As for you Y4NK33, congrats!! That's an AMAZING haul!! Well worth the shipping fees, that's for sure :) Every time I see that Gwen (and MJ) comiquette, I'm tempted to order...but I know I just can't :lol Oh and in keeping with the new tradition...

tumblr_mjciofekpo1ruy7hjo2_250.gif

I think I'm going to start planning now for next year's. I want to do something cool and big....a year should be enough time :lol

Definitely :goodpost:

Congrats man. You have my envy and UT has my praise.

That Batman is the poo

Congrats on all the prizes. UT is da man.

I feel the same way. It would have been awesome to win all that but thankfully non of it is stuff I can't live without.... (at leas that's what I am going to keep telling myself. :))

:lol

Umm, yeah, I think I did. For some add reason I was bombarded with PMs this week and some got lost in the jumble.

Glad he arrived safe and sound.

Congrats on your obnoxiously gross winning streak :pfft:

:moon

I hope so, I did send it the day it arrived to thank you. :lecture

And thanks! :lol

Wow UT, way to knock it out of the park!! Great prizes, and your generosity is commendable! :hi5:

As for you Y4NK33, congrats!! That's an AMAZING haul!! Well worth the shipping fees, that's for sure :) Every time I see that Gwen (and MJ) comiquette, I'm tempted to order...but I know I just can't :lol Oh and in keeping with the new tradition...

tumblr_mjciofekpo1ruy7hjo2_250.gif

:lol Thanks buddy!

This Spook has definitely made me reconsider and refocus my collection.

At one point I had HT Batman & Joker figures and some other DC things, but decided to just focus mainly on Marvel so I sold everything off. :gah: During this Spook there was only 1 figure I wanted, SSC Harley Quinn (who I planned to make an exception for), but they never offered a coupon for her so I didn't pull the trigger. Now, with Bats & Joker in the house I'll definitely be picking her up :rock and adding DC back into the fold!

As a kid Spidey was bar none my favorite comic book character & I've been wanting to add a 1/4 Spidey to my collection for ages, but since I only wish to add one I'm really picky and I'm not big on the Comiquettes. I thought Gwen and MJ were really well done when they launched, but since I didn't like Spidey there was little reason to pick either of the girls up. Now I def need a Spidey and have no idea where to turn for this fix :panic: :lol

I think I'm going to start planning now for next year's. I want to do something cool and big....a year should be enough time :lol

Yeah, I liked the contests I did this year so I will probably do them again next year but this time I’ll make the question one only 10 instead of 15 and last a week not two…. that was a little too long. Now I just need to keep my eyes open for prizes. :)

:lol Thanks buddy!

This Spook has definitely made me reconsider and refocus my collection.

At one point I had HT Batman & Joker figures and some other DC things, but decided to just focus mainly on Marvel so I sold everything off. :gah: During this Spook there was only 1 figure I wanted, SSC Harley Quinn (who I planned to make an exception for), but they never offered a coupon for her so I didn't pull the trigger. Now, with Bats & Joker in the house I'll definitely be picking her up :rock and adding DC back into the fold!

As a kid Spidey was bar none my favorite comic book character & I've been wanting to add a 1/4 Spidey to my collection for ages, but since I only wish to add one I'm really picky and I'm not big on the Comiquettes. I thought Gwen and MJ were really well done when they launched, but since I didn't like Spidey there was little reason to pick either of the girls up. Now I def need a Spidey and have no idea where to turn for this fix :panic: :lol

Comiquettes can go either way, but if you feel the need to get one, I think you should consider the Campbell one (if it's still available). It'd fit perfectly with Gwen, and the way he's posed and sculpted really makes him feel like he's the agile wallcrawler. It's weird to me too, because they never really appealed to me either, but they keep growing on me when I see them. I think if you picked up that one, you'd be more than happy with it in the end!

And that's awesome you can grab Harley now! Much easier using just a $20 coupon or something on her now that you've saved hundreds elsewhere :lol With Catwoman also coming out soon, the Sideshow DC line will just continue to grow I'd say! You should have some fun with it (and even more fun if you step into the movie world with Hot Toys too...that's where I'm focusing, but I guess it depends on which area of DC you want to focus :) )

Goodbye Mort, I'll see you next year. Packing up all of my Halloween decorations.

And with that, I bid you a fond farewell. Unsubscribed...

9B1FCEF5-10C2-465D-8F5D-AF0CBAC5DE9C_zpsk3mj6qxh.jpg

:wave

Comiquettes can go either way, but if you feel the need to get one, I think you should consider the Campbell one (if it's still available). It'd fit perfectly with Gwen, and the way he's posed and sculpted really makes him feel like he's the agile wallcrawler. It's weird to me too, because they never really appealed to me either, but they keep growing on me when I see them. I think if you picked up that one, you'd be more than happy with it in the end!

And that's awesome you can grab Harley now! Much easier using just a $20 coupon or something on her now that you've saved hundreds elsewhere :lol With Catwoman also coming out soon, the Sideshow DC line will just continue to grow I'd say! You should have some fun with it (and even more fun if you step into the movie world with Hot Toys too...that's where I'm focusing, but I guess it depends on which area of DC you want to focus :) )

Hear, hear! Grow the DC line! I'm going to avoid the HT offerings b/c there's too many, Idk how the hell I'd pick just one Batman and one Joker. :lol That's the problem I have being an HT IM collector :banghead

As for the new Spidey comi, I just can't do it. :lol I'm sure we'll see more Spidey's down the road, just hoping it's sooner rather than years later. ;)

Goodbye Mort, I'll see you next year. Packing up all of my Halloween decorations.

And with that, I bid you a fond farewell. Unsubscribed...

Ouch, harsh! Fine, go then! Miss out on the love and friendship in the months to come! :lol :1-1:

72901-Ron-Burgundy-whore-island-gif-y0HA.gif

Hear, hear! Grow the DC line! I'm going to avoid the HT offerings b/c there's too many, Idk how the hell I'd pick just one Batman and one Joker. :lol That's the problem I have being an HT IM collector :banghead

As for the new Spidey comi, I just can't do it. :lol I'm sure we'll see more Spidey's down the road, just hoping it's sooner rather than years later. ;)

I hear ya...it's best to choose one focus in that respect! I'm sticking with movie offerings from Hot Toys, and shying away from comic licenses. I've got DX Batman, and I'll DEFINITELY be picking up Batfleck, because, Batfleck. And then I'll be picking up one of each of the Justice League as the crew grows!

That's one thing I'm pretty good at, in that I won't get loads of the same character. I've got The Mechanic Tony Stark because I loved Iron Man 3, and I felt that was the perfect representation of his movie-verse character. Pieces of Iron Man, but mostly Tony. I love it. An Iron Man figure would have to blow me away down the road (which wouldn't be out of the question!) to get me to pick it up. Not that there's anything wrong with getting more than one (which is clear many, as yourself, do with how many are released!) it's just one place where I'm able to restrain myself, thankfully :lol

I'm waiting for Captain America: Civil War to pick up my lone Cap figure, and I'll do the same for some of the rest of the figures too. The Guardians I'll hopefully be getting next year, though I'll be waiting for Guardians 2 for Drax at the very least because -- ugh, horrible first sculpt as is. It's a juggling game, but yeah, if you're a fan of the comic license that UT has now started for you :)lol) then there's definitely going to be more to offer there! Superman is already out (if you're going all across DC) and I'm sure they'll bring out even more. Flash is on the way too, is he not? So you'll have a lot to choose from in that line.

As for Spidey, there'll definitely be more if you really dislike that one :) I'm not sure if it'll be before 2016-17...but there'll be another. He's too popular on his own not to have him constantly around!

The loot ;)

<snip>

Courtesy of UToyfan:

<snip>

Nice hauls Y4nk33, but of all of this is the one I'm most jealous of.

I hear ya...it's best to choose one focus in that respect! I'm sticking with movie offerings from Hot Toys, and shying away from comic licenses. I've got DX Batman, and I'll DEFINITELY be picking up Batfleck, because, Batfleck. And then I'll be picking up one of each of the Justice League as the crew grows!

That's one thing I'm pretty good at, in that I won't get loads of the same character. I've got The Mechanic Tony Stark because I loved Iron Man 3, and I felt that was the perfect representation of his movie-verse character. Pieces of Iron Man, but mostly Tony. I love it. An Iron Man figure would have to blow me away down the road (which wouldn't be out of the question!) to get me to pick it up. Not that there's anything wrong with getting more than one (which is clear many, as yourself, do with how many are released!) it's just one place where I'm able to restrain myself, thankfully :lol

I'm waiting for Captain America: Civil War to pick up my lone Cap figure, and I'll do the same for some of the rest of the figures too. The Guardians I'll hopefully be getting next year, though I'll be waiting for Guardians 2 for Drax at the very least because -- ugh, horrible first sculpt as is. It's a juggling game, but yeah, if you're a fan of the comic license that UT has now started for you :)lol) then there's definitely going to be more to offer there! Superman is already out (if you're going all across DC) and I'm sure they'll bring out even more. Flash is on the way too, is he not? So you'll have a lot to choose from in that line.

As for Spidey, there'll definitely be more if you really dislike that one :) I'm not sure if it'll be before 2016-17...but there'll be another. He's too popular on his own not to have him constantly around!

I wish I stuck to one IM in my collection, going the Pokemon route is a never ending rabbit hole :lol

Nice hauls Y4nk33, but of all of this is the one I'm most jealous of.

Thanks Kami! :hi5:

Finally get to see UT's mega prize package and it's stunning! Congrats Y4NK33!!!

Thanks UTtoyfan for being so kind and generous through your forum and chat contests. It bears repeating that you made this year's Spooktacular memorable.

Back