Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

#ScaredSchitless

This is for Shappaw's scary story contest:

There is this old building in town that was always said to be haunted. Used to be an asylum or hospital or something and now is a nursing home. My brother and my mom play gospel music and went there to play one day for the residents. My brother was talking to one of the nurses and said he had always heard the place was haunted and wanted her thoughts on it. She told him this story:

One night during a rain storm one of the elderly ladies kept yelling for the nurse to come in. She went in and the old lady kept saying she was hearing gunfire. The nurse told her it was just the thunder and that it was raining outside, nothing to worry about. Later, the old lady yelled for the nurse again demanding that she heard gunfire. Nurse again explained it was only thunder. This happened several times back and forth but the old lady insisted it wasn't thunder. Then the nurse walked out into the hallway... and at the end of the hallway she saw a man (apparition) dressed in a civil war uniform... he turned and walked away and had a huge gaping gunshot wound in the back of his head! Freaky!
Nice one!

Some good scary stories, gents. Keep 'em coming.

About 10 years, I was at an art museum and there was this very large head outside in the back garden (I think it was from India). It that gave off an eerie vibe and I dont know what it was about the head, but my body keep telling me to get the *****k away from it.

About 10 years, I was at an art museum and there was this very large head outside in the back garden (I think it was from India). It that gave off an eerie vibe and I dont know what it was about the head, but my body keep telling me to get the *****k away from it.

Sounds like me with my ex :lol

Well sorta scary story, #scaredschitless

Growing up in jamaica, my grandmother (on my father's side) would always visit. young woman for her age, very nimble. A lot of times you'd be woken up by her in the middle of the night sitting at the foot of the bed praying. Seems she never slept. One night I was woken up by her talking to someone in the hallway outside my bedroom and there was a lot of light in the hallway, i thought she had one of the the kerosene lamps we used during power outtages. I walked out in the hallway and called out to her ...Grandma you okay? I saw her standing there with her left arm outstretched like she was holding onto someone, the light was coming from the left side of where she was standing, but I didn't see where it was coming from. She turned to answer me with her usually exclamation ....Po, Po! (like oh oh but with a P:)) She then asked me if I knew who this little girl standing next to her was? Said she was taking her to the bathroom. At this point the light started to fade. I answered her saying... Grandma, there is no little girl there. Grandma died in her sleep the following week.

Last edited:

Really creepy. Is this a #scaredschitless entry?

Well sorta scary story,

Growing up in jamaica, my grandmother (on my father's side) would always visit. young woman for her age, very nimble. A lot of times you'd be woken up by her in the middle of the night sitting at the foot of the bed praying. Seems she never slept. One night I was woken up by her talking to someone in the hallway outside my bedroom and there was a lot of light in the hallway, i thought she had one of the one of the kerosene lamps we used during power outtages. I walked out in the hallway and called out to her ...Grandma you okay? I saw her standing there with her left arm outstretched like she was being holding onto someone, the light was coming from the left side of where she was standing. She turned to answer me with her usually exclamation ....Po, Po! (like oh oh but with a P:)) She then asked me if I knew who this little girl standing next to her was? Said she was taking her to the bathroom. At this point the light started to fade. I answered her saying... Grandma, there is no little girl there. Grandma died in her sleep the following week.

Goodness. That's kinda sad, man. Ghost stories are some of the best, though.Hash tag it and I'll add it in the pool of participants.

For #Scaredschitless:
I was working at the Many Glacier Hotel in Montana many ago, said to be one of the hotels that inspired Steven King to write "The Shining." Parts of the movie were even filmed there! I was in housekeeping and had just finished cleaning a room. I shut the door, and my team and I heard running footsteps and laughter from inside the room. We all looked at each other like, "What was that?" and reopened the door. Something had taken a bar of soap and crumbled it everywhere- all over the bed, the floor, the furniture. We said a big "NOPE" to that room, shut the door and moved on...

For #Scaredschitless:
I was working at the Many Glacier Hotel in Montana many ago, said to be one of the hotels that inspired Steven King to write "The Shining." Parts of the movie were even filmed there! I was in housekeeping and had just finished cleaning a room. I shut the door, and my team and I heard running footsteps and laughter from inside the room. We all looked at each other like, "What was that?" and reopened the door. Something had taken a bar of soap and crumbled it everywhere- all over the bed, the floor, the furniture. We said a big "NOPE" to that room, shut the door and moved on...
Did you really work there

For #Scaredschitless:

Wendy: Did you find anything?
Jack: No, nothing at all. I didn't see one god-damned thing.

#ScaredSchitless

I was fast asleep in the living room of my house where I often crash on the couch. I'm not really sure what provoked me to wake up but it was roughly 3am. I caught a glimpse of some kind of light (blue?) outside my front door. I'm half asleep and groggy but I was curious so I went and opened the door. What I saw made me hysterical. I saw some kind of girlish figure run up onto my stoop. Without hesitating I slammed the **** out of the door and ran to my sister's bedroom to wake her up. At this point my heart is racing going what the hell is this?

There was no girl when I went back to check and I have no idea who I saw. But I know to this day I saw something. Whether a ghost or alien or what lol. At the time I thought it was a little girl. But nothing was there.

This happened... A few months ago?

I think within the same week, the power line snapped and went down at 2am next to my neighbor...set his lawn on fire and from the extreme heat his truck windows shattered. Same ghost maybe?

Back