Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2014

How's 12 Days of Sideshow looking for people her so far? I'm REALLY surprised their latest trio of art prints didn't include a female T&A type piece as well. But they seem to be selling quite well, so I'm sure they've realized they can just keep putting out anything and they'll sell out. Which is good, as it'll give variety to people who want one of these behind their statue, or just in general!

So far nothing has grabbed me. I have no interest in picking up the Spider-Man PF; but with that said, I think the choice to make him sideways, flinging through the air like he's leaping off the side of a building is a GREAT one! It's very unique, and it really feels like Spider-Man.

Here's hoping something I wasn't expecting, or a continuation into the Alien busts pops up in the final four days, but if not, that's all good...with all the awesome movies coming out in 2015, I may have more than I can handle already :lol

1hmILtg.gif

How's 12 Days of Sideshow looking for people her so far? I'm REALLY surprised their latest trio of art prints didn't include a female T&A type piece as well. But they seem to be selling quite well, so I'm sure they've realized they can just keep putting out anything and they'll sell out. Which is good, as it'll give variety to people who want one of these behind their statue, or just in general!

So far nothing has grabbed me. I have no interest in picking up the Spider-Man PF; but with that said, I think the choice to make him sideways, flinging through the air like he's leaping off the side of a building is a GREAT one! It's very unique, and it really feels like Spider-Man.

Here's hoping something I wasn't expecting, or a continuation into the Alien busts pops up in the final four days, but if not, that's all good...with all the awesome movies coming out in 2015, I may have more than I can handle already :lol

1hmILtg.gif
So far I want Vader, Aquaman and Spider-man, prints I'm not big on. I heard Darkseid will also be revealed so this is an expensive group of teases for me and I'm kinda hoping that three days don't have anything else I want

So far I want Vader, Aquaman and Spider-man, prints I'm not big on. I heard Darkseid will also be revealed so this is an expensive group of teases for me and I'm kinda hoping that three days don't have anything else I want

It's that steady balance you need! You want reveals that tease things you'll be interested in, because otherwise you feel like there may not be much on the horizon. But then if there are too many reveals, you end up wondering how your wallet will recover after the stroke it has midway through the year :lol

Darkseid would be a big seller! Is he a grail for you, or a wait and see how the pose/look is? That definitely brings the overall price up on teases, but on the "good news" side of things, odds are one or two will come out in 2016! If that's good news :lol

I love the new take on Aquaman from Johns, and think the statue has the potential to be amazing! I think those who grab it will be quite pleased with it. Is this the first Vader PF in a long while? I know he's like Fett and almost always sells. I picked up the Mythos, which is awesome -- though I'm pretty sure that one is still around. Unfortunate that line didn't take off enough to make more in the future :/ That would be an announcement I'd embrace!

As far as 2015 goes so far, it seems like it'll be the year of the Hot Toy for me. Age of Ultron, plus Ripley and likely a couple of others...lots of fun to be had there. Machiko will be more than enough PF for me come April!

It's that steady balance you need! You want reveals that tease things you'll be interested in, because otherwise you feel like there may not be much on the horizon. But then if there are too many reveals, you end up wondering how your wallet will recover after the stroke it has midway through the year :lol

Darkseid would be a big seller! Is he a grail for you, or a wait and see how the pose/look is? That definitely brings the overall price up on teases, but on the "good news" side of things, odds are one or two will come out in 2016! If that's good news :lol

I love the new take on Aquaman from Johns, and think the statue has the potential to be amazing! I think those who grab it will be quite pleased with it. Is this the first Vader PF in a long while? I know he's like Fett and almost always sells. I picked up the Mythos, which is awesome -- though I'm pretty sure that one is still around. Unfortunate that line didn't take off enough to make more in the future :/ That would be an announcement I'd embrace!

As far as 2015 goes so far, it seems like it'll be the year of the Hot Toy for me. Age of Ultron, plus Ripley and likely a couple of others...lots of fun to be had there. Machiko will be more than enough PF for me come April!
Well as far as PFs go I'm waiting on Wonder Woman and Catwoman to arrive, then I have Thor modern version, Daredevil, Green Hulk, Batgirl and Pinhead all coming this year so hopefully all the teases move to 2016 for me :lol

As for the Teases, Vader is only the second they've done in PF form so its a must since who knows when they'll do him again, Aquaman I need for the JLA set, Spider-man is just too cool looking to consider passing and Darkseid would be "the" JLA villain to have. Quite the line up they've put together

Well as far as PFs go I'm waiting on Wonder Woman and Catwoman to arrive, then I have Thor modern version, Daredevil, Green Hulk, Batgirl and Pinhead all coming this year so hopefully all the teases move to 2016 for me :lol

As for the Teases, Vader is only the second they've done in PF form so its a must since who knows when they'll do him again, Aquaman I need for the JLA set, Spider-man is just too cool looking to consider passing and Darkseid would be "the" JLA villain to have. Quite the line up they've put together

Yeah, I think they're sort of starting to think "big picture" just like Marvel and DC are doing film wise. They're complimenting pieces more and more, which entices collector's to pick up counterparts to help complete lineups. It's a smart move, and it makes things better for everyone overall!

Wonder Woman's PF looks fantastic. It's quite tempting, but I just can't. It'd be a standalone piece -- since I don't have a JLA lineup coming together -- and while it'd look great, I think it's best that I focus elsewhere. We need to show restraint when we can! :lol Though I'm not sure it's really restraint since I'll probably make my JL lineup from the Hot Toys coming out in 2016 :lol

Catwoman looks like she'll be awesome too. I hope she turns out nicely! She's one of my favourite Batman characters; but the timing just wasn't right and it didn't scream "must" for me. Though I also have to add at least $70 or so on top of PF prices being in Canada, so that makes it a bit easier if something isn't puuurrfect (oh yeah, that was lame ;))

But man, Thor, Daredevil, Green Hulk, Batgirl and Pinhead?! :horror :lol I'd be really surprised if half of these were out in 2015. Sometimes they surprise us, but I think you'll be okay. Well, you know, until they release more stuff you want in 2016 :lol

Do you, or anyone else, have a most anticipated of 2015 from your list?

Yeah, I think they're sort of starting to think "big picture" just like Marvel and DC are doing film wise. They're complimenting pieces more and more, which entices collector's to pick up counterparts to help complete lineups. It's a smart move, and it makes things better for everyone overall!

Wonder Woman's PF looks fantastic. It's quite tempting, but I just can't. It'd be a standalone piece -- since I don't have a JLA lineup coming together -- and while it'd look great, I think it's best that I focus elsewhere. We need to show restraint when we can! :lol Though I'm not sure it's really restraint since I'll probably make my JL lineup from the Hot Toys coming out in 2016 :lol

Catwoman looks like she'll be awesome too. I hope she turns out nicely! She's one of my favourite Batman characters; but the timing just wasn't right and it didn't scream "must" for me. Though I also have to add at least $70 or so on top of PF prices being in Canada, so that makes it a bit easier if something isn't puuurrfect (oh yeah, that was lame ;))

But man, Thor, Daredevil, Green Hulk, Batgirl and Pinhead?! :horror :lol I'd be really surprised if half of these were out in 2015. Sometimes they surprise us, but I think you'll be okay. Well, you know, until they release more stuff you want in 2016 :lol

Do you, or anyone else, have a most anticipated of 2015 from your list?
Pinhead was/is my most anticipated, I can't wait to get him.

Thanks! Good luck with the Hot Toys too, I could never keep up with the pace they put those out in...though I was sorely tempted by their Batmobiles

Thanks! The good thing about Hot Toys is that they're somewhat predictable! Unlike a PF, where it's unclear when one may or may not show up, if a movie is coming out, you know that a Hot Toy will follow lately! Like, I probably won't be able to afford every AoU figure I want, but then I can just wait to pick up Hawkeye or Black Widow, or whomever it may be in a future installment...because they'll no doubt be there!

That's the main advantage, which does help ease my mind when it comes to finances and such. It's also nice to be able to go, "Eh, that one doesn't look as nice as I'd like," and just be able to wait until the next movie to hope for a better costume. When collecting PFs, we unfortunately don't have that luxury for the most part!

Another 12 Days has come and gone! Looks like Josh got nailed with Darkseid at the end there :lol Anyone else have their eye on anything?

Luckily, I believe I escaped unscathed. It's bittersweet, but plenty will be coming this year, so it's probably best I don't have the extra temptations -- at least until SDCC :lol

I am eager to see some more shots of the new Red Sonja, Aquaman and the Space Jockey though!

Unless it's a premium format of Mary Jane and Spidey; then I'm all in! :lecture
Serious lol

Happy New Year guys. Something's wrong with my damn app. So many of my threads are showing as read but then I find days of posts that I'm behind on.

So guys what are you most excited to PO from '12 Days'?

I'll be getting for sure:
Darkseid
Spidey
Vader
Aquaman
Red Sonja (unless it's total crap)

Maybes:
T800 maquette

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Depending on full reveals and price: Black Cat, Aquaman, Space Jockey, and Terminator.
Definite buy: Darkseid.

I was super ****ing stoked from all the ****ing raw as **** we ****ing got! :rock

My wants:
Aquaman
Red Sonja
Black Cat
Darth Vader
Jango Fett
McQ Stormtrooper

Darkseid is my only eh. I don't do a lot of big ****ers, but depending on how he is; I may have to.

Not a bad 12 days IMO. Better than last year, except for WW. She was the reveal that got me into PF's :rock

Yeah this year was Awesome! Best year I've seen so far.

For me my top 3 are definites (unless Spidey is PVC lol)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Not really adding anything to the conversation--just wanted to get my 4000th post out of the way before I try to get some sleep. 4000 posts!

s5FBQRu.jpg

Back