Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This August I will hit 13 years at my current company. Longest by far I've been anywhere...and the way things are, I am putting feelers out to find a new place to be. Anyone need a Senior Unix/Linux Admin with SAN and VMware experiece?
That's interesting, because I keep thinking about going back to school (at night) to possibly become a UNIX Admin. I know UNIX better than anyone in my department. I could be making SOOO much more money if I took it to the next level...

Still retaining a lot of fluid. Most of each day is spent couch-bound or I would be posting.
That totally sucks, dude. I can't believe that's still going on for you... I thought they would have found a cure by now!

Over the past couple of years, I've gotten contacted by various headhunters, but they were all looking to fill jobs that are for lesser experienced people, at significantly lower salary than I am at.
I don't doubt that! My sister's ex-boyfriend was a UNIX admin, and I know how much he made. It was TWICE what I'm making now!!!

Cure is being water pills. Diuretics. Strong ones. Taking off maybe half a pound a day, but sometimes going back up.

That's interesting, because I keep thinking about going back to school (at night) to possibly become a UNIX Admin. I know UNIX better than anyone in my department. I could be making SOOO much more money if I took it to the next level...
All of my coworkers are completely computer illiterate.
I work at a specialty shoe retail shop. So everyone’s skills are strictly based on building customer relationships and understanding the science and anatomy of feet. That’s essentially where all skill and common sense end.
One of my coworkers asks me to change the time on his digital watch every daylight savings. Everyone asks for help doing the most rudimentary things with their smartphones and flip phones. Literally none of them can turn on the DVD player, even though it has the most basic remote. So they let it run 24/7 if I’m not there and they get angry when I turn it off at closing time.
None of my coworkers can properly enter customers’ data at the register. They don’t care whether our customers receive promotional emails or postcards. None can type; a couple of them pound the keyboard with a single pointer finger so hard that keys get jammed. Only one coworker understands how to combine customer accounts.
I’m the only one who actually enters special orders under customer accounts; others just write up a slip that disappears into a file cabinet after the order is placed. So when anyone else’s customers call to check the status of their order, we have no idea what the item is, who ordered it, or when it was placed.
They seem to think I’m some sort of genius because I understand computer basics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bunch of Brick Tamlands
Totally. No-one can properly operate the phones either. Every time I explain that the large red button places the call on hold, I get that blank Brick Tamland stare.[emoji23] They’d rather just place the phone off the hook (on the counter) when they walk away.

All of my coworkers are completely computer illiterate.
I work at a specialty shoe retail shop. So everyone’s skills are strictly based on building customer relationships and understanding the science and anatomy of feet. That’s essentially where all skill and common sense end.
One of my coworkers asks me to change the time on his digital watch every daylight savings. Everyone asks for help doing the most rudimentary things with their smartphones and flip phones. Literally none of them can turn on the DVD player, even though it has the most basic remote. So they let it run 24/7 if I’m not there and they get angry when I turn it off at closing time.
None of my coworkers can properly enter customers’ data at the register. They don’t care whether our customers receive promotional emails or postcards. None can type; a couple of them pound the keyboard with a single pointer finger so hard that keys get jammed. Only one coworker understands how to combine customer accounts.
I’m the only one who actually enters special orders under customer accounts; others just write up a slip that disappears into a file cabinet after the order is placed. So when anyone else’s customers call to check the status of their order, we have no idea what the item is, who ordered it, or when it was placed.
They seem to think I’m some sort of genius because I understand computer basics.

You're living in a nightmare!
They must be paying you a lot for you to stay in that job.

You're living in a nightmare!
They must be paying you a lot for you to stay in that job.

Yeah. Just got my W2 for 2017. Pay keeps gradually increasing year after year, consecutively being the most I’ve ever made at any job in any previous year.

I always get mine at the end of month. I always end up paying instead of getting a refund so I'm not in any rush to get it anyway. I wish I could write off toy and statue purchases somehow. :lol

I always get mine at the end of month. I always end up paying instead of getting a refund so I'm not in any rush to get it anyway. I wish I could write off toy and statue purchases somehow. :lol

Isn't all the Freaktacular prizes you give essentially giving to charity?... :D

Should be getting my W2 soon. I always have my pay stubs take as much taxes out of my pay so the return is higher. That money i get refunded this year will be spent for my trip to Disney this year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back