Freakin' PayPal!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow .. .I knew Paypal was bad, but not THIS bad. I had the notion that paypalsucks.com was just a website for whiners, but this has certainly changed my attitude when it happens to someone we know!

For the record, I always use up the monies in my Paypal account (for other Ebay purchases). So, I'm not sure if Paypal is now acting like our current government where they can invade your privacy and not feel any reason to justify it.

I'm thinking that they look at your history and try to figure out if you're using the account as a money laundering front. To them, this is peanuts to throw out any suspicious accounts. So, with that, I wonder if having a healthy give-and-take history (meaning you send monies and you receive monies, and that there's a healthy Ebay history in it).

Again, I'm just conjecturing here, and the tactic they pulled isn't justifiable especially if you can prove your end.

If anything, one thing I hate about Paypal is how they handle disputes. It's a lose-lose situation whether you're a buyer or seller, because Paypal isn't proactive in acting swiftly on behalf of either party. Monies sit at their end (and accruing interest for them) for the longest time.

Another thing I hate about Paypal is the exorbitant fees they charge fr paying through them. Unfortunately, I now declare and add the Paypal fees into the auctions I have, as a protest.

I'm curious how you're planning to resolve this IJ.

On another note, does anyone know if Google's purchase system allows payment for Ebay auctions? I haven't seen too many Google checkouts appear as a method of payment.

Radagaster said:
...On another note, does anyone know if Google's purchase system allows payment for Ebay auctions? I haven't seen too many Google checkouts appear as a method of payment.

From Google's help pages...

[SIZE=+0]Can I use Google Checkout on eBay? [/SIZE]

Google Checkout is designed to support buyers and sellers across the web. Google does not prohibit the use of Google Checkout on eBay or any other marketplace.
For more information about using Google Checkout on eBay listings, please review the appropriate eBay policies to confirm the options available to you.
You may also contact eBay directly to request clarification or provide feedback.

From the eBay Policies page...

Payment Services permitted on eBay: Allpay.net, Bidpay, cash2india, CertaPay, Checkfree.com, hyperwallet.com, Moneybookers.com, Nochex.com, Ozpay.biz, Paymate.com.au, Propay.com, XOOM

Payment Services not permitted on eBay: AlertPay.com, anypay.com, AuctionChex.com, BillPay.ie, ecount.com, cardserviceinternational.com, CCAvenue, ecount, e-gold, eHotPay.com, ePassporte.com, EuroGiro, FastCash.com, Google Checkout, gcash, GearPay, Goldmoney.com, graphcard.com, greenzap.com, ikobo.com, Liberty Dollars, Moneygram.com, neteller.com, Netpay.com, paychest.com, payingfast.com, Payko.com, paypay, Postepay, Qchex.com, rupay.com, sendmoneyorder.com, stamps, Stormpay, wmtransfer.com, xcoin.com

It's obvious that the eBay/Paypal juggernaut fears the even bigger juggernaut that is Google. And as well they should.

IrishJedi said:
It's obvious that the eBay/Paypal juggernaut fears the even bigger juggernaut that is Google. And as well they should.

i feel for you irish, they bent you over. i hate paypal and cannot wait till more options are readliy available and more widely used. ebay should be forced to not limit payment options....sounds like a monopoly.

Vader AL said:
i feel for you irish, they bent you over. i hate paypal and cannot wait till more options are readliy available and more widely used. ebay should be forced to not limit payment options....sounds like a monopoly.

It doesn't sound like a monopoly... it IS a monopoly.

madden821 said:
It doesn't sound like a monopoly... it IS a monopoly.

true. i guess Ebay is within their rights but because of their greed they are pissing off people...but unfortunately it's basically the best way to sell stuff.

galactiboy said:
Well after reading this thread I've emptied my Paypal account. I'm an honest buyer and seller. And if someone has a problem I'll usually just refund the money... but I'd hate to get some f'd up email like you just got. It'd drive me f'n insane!

I just did the same thing as well, galactiboy. There is no way I am going to risk my money getting snagged up by these tools.

Irish, sorry to hear about that crap. But at least you get to warn the rest of us.

Boba Fett said:
I just did the same thing as well, galactiboy. There is no way I am going to risk my money getting snagged up by these tools.

Irish, sorry to hear about that crap. But at least you get to warn the rest of us.

Just be careful not to move too much money at once people. As they proved in Irish's case, they can reverse a transfer to your bank even AFTER it has been initiated. Something tells me that someone transferring a large amount to their bank account will set off the "suspicious" activities investigation Nazis. It's really sad when a company is allowed to tell you how to manage YOUR money :maul

... and if nothing else they have created/continued a certain paranoia. :monkey1 :emperor :monkey4

Get a load this crap... Paypal's B.S. response to my formal BB complaint:

RE: BBB Complaint 271009

I sincerely apologize for the difficulties you have encountered while using PayPal. The company values your business and I want to do everything possible to resolve your complaint. I have reviewed your PayPal account and your recent inquiry to the Better Business Bureau. Please allow me to offer further explanation concerning your issue.

A review of your PayPal account, under the email address [email protected] shows a limitation placed on June 9, 2007. We regularly review PayPal accounts to identify the types of activities occurring on our payment network. In accordance with our Legal Agreement, PayPal may place a hold on funds in your account, limit funding sources and payments, limit access to your account and any or all of the account's functions (including but not limited to the ability to send money or making withdrawals from the account), limit withdrawals, indefinitely suspend or close your account and refuse to provide our Services to you if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information provided to us, if we believe that your account or activities pose a significant credit or fraud risk to us, or if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for yourself, our users, or us.

Please understand that these requests were not intended to insinuate any wrongdoing on your part nor was it intended to be an invasion of your privacy. Unfortunately, because PayPal is an Internet company, we do not have the pleasure of dealing with our customers face to face; therefore, we have to be certain of whom we are conducting business with. While I am certain that this situation must have been frustrating for you, account access is limited at times to protect all of our members, including yourself. We have a responsibility to all of our members to maintain a safe and secure online payment service. To achieve this goal, we must be able to verify or authenticate all information associated with your PayPal account.

PayPal has determined that it is in our mutual best interests to part ways. This is not a decision we make lightly, and we deeply regret any inconvenience or frustration this matter may cause you. Unfortunately, this decision is final.

Please understand, this decision in no way implies wrongdoing on your part in any way. It has simply become apparent in the course of our business relationship that it is in the best interests of our enterprises to part ways.

Additionally, due to the risk represented to PayPal as a result of the transactions we have processed on your behalf, all funds in your account will be held for 180 days against the risk of chargebacks or other reversals. Please be aware that should any complaint or reversals arise during the 180 days, the funds will be deducted from your available balance. This is also done in accordance with our Legal Agreement.

Alternately, you may provide us with a list of customers you may wish to have refunded, and we will be happy to issue those refunds on your behalf.

We deeply regret the necessity of this decision, and wish you every success in your future endeavors.

I understand that you have incurred NSF fees that were assessed by your financial institution. Unfortunately, PayPal is not able to reimburse you for the NSF fees assessed by your bank. Because the fees were not levied by PayPal, but by your bank, we encourage you to pursue this issue with your financial institution.

Again, Mr. Cunningham, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused. Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Sally
Executive Escalations
PayPal, an eBay Company

Looks like they want to do this the hard way. All these words and they still can't even explain WHY they did this. 'Effin' morons. Time to sic the lawyer on 'em.

:emperor

Last edited:
Get a load this crap... Paypal's B.S. response to my formal BB complaint:

Looks like they want to do this the hard way. All these words and they still can't even explain WHY they did this. 'Effin' morons. Time to sic the lawyer on 'em.

:emperor

Man, that is messed up. The reason I think they closed your account is because for some reason they think you are receiving money from fraudulent buyers and they don't want to get hit with chargebacks. I have no idea where they came to this conclusion though.

Man, that is messed up. The reason I think they closed your account is because for some reason they think you are receiving money from fraudulent buyers and they don't want to get hit with chargebacks. I have no idea where they came to this conclusion though.

That would be irrational, too... because all of the buyers were Verified and had solid histories too (Nash was one of them).

They just want to be a-holes is all. And I'll play right along with them. :maul

That would be irrational, too... because all of the buyers were Verified and had solid histories too (Nash was one of them).

They just want to be a-holes is all. And I'll play right along with them. :maul

Then the only logical conclusion I can come to is that Paypal hates the Irish.

Indeed. And another casualty is that I was screwed out of a Bly bust and McQuarrie print because I couldn't send Mark the money before the event. :monkey2

:emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor

The thing that I still don't understand about all is this is the WHY part.

Even with that long e-mail she sent you it still seems their answer is "Because we said so".

That may work when a parent uses it on a child, but not in a business relationship where your money is being held. I'd sue them too.

Back