Frankenstein bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really love the 1:1 size, and, I would hate to see the line shift scale at this point. Assuming more busts are forthcoming, I don't want a downsized Wolf Man, etc., next to my big boys. It would be cool to see some of the ancillary characters in smaller incarnations, but I want the headliners to remain life-size.

Onward: I had some free time this afternoon, and, as we all know, "Idle hands are the Devil's Photoshop."

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had some concerns about the narrow shoulders and the way jacket labels display with the bust, so, with good intentions and sincerest apologies to the creative team behind the bust, I transplanted the Dracula bust's shoulders onto the Monsters:

Then, I got to thinking: What if that bungling fool Fritz had not dropped the "Normal" brain? Maybe things would have ended up a bit better for the ol' Monster:

And finally, since I had the Dracula pic out, I thought I'd try an imagining of how Bela might have looked in Jack Pierce's makeup, in the 1931 Frankenstein. I know Bela eventually played the Monster, but as a much older man. Additionally, I doubt he would have suggested to Pierce that his eyes be partially covered by heavy eyelids as Karloff did:

FrankenFan said:
I really love the 1:1 size, and, I would hate to see the line shift scale at this point

I wasn't talking about scrapping the 1:1 line. If I were collecting the 1:1's and SS cancelled the line halfway through I'd be beside myself. Was simply wishing out loud about the possibility of a new, smaller line of busts for those who prefer something smaller, a little less expensive, while still losing none of the impressive attention to detail. After purchasing the LOTR legendary scale busts I know it is more than possible to attain all these objectives.

woodsy said:
I wasn't talking about scrapping the 1:1 line.
I didn't infer that you were, woodsy. You simply stated your preference for the smaller scale.

I'm always in favor of more UM product. I think Legendary Scale monsters could be very intriguing, especially by Sideshow's definition:

Introducing the Legendary Scale bust line! said:
Sideshow has designed the Legendary Scale bust line to encompass a wide variety of characters, from an assortment of properties, while maintaining complementary sizing within each property.

For characters who are similarly sized, Legendary Scale busts will be roughly the same mass and volume as one another, while large characters will be bigger than smaller characters.

With the new Legendary Scale format, there is no restriction to a strict scale such as 1:2 or 1:3, so that the most optimum scale and design can be utilized for each character.

Some pieces in this format may have a more traditional bust cut composition, while others may be more ambitious in their presentation, which may involve larger sections of the body including arms and props, etc.

Each Legendary Scale bust will utilize the best materials available to capture the character, including polystone, fibgerglass, metal, polyurethane, plastic, and sometimes even electronic features.
For instance, a character like the Metaluna Mutant, which would be insanely ginourmous in 1:1, would be much more manageable in Legendary Scale, and could "involve larger sections of the body including arms."

With the exception of the Monster from Bride, I doubt I would buy alternate versions of the same character, but, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the Monster from Son, Ghost, Meets the Wolf Man, and Abbott and Costello Meet, in Legendary Scale, to have likenesses of all the actors who played him.

Further, some characters that might be a hard sell in 1:1, like Gloria Holden from Dracula's Daughter, Karloff from The Black Cat, Lugosi from White Zombie, etc., might be feasible in Legendary Scale.

And, I like the idea of adding props: Ygor with his horn, Mord with his Axe at the grinder, Dr Pretorius with a jarred homunculi, the Phantom with removable mask — but! — not before the Phantom in 1:1!!! lots and lots of possibilities!

I just want the Magnificent Seven in 1:1: The Monster, Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Mummy (Ardeth is fine; bandaged Mummys in LS), The Phantom, The Invisible Man, and the Creature.

drprtrs.gif

FrankenFan said:
I didn't infer that you were, woodsy. You simply stated your preference for the smaller scale.

I'm always in favor of more UM product. I think Legendary Scale monsters could be very intriguing, especially by Sideshow's definition:

For instance, a character like the Metaluna Mutant, which would be insanely ginourmous in 1:1, would be much more manageable in Legendary Scale, and could "involve larger sections of the body including arms."

With the exception of the Monster from Bride, I doubt I would buy alternate versions of the same character, but, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the Monster from Son, Ghost, Meets the Wolf Man, and Abbott and Costello Meet, in Legendary Scale, to have likenesses of all the actors who played him.

Further, some characters that might be a hard sell in 1:1, like Gloria Holden from Dracula's Daughter, Karloff from The Black Cat, Lugosi from White Zombie, etc., might be feasible in Legendary Scale.

And, I like the idea of adding props: Ygor with his horn, Mord with his Axe at the grinder, Dr Pretorius with a jarred homunculi, the Phantom with removable mask — but! — not before the Phantom in 1:1!!! lots and lots of possibilities!

I just want the Magnificent Seven in 1:1: The Monster, Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Mummy (Ardeth is fine; bandaged Mummys in LS), The Phantom, The Invisible Man, and the Creature.

drprtrs.gif

Very true.
I also would like the big ones in 1:1, as Monster, Mummy and Dracula have been made, I'd add Wolfman, Nosferatu, Creature and Invisible Man.

But a Legendary line would be awesome to portrey some of the lesser known and the alternate versions !!

Vince said:
Very true.
I also would like the big ones in 1:1, as Monster, Mummy and Dracula have been made, I'd add Wolfman, Nosferatu, Creature and Invisible Man.

But a Legendary line would be awesome to portrey some of the lesser known and the alternate versions !!
A legendary version of The Red Death Phantom would be great, since I doubt we would get a 1:1 version. I would buy either version if they made it though.

I have to say, I truly love this bust but I wish it had been in SSE!

The only busts I will collect in lifesize are the Ardeth Bey SSE, Frankenstein SSE, The Mummy (in wrap) SSE. :D

Last edited:
FrankenFan said:
I really love the 1:1 size, and, I would hate to see the line shift scale at this point. Assuming more busts are forthcoming, I don't want a downsized Wolf Man, etc., next to my big boys. It would be cool to see some of the ancillary characters in smaller incarnations, but I want the headliners to remain life-size.

Onward: I had some free time this afternoon, and, as we all know, "Idle hands are the Devil's Photoshop."

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had some concerns about the narrow shoulders and the way jacket labels display with the bust, so, with good intentions and sincerest apologies to the creative team behind the bust, I transplanted the Dracula bust's shoulders onto the Monsters:

https://imageshack.us ...

https://imageshack.us

Now that looks 100% better!!! It gives the bust more "presence" and the scale looks better for some reason! I know it is probably way too late to fix, but Sideshow, if you are listening, please widen his shoulders!!!

Love the tux-ed Frank... reminded me of Young Frankenstein... but classier!!! :rotfl

Absolutely, Lonnie! I think the widened shoulders definitely enhances his carriage and bearing, and makes the portrait much more imposing.

I realize the Monster is wearing one of Henry's cast-off suits, but, as he stands now, he just looks so... shabby.

I will be very disappointed if we don't see some revisions in this piece.

lcummins said:
Now that looks 100% better!!! It gives the bust more "presence" and the scale looks better for some reason! I know it is probably way too late to fix, but Sideshow, if you are listening, please widen his shoulders!!!

I have to agree. I am waiting to order this one until I see it in person. These things are entirely too costly to buy from a picture. So, I will wait and look at the online, non pro pics and check out my dealer buddy. Its a terrific sculpt, but the widening of the shoulders is a must. Even though it has as much chance of happening as getting a cape and medallion.

I really loved Ardath from the Mummy 1:1 bust. Dracula...not so much. Frankenstein looks good, but if the shoulders matched the collars...it would be as good as Ardath. Fantastic sculpt imho.

The Monster said:
I have to say, I truly love this bust but I wish it had been in SSE!

The only busts I will collect in lifesize are the Ardeth Bey SSE, Frankenstein SSE, The Mummy (in wrap) SSE. :D
In a few months, you should have your wish.

Back