Frank Frazetta's Dracula Meets the Wolfman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snyder-man

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

We just received our comps for our paint work on this project for ReelArt Studio. This statue is based on the work of Frank Frazetta and is currently available from www.reelartstudios.com

DraculaMeetstheWolfmanPainting.jpg

FrazettasDraculaVsTheWolfmanrevampe.jpg

DraculaMeetstheWolfman01-1.jpg

DraculaMeetstheWolfman07-1.jpg

DraculaMeetstheWolfman08-1.jpg

DraculaMeetstheWolfman03-1.jpg

That is a great looking piece... I love how well the colors and placement match the original.

Dracula always seems to come out on the losing end when he fights a werewolf.
I seem to remember Bela being scared of the Wolfman in Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein.
Is there any folklore history to vampires being afraid of werewolves?

Dracula always seems to come out on the losing end when he fights a werewolf.
I seem to remember Bela being scared of the Wolfman in Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein.
Is there any folklore history to vampires being afraid of werewolves?

I think the whole "Vampires wanna dominate Werewolves, but werewolves are too unpredictable and will turn on them" rule started with "Return of the Vampire" in 1944 with Bela Lugosi.

In it, Lugosi has a talking werewolf servant (yes~he talks), who can more or less change at will or when endangered/angered(like the Hulk). He breaks free of the vampires control and kills him at the end of the film saving the damsel in distress. This was neatly lifted for the Abbott and Costello routine, making Talbot the good guy and his hatred for Dracula remaining.

It was then carried to "The Monster Squad", in which the Wolfman in that film detested being a part of Dracula's plan, and once he went back to being human~ he called the police. Dracula controlled him when he was human with narcotics. When he was bestial he had a silver handled cane (presumably the one from "The Wolfman" since this is a tribute film) that kept him in line. But the Wolfman in that film hated Dracula and wanted to wreck his plans.

From there on out it has been a Werewolves hate vampires and vice versa all the way.... to the premise being brought to a head in the Underworld films. Now you know--and knowing is half the battle.:peace

Thanks for clearing that up for me Dr. Phibes.

I don't think I ever saw "Return of the Vampire". I'm gonna have to check it out now.

I saw "Monster Squad" only once a loooooong time ago. I remember it having great makeup effects. Does it hold up as anything worth seeing other than that?

Thanks for clearing that up for me Dr. Phibes.

I don't think I ever saw "Return of the Vampire". I'm gonna have to check it out now.

I saw "Monster Squad" only once a loooooong time ago. I remember it having great makeup effects. Does it hold up as anything worth seeing other than that?

It is revered as one of the edgiest "kids" films ever made. The effects are great, as are the costumes and make ups. Its a nice love letter to the Universal and Hammer classics. You can find the dvd at Wal Mart for $13.:hi5:

Awesome statue...i have it on pre-order. Glad we're finally getting it...but it is a shame the piece has been delayed as much as it has. I'm very happy to add it to my ever-growing Frazetta statue collection. I'm dying to see some new in-hands pics of this piece that i've haven't seen before. Someone on StatueForum took some col in-hands of the piece next to the other Frazetta sculpts...the size is quite impressive for a 1/8 scale sculpt. larger that i thought it would be.

I'm also excited for the upcoming Death Dealer statue and the Silver Warrior

Back