Found one! Bespin Han exclusive on auction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, want to get back at the scalpers? Make a new Ebay account, then make an outragous bid on their order, then just don't to anything. Either the auction will be canceled or it will be finished and they will have a large bill to pay for an auction that you weren't going to pay them for anyway.:naughty

darthviper107 said:
Hey, want to get back at the scalpers? Make a new Ebay account, then make an outragous bid on their order, then just don't to anything. Either the auction will be canceled or it will be finished and they will have a large bill to pay for an auction that you weren't going to pay them for anyway.:naughty

Shady. Very shady.:nono

No less shady than trying to sell something that doesn't really exist yet (the figures aren't produced yet).

BTW, did anyone notice that Han is supposed to be shipped in the 2nd Quarter this year? Kind of strange, but at least we'll know that Kit Fisto will be shipped earlier than the end of June.

darthviper107 said:

That's pretty creative and funny!

But breaking the rules in order to get back at somebody for breaking the rules is kind of a double standard. We don't want to be hypocrites and abuse eBay ourselves--then we'd be just like them. (But without all the scalping revenue.)

tomandshell said:
Well, Sideshow limits you to one item per person/account/credit card/billing address/shipping address/e-mail address, and selling preorders violates eBay policy, so these people are breaking multiple rules. You can at least fault them for that, if nothing else.

Somebody who wants to sell their one figure after they have paid for it or received it is more than welcome to do so. Scalping multiple preorders months in advance of the shipping/payment date, and in violation of eBay and Sideshow policy, is inappropriate and wrong. I feel justified in my opposition to people like this.

Oh, dear. Not again! LOL
well said, tom, I agree with you 100%.:cool: how can they sell something that they don't even have it.:rolleyes:

HMMM, selling something you don't have yet. That sounds like the definition of a pre-order. I have no problem with people selling their products on eBay. Would there be a problem if I sold my Exclusive Han on eBay and some idiot paid $150 for it? It is not against any rules to sell a pre-ordered item on eBay. You must clearly state that the item is a pre-order and the buyer has the right to cancel the transaction if the item hasn't shipped in 30 days from the close of auction. I do however have a problem with people selling 5 of an item that has a limit of one or two. Those are the people that you need to go after and those are the people that SS seems to be doing a good job of catching. And that's why you get on the wait list for when those people are caught and there other orders cancelled. eBay should be thought of as a last resort and only used once the item has started shipping or is close to shipping.

Its funny that people care so much. But this best to happen for collectors and SS, is that these items sell "high" on ebay. Its a good thing when a 12 inch figure sells for $500.00.

To get around this sellers can write "free 12 inch Aragorn with purchase of a plastic fork" or whatever. I just wrote this on a different topic.

wetayourself said:
hmm.... high & horse.
Come on, everyone breaks the odd rule & i'm sure your no different:angelsmil

Of course I'm no different! I apologize if I sounded arrogant or superior. That was not my intent, as I am certainly not perfect and don't want to make myself sound that way. I mess up as much as the next guy. But I'm talking about, in general, people trying to follow the rules. Nobody's perfect! But I try not to go out of my way to break them at other people's expense, that's all. It's a matter of respect. (I should mention that I was raised by two people who work in law enforcement!! So that explains a lot!)

I think we should all try to respect our fellow human beings enough to follow the rules that might negatively impact other people when we break them. Scalping may or may not qualify--who does it really hurt? That depends upon your point of view.

Now, let's get back to speculating about all the new Toy Fair items!! The board should be a fun place right now, and I don't want my frustration with scalpers to spoil the mood. Sorry! :eek:

There is no reason to bash Ebay or sellers for any product that was branded as "Limited Edition" or "Exclusive Edition" to begin with. Sideshow creates this problem themselves by purposely creating a limited supply of their products. If they created enough for everyone who wants one to get then there would be no issue to begin with, so it's really Sideshow you should blame, not the Ebay sellers.

Here are some Examples:

1st Balrog, limited to 1000 pieces, goes from $300 retail to $2000+ on Ebay.
2nd Balrog, unlimited edition, goes from $150 retail to $90 on Ebay.

You could argue about the presence of the first one over the second but since both are products of Sideshow and both are of similar quality and the same character I would expect their "market" prices to behave in a similar fashion, but instead the Unlimited balrog statue ensured that every collector who wanted one had ample time to get it, and thus there was no secondary market, even a year later it goes for barely 50% of it's original price.

1st GG Vader bust, limited to 3500ish, retailed for $45 goes regularly for $200-300
2nd GG Vader bust, limited to 20000, retailed for $45 goes for $21-25 on ebay

Both are of basically identical crafstmanship, size, and quality. You may call the second one a poll-dancer but there isn't anything particularly strange about him (unlike the full-size GG statue which just looks strange) and again we see the difference between 400% and 50% of original value

Can you honestly say that you feel better because the Bespin Exclusive Han has a mynock refridgerator magnet? Or the Exclusive Jedi Luke has an extra blaster? Do you even intend to have Luke holding the blaster when he's posed on the shelf, or are you much more likely to keep it in the box and have him using his lightsaber?

In fact, the entire practice of creating packaging with completely transparent windows to allow you to view it without touching is designed to feed the secondary market. Why else would we have these fancy fold-out boxes that allows you to showcase your figure without ever opening the box?

As long as Sideshow is purposely limiting the quantities of their products they are directly encouraging the secondary market. If they wanted to shut down Ebay sellers all they have to do is make as many of them as people want. But they know their customers WANT to buy things that only they can have, and those customers WANT the prices to go up on Ebay so they can feel like the plastic doll they just bought has an intrinsic value. So stop with the scalper bashing already - they are only making your collection more valuable.

wetayourself said:
the worst rule breakers :peace

I beg your pardon, I happen to work in Law Enforcement and I dare say we arrest some of the worst rule breakers you can imagine, very rarely are they employed in Law Enforcement. Thanks for the insult. :peace

JohnyBoo said:
I beg your pardon, I happen to work in Law Enforcement and I dare say we arrest some of the worst rule breakers you can imagine, very rarely are they employed in Law Enforcement. Thanks for the insult. :peace

I am in law enforcement too..theres good and bad in every field,but that was low blow weta......:peace

But anyway like tom said,back to Toy Fair:D

Back