Forrest Ackerman very ill

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A gentleman by the name of Robert is following the story very closely via FJA's personal assistant Joe Moe. Forry is in no pain and resting comfortably, but it is now only a matter of time. Forry's spirits are high but he himself has tried to brace us for the fact that he isn't going to get better this time. Its terrible. the man is an institution. Check Universal Monster Army's website for accurate up to the date info. regarding Forry or Classic Horror forums.

I had the great good fortune of sharing an hour or 2(and a meal) with Forry at Noreascon 2 in Boston in 1980. He was gracious, friendly and willing to entertain ALL of my marginally dumb questions.He had that ability to make you feel like you'd known him all your life(of course, as a long time FM reader, I kinda did). He even posed for a picture with me. Truly a great man...PS

This has me do depressed right now I cannot stand it. I talked to Forry on the phone once, and it was he who was responsible for connecting me to my three year "pen palling" (and one time phone greeting) relationship with the late Vincent Price. I can't stand it. But at least he's in a better world than this one.:monkey2:monkey3

Extraordinarily sad. I was fortunate enough to listen to Forry speak at Comic Con a few years ago. Such a great asset to our culture is lost.

:(

Back