For those of you who watch the UFC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Caedus

Formerly Congerking
Reaction score
Probably, one of the greatest upset victories happened last night with Matt Serra just pulverizing Georges St. Pierre. I for one, didn't think that Serra had a chance in hell, but he pulled off the victory. Was anybody else surprised of his victory?

I didn't see it, but I read about it and am beyond shocked. You just never know with the UFC...it can change SO fast...one slip up and your doomed.

:horror holy ****, youre kidding.
news to me.
As most thoughtm I figured he had more or less no chance.

cant wait for the Tito Ortiz / Dana White fight on Spike this week.

:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

Holy ****!!!!!

I had no idea, NEVER would have that Serra had it in him.

WOW!!!

I wonder if its gonna be Serra vs. Huges next??

King Darkness said:
:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

Holy ****!!!!!

I had no idea, NEVER would have that Serra had it in him.

WOW!!!

I wonder if its gonna be Serra vs. Huges next??

Hughes was in the crowd cheering like a cheerleader at a high school football game. He looked pretty happy. I know that BJ Penn beat Serra and Hughes beat BJ Penn, so he seemed happy. I feel bad, cause hughes is such as a$$ and St. Pierre was like the nicest guy in the world. Oh well, at least the Welterweight division is finally pretty strong.

congerking said:
I feel bad, cause hughes is such as a$$ and St. Pierre was like the nicest guy in the world.
yup. I agree.

So Tito pulled from the Dana White fight? wtf? why?
would explain the zero hype on the show about it though.

althoiugh I did see awful pics of Tito's gf Jenna.
She went form hot to not quick!

With the combination of Pride and UFC, will we see Rampage vs. Tito?? :monkey1

TOE said:
With the combination of Pride and UFC, will we see Rampage vs. Tito?? :monkey1

There wasn't a combination of Pride and UFC, Dana White signed Rampage to a, I think, 5 fight deal. As of right now Rampage is no longer a part of Pride.

As for Rampage vs Tito, thats gonna depend heavily on the outcome of Rampage Liddell.

I for one don't see Liddell losing to Rampage, Chuck has lost 3 fights in his career, Jeremy Horn, Randy Couture , and Rampage. Chuck came back and whipped ass on Horn and Couture, all thats left is Rampage.

When Chuck lost to Rampage he was a a much different time in his career, right now he is at the tip top of his game.

I see him crushing Rampage, then he HAS to fight Wanderli Silva.

Tito, for now, I think is out of title contention. Chucks beat him twice and there are others out there that should get a shot, not Tito.

A was under the impression UFC made it a point to buy up competition quick, kinda like WWE. You onw all the talent you will always pull the best card. Sadley alot of times that means some of mid card fighter's or amaturs have to compete in a much bigger sea.

Go Serra! I love that guy. But I'm a huge GSt.P fan also, who am I kidding I just don't like Hughes lol

Guess like it has been said ~ anything can happen. I have to find a copy of this fight now.

As for George, I bet he isn't worried about the loss at all. He seems like a great guy and competitor and still Pwned Hughes no matter what else happens :D

Hughes is the man, im thrilled St. Pierre got knocked on his ass.

DOnt forget that Hughes also "pwned" st. pierre as well, so that topic is null and void.

nash said:
Hughes is the man, im thrilled St. Pierre got knocked on his ass.

DOnt forget that Hughes also "pwned" st. pierre as well, so that topic is null and void.

ahhhh, A hughes fan, I'm so sorry for you nash. you are a superman fan, but even that won't save you for liking matt hughes. you must realize one of two things: 1) I'm right and 2) hughes doesn't deserve that title.

hehhe

why exactly doesn't Hughes deserve the title? He's pretty much demolished people in his class. Held the title for a long time, and is going to do so again real soon.

St. Pierre couldnt even hold on to the title for one fight :rotfl:rotfl

nash said:
hehhe

why exactly doesn't Hughes deserve the title? He's pretty much demolished people in his class. Held the title for a long time, and is going to do so again real soon.

St. Pierre couldnt even hold on to the title for one fight :rotfl:rotfl

:mwaha:mwaha I will give you that, Hughes did have the title for quite a long time. But the welterweight class has probably been the weakest weight in the UFC. Now, they are starting to get great fighters for the class and there won't be a champion that long from now on. I suppose I don't think Hughes shouldn't have the title because I just hate him as a person so much, I just want to jump into my TV and beat the crap out him. I really do hope that the Hughes/St. Pierre/Serra/BJ Penn four-way is great for the upcoming UFC fights, the welterweight class is now one of my favorites

As much as I love martial arts and MMA, I dont have the time anymore to read the magazines or to keep up with fighters outside of the octagon. What exactly makes Hughes such a bad person? His persona in the octagon? Hell, Ive seen boxers that were 10 times worse, and don't even tell me TIto is a better person than Hughes lol.

Imo, Hughes has proven himself repeatedly, and the welterweight class is one of the most competetive. He's put down all the big names in his class, including a legend in Gracie. I dont really see what he has to prove any more, the simple fact why he lost to St. Pierre is he got bored and wanted to go toe to toe. Something out of his game plan. He's a great striker, but let's face it, Hughes makes his money off of putting you against the fence on your back and grounding and pounding you.

Bottom line, Hughes is a class act whethere it be in victory or in defeat. He's never once blamed anyone but himself when he lost, even to BJ Penn or to St. Pierre. And he's always been a good sport in victory as well. So i just dont see your guys argument.

Back