For the love of Qui Gon Jin! What gives??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Personally I wouldn't have expected a premium format Qui Gon from SS.

What?! I think Qui-Gon is absolutely essential. He is basically the "main character" of Episode I. He certainly has more screen time in the PT than Dooku, Maul, Grievous, Jango Fett, and others who many people want a 1/4 version of.

I hope that if they want to do 25 pieces, that at least 10 are from the PT.

My 10 from the PT would be:

1. Qui-Gon
2. Obi-Wan (Ep. 3)
3. Anakin (Ep. 3)
4. Darth Maul
5. Dooku
6. Grievous
7. Padme
8. Ep. 2 Clone
9. Ep. 3 Clone
10. Mace Windu

I didn't include Sidious, since I would rather have an Ep. VI Emperor, and I don't need 2 of him. He just has robes anyway.

I usually find the girls like Padme and Ep. IV Leia to be slightly boring, but I guess Padme "must" be made. Aayla Secura, would be a much more visually interesting female figure, IMO, but she's really not important to the story.

The hardest to leave off the list for me was the Battle Droid, but I really want a Mace figure with light-up purple saber. :rock

1. Anakin Ep. 3
2. Maul
3. Obi Ep. 3
4. Obi Ep. 1
5. Jango
6. Mace
7. Yoda
8. Qui Gon
9. Greivous
10. Ep. 2 and 3 clones with MANY variants, even though all I really want is a camo scout trooper from Ep. 3, and maybe a shock trooper. Don't really care if Dooku is made one way or the other.

re

Prequel musts:

Battle droid
Maul (Tatooine or Theed)...don't care
Qui-Gon
Obi-Wan
Anakin (Mustafar)
Amidala (Theed Palace)
Threepio (Eps 1, 2 & 3)...the 'evolution thing'
Yoda
Clone troopers (2 & 3)...inc. commander(s)
Mace
Jango
Maybe another Jedi Council member, preferably Ki-Adi-Mundi or Plo Koon.

Attachments

• be0900_fd48e212e4ad475797987625c359a0b1.jpg_srz_p_567_378_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz.jpg
    be0900_fd48e212e4ad475797987625c359a0b1.jpg_srz_p_567_378_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 97,981

They could always go the Elektra route with the Clone Troopers and have the exclusive and regular editions be different colors.

Nice pics guys!

PLEASE Sideshow, make a set of all three "Duel of the Fates" characters!

1/4 Maul, Qui-Gon, and Kenobi would be a must have for me.

I would even accept just Maul and Qui-Gon. ;)

I would love a set of all three in 1/4 scale. While I prefer the Episode II Obi-Wan, the youngest possible McGregor Kenobi might put some space between this one and the Guinness Obi-Wan 1/4 figure. The trick would be posing each of the three to be in battle with each other, yet to have each one look cool on its own for those who don't have the whole set. These three would make me very happy.

Don't get me wrong Elwood, I'm not saying he doesn't warrant one, I just didn't expect to see it made. With the 12" line pending I would imagine SS will be quite selective about who gets done in premium format.

Exclusive with a hole in the chest? :lol :lol :lol

After hearing the Vader fisherman comments, I shudder to think about batterup Qui Gonwith his saber held like he's waiting for a good pitch. That pose could go either way - look really good or pretty bad.

As far as the duel of teh fates trio, I could have sworn I heard someone from sideshow say there would only be one premium format per charactor. So that would mean no young Obi Wan. I could absolutely be utterly mistaken on that though. Perhaps someone from Sideshow could confirm or deny?

I could have sworn I heard someone from sideshow say there would only be one premium format per charactor. So that would mean no young Obi Wan. I could absolutely be utterly mistaken on that though.

Since they have already discussed the possibility of a Dagobah Luke with Yoda on his back in the 1/4 scale, I don't think that "the one figure per character" rule stands.

re

IMO, whoever spread the news around that only 25 would be made should be tarred and feathered. :evil Utter lunacy to set restrictions on which character should or should not be made. SSW did that back when they published a comprehensive array of products for LOTR...and now look where it got them.

What is so wrong with the 'go with the flow' attitude of waiting and seeing? That's what makes these conventions so highly anticipated: the uncertainty and the hype.

IIRC, the SS interview with Jedi Defender said that Qui-Gon was a high probability for the 1/4 PF format. I agree though, we need a high-end statue of him to go along with the MR saber coming next year.
I like the PT list I see too, but I gotta go with at least one female Jedi since we don't have any high-end statue's of'em. My first choice would be Aayla Secura, but Shaak Ti would be awesome too.

Mini,

I seriously doubt there will be a female 1/4 Jedi made.

There are just too many other characters that deserve a 1/4 piece before them.

As a matter of fact Mini, I will BUY YOU the 1/4 female Jedi if Sideshow does make one!!

It's not happening.

Since they have already discussed the possibility of a Dagobah Luke with Yoda on his back in the 1/4 scale, I don't think that "the one figure per character" rule stands.

That is excellent news - I had not heard that. Thanks.

Whether there are more deserving character's to be made is only opinion. I still remain hopeful that SS will make one in 1/4 format, and if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen; but, you can bet I'll hold you to your comment. ;) :D

Attachments

• IM 1.jpg
    IM 1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 100,720
  • IM 2.jpg
    IM 2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 4,211
  • IM 3.jpg
    IM 3.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 6,023
  • IM 4.jpg
    IM 4.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 4,003
  • IM 5.jpg
    IM 5.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 7,162
  • IM 6.jpg
    IM 6.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 5,501
  • IM 7.jpg
    IM 7.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 4,295
  • IM 8.jpg
    IM 8.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 16,058
  • IM 9.jpg
    IM 9.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 3,127
  • IM 11.jpg
    IM 11.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,898

Maybe at some point SS will hold a survey for a PF of a non-main character. That'd be the best way to determine the popularity of a second-tier character to see if it's worth making. I guarantee one of the Jedis or bounty hunters would probably win.

Maybe at some point SS will hold a survey for a PF of a non-main character. That'd be the best way to determine the popularity of a second-tier character to see if it's worth making. I guarantee one of the Jedis or bounty hunters would probably win.

If they did, we should all vote for Aayla Secura just so Gruson would have to buy one for Mini. :lol

Maybe he can sweeten the deal and offer to buy it for each of us should she get made. How about it, Jeff? ;)

Top Ten PT 12" figures

Top ten 1/6 PT figures to be made (no particular order):

1. Qui-Gon with robes, lightsaber, comlink, holograph of ship, Exclusive Poncho.
2. Darth Maul with cloak, lighsaber (divides in half), wrist com, Exclusive Probe droid.
3. Count Dooku with lightsaber, cape, death star plans, force lightning, Exclusive removable head and hands.
4. Darth Sidious with cloak, lightsaber, force lightining, cane, Exclusive additional non-deformed head.
5. Jango Fett with blasters, 2 jetpacks, dart, grappling hook, flames, Exclusive removable head and addtional dented helmet.
6. Mace Windu with robes, lightsaber, attachable force lightning, Exclusive removable hand.
7. Ep. III Anakin Skywalker with robes, addtional robotic hand, lightsaber, Exclusive additional Sith eyes head.
8. Ep III Obi-Wan with robes, lightsaber, Anakin's hilt, Exclusive baby Luke.
9. Yoda with robes, cane, lightsaber, force lightning rebound, Exclusive hover chair OR Baby Leia (if Bail isn't made).
10. Ep. III 501st Clone Trooper (since no white ones were seen) with blaster, rifle, Exclusive site markings (shockrooper, Utapu, etc.).

* Gen. Grevious not included due to complex new body that would have to be made, nearly impossible for Sideshow without him being $$$!

Back