(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I broke down and ordered one. But yeah if its ****ed up I am sending it back.

You know Adlibris will be getting these? Should be about the same price if you factor in shipping from UK.

Never heard of them but i just checked and Amazon will be slightly cheaper. And a few months ago it was £50 cheaper so i expect Amazon to drop it back down again hopefully soon. They can be really annoying with their prices sometimes.

Brandon Alinger posts on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brandon.alinger/posts/10102838791002055?pnref=story

"Yesterday we received the first advance copy of the upcoming Abrams publication Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie, co-authored by myself, David Mandel, and Wade Lageose and due for release September 27. We spent more than 18 months working on the two-volume, 800-page set, which includes all known Star Wars art by Ralph McQuarrie. The vast majority of the artwork was re-scanned or re-photographed for the book, and it really shows in the large-format presentation. Having it in hand is a real treat, having invested so much time into it, and we know McQuarrie fans and fans of the making of the films will love it—a weighty 21.5 pounds of McQuarrie brilliance."

Amazing! Thank you for posting jkno! Glad I have this on order.

The last time I ordered a large book like this from Amazon, it was the Star Wars Blueprints book (regular version) which included its own protective shipping box within the Amazon box. I've received a few higher ended books packed out like this. Let's hope this publisher is taking the same precautions. I would expect so for a book of this price and quality.

Never heard of them but i just checked and Amazon will be slightly cheaper. And a few months ago it was £50 cheaper so i expect Amazon to drop it back down again hopefully soon. They can be really annoying with their prices sometimes.

I'll keep my eye out for that price drop then. :)

That post from jkno says it's a 2 volume set. FP are advertising a 3 volume set. What's that all about?
https://forbiddenplanet.com/160398-star-wars-art-ralph-mcquarrie-hardcover/

02c04a751cef5f27132d0b3a0c447bcf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

21.5 lbs!?!? Gotdamn! You can enjoy McQuarrie's fine art and bludgeon an intruder to death, well worth $200. :lecture

Aww, dammit jkno! That looks awesome!

Which means I'm gonna have to get it!

Woah! That looks awesome!

Glad you like it, seems it will be a superb book. I'm kinda sure the price will come down after being available. wish I had a way to get it signed by the authors. Brandon Alinger also wrote the Star Wars Costumes book being involved with screen used props, so he knows his stuff

51-ytwMTnJL._SX472_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

BTW no rep for such a good post though? :p

Howdy guys!! I wanted to share this with you, earlier this year ILM along with ArtStation organized a concept art design challenge open to artist from all over the globe.
I entered but didn't make the cut... They are finally allowing us to share this art, I am really happy with the results but definitely need to improve because the art that made it to the finals is absolutely insane!
This fight would probably last seconds, still an interesting concept! Hehe!

75dc7bb4834c684573f78b98ceb5fc2f.jpg

Back