(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is anyone here going to SDCC? I'm toying with the idea of going and wanting to see who all will be there that I can hang with.

I wanted to go, but couldn't get a ticket for the fourth year in a row.

At least for the weekend when I coulda made it. Frances was very nice to help me out.

I'd really like to go as I'd like to get a commission from David Petersen and he only does them at cons. :(

I wanted to go, but couldn't get a ticket for the fourth year in a row.

At least for the weekend when I coulda made it. Frances was very nice to help me out.

I'd really like to go as I'd like to get a commission from David Petersen and he only does them at cons. :(
I have stopped trying. I miss it at times but it's just not worth the troubles anymore.

it just does not look like that much fun anymore......

Like going to Disneyworld during Christmas.....

I have become averse to crowds .......I tolerated it in Japan only because everyone there was respectful.

At such a huge Con with all the weirdos about......just dosent sound like a good time anymore.

Maybe with a group of people.

it just does not look like that much fun anymore......

Like going to Disneyworld during Christmas.....

I have become averse to crowds .......I tolerated it in Japan only because everyone there was respectful.

At such a huge Con with all the weirdos about......just dosent sound like a good time anymore.

Maybe with a group of people.

Waller is that you ???? :dunno:

So is anyone here going to SDCC? I'm toying with the idea of going and wanting to see who all will be there that I can hang with.

I wish. The days of actually having a chance to go have come and gone for me. Thankfully NYCC has stepped up a bit so I can get at least some bit of the experience.

I'd like to go at least once just to say I did, but honestly it sounds like it'd be more hassle than it's really worth.

OK... Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I can't find where would be better to do so...

This is to any of the members here based in the UK and Europe. Would you recommend pre-ordering from Sideshowtoy.com even with the import duty etc? As I'm just starting out there are quite a few figures that are either just out or due for release in the next 8 months or so so using the payment instalment option is attractive to me but I'm happy to take advice from regulars and how they do it. There's the five SS Bounty Hunters, Han Stormie, AT-AT Driver and Hoth Trooper that I'm interested in. I might just pick up 4-Lom now as it's available for £209 in the UK... Maybe then just pick up Bossk at retail when it hits stores in a month or two but most places are showing as sold out.

Cheers in advance and feel free to kick me in the right direction if this should be elsewhere.

Most of the people I know who've gone to SDCC have said it's more of a headache than anything else, more complaints than anything else with spurts of coolness but that being said I'm dying to go once just to say I went. The thing is I need the kids to be a smidge older so I can leave them in a grandma because I don't want to take them and a lot of funny money to really have a good time, it's like planning for Vegas :lol

OK... Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I can't find where would be better to do so...

This is to any of the members here based in the UK and Europe. Would you recommend pre-ordering from Sideshowtoy.com even with the import duty etc? As I'm just starting out there are quite a few figures that are either just out or due for release in the next 8 months or so so using the payment instalment option is attractive to me but I'm happy to take advice from regulars and how they do it. There's the five SS Bounty Hunters, Han Stormie, AT-AT Driver and Hoth Trooper that I'm interested in. I might just pick up 4-Lom now as it's available for £209 in the UK... Maybe then just pick up Bossk at retail when it hits stores in a month or two but most places are showing as sold out.

Cheers in advance and feel free to kick me in the right direction if this should be elsewhere.
I'm from Sweden and I've found the best thing is to compare the price of each figure at SS (adding shipping and customs) to the local price you can get. If the price after adding shipping and customs duty is the same I usually go with SS since you get reward points. Another factor is that SS usually ships international orders directly from HK, which in my case means I get the figure 3 months earlier than if I waited for my local stores.

But like I said, it pays to look at each figure. I got IG-88 locally much cheaper than at SS, but the E-Web Cannon was alot cheaper to get from SS directly.

I just used my $50 off coupon for Dengar... and it allowed me to keep the free shipping as well. Now I won't be surprised if they catch that and charge me for shipping later on, but for now I'm going to choose to believe I saved $50, will get $9.50 back in RP and got it shipped for free :duff

I gotta use that coupon soon, I'm waffling between so many choices that Im going to end up letting it expire.

Most of the people I know who've gone to SDCC have said it's more of a headache than anything else, more complaints than anything else with spurts of coolness but that being said I'm dying to go once just to say I went. The thing is I need the kids to be a smidge older so I can leave them in a grandma because I don't want to take them and a lot of funny money to really have a good time, it's like planning for Vegas :lol
The problem for me is getting tickets. Once there it has its moments of why I am doing this again but over all is fun. But going for EX is just a headache, trying to go to all the big panels can be a headache. I blame Twilight, that's when **** went downhill.

Looking for a bit of advice, and I know everyone that knows anything about SW collectibles hangs in here.
Apart from Brian's Toys or Evilbay (would love a simple person to person transaction), where is the best place to sell AFA graded and sealed - carded vintage SW figures. I was gonna ask Irishjedi but well.. :rotfl
I have about 6 great figures (vader 12 back, Luke, r2, 3po 24 back etc etc). I sell a lot of 1/6 stuff on SSf but never attempted vintage, good idea? bad idea?
:duff

Back