(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rogue One is AMAZING! :rock

Finally, tonight's the night!

I've managed to stay spoiler-free somehow -- except for some minor lines and phrases dropped by careless forum members, who were all loose-y and goose-y with the spoilers. Nothing too serious and I'm on the board at my own risk post-opening anyway.

Looking forward to finally seeing some OT-era action! Staff Xmas party first so I may get there half-cut. :lol

For those that have seen the 3D version of RO, is it worth it? I'm going again this week and am wondering if the 3D is worth it.

The first 2/3 of the movie it was pretty useless. The last part had a few great 3D parts but I wouldn't say it's worth it on a second viewing.

To me, 3D is just a gimmick meant to shoot up tickets prices. Been to one showing in 3D and left midway thru the movie. I just can't stand it. had to travel 120kms to find a 2D showing near me... which prevent me to attend another one until theaters in my area decide to downgrade to 2D in the coming weeks.

My first showing of TFA was in 3D and the 3D moments in that were so subtle that there was pretty much no difference. I went to see this one in 2D for that reason. I don't even enjoy 3D anyway.

The first 2/3 of the movie it was pretty useless. The last part had a few great 3D parts but I wouldn't say it's worth it on a second viewing.

The battle scenes at the end were awesome in 3D, but the rest of the movie didn't really benefit from it.

I figured the final act might look good in 3D, but that's not enough for me to watch the whole thing in 3D.

To me, 3D is just a gimmick meant to shoot up tickets prices. Been to one showing in 3D and left midway thru the movie. I just can't stand it. had to travel 120kms to find a 2D showing near me... which prevent me to attend another one until theaters in my area decide to downgrade to 2D in the coming weeks.

My first showing of TFA was in 3D and the 3D moments in that were so subtle that there was pretty much no difference. I went to see this one in 2D for that reason. I don't even enjoy 3D anyway.

I agree. Never been a fan of 3D. Personally, I just don't think the tech is fully there yet.

Rouge One was great. Easily my favorite modern SW. Not real complaints. Cool few cameos. None of the modern ones will ever surpass the originals mostly because so much nostalgia and love for those but Rouge one came really close.

As for 3d I ah email only seen one move that was amazing in 3d. Dr Strange that was a movie made for 3d when they start to bend the world.

The cameos were cool but the
Spoiler Spoiler:
cameo felt very forced and was quite obnoxious in my opinion.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Spoiler Spoiler:

Very cool. Didn't even see that. Going to have to keep an eye out next time.

Any theaters have exclusive rogue items for sale?
I got an awesome hoodie before TFA
I said hoodie
If you buy a ticket from Atom Tickets, you can buy an exclusive T-shirt, hoodie, or collector's ticket (which is limited to 500, but costs $20)

Yeah, one major cringeworthy part for me... one line of the movie... ugh.
Oddly enough the "I rebel" line wasn't in the movie I noticed.
Ya, Ira Bell wasn't in the film...

Pretty cool article about all he shots from the trailers that weren't in the final movie.

https://www.inverse.com/article/25246-rogue-one-trailer-scenes-missing-from-final-film-star-wars
Nice. I was hoping to find something like that.

Catalyst is great. It'll make the film better, at least in my opinion.
I need to read (rather, listen) to that...

For those that have seen the 3D version of RO, is it worth it? I'm going again this week and am wondering if the 3D is worth it.
Like others have stated, the 3D doesn't get good until Scarif. I do believe the 3D on the IMAX screen was better than Real3D, but I can't really recommend this in 3D. Until the BD comes out, of course. 3D always looks better at home... TFA sure does!!! :lecture

Spoiler Spoiler:
I agree. But it didn't bother me, the way they did it.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Aliaz listed some, but I'll elaborate.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I saw it 3 times so far. Real3D on Thursday night, 2D on Friday night, and IMAX 3D today. Each time, I saw something new. I thoroughly enjoyed this film. I liked it better than TFA. I do like TFA, but it didn't meet my expectations, and had some hokey moments. Rogue One flowed better. It had no hokey moments IMO, and was non-stop excitement. It met or exceeded my expectations. I cannot imagine any of the other standalone films being this good.
The only thing that bothered me, and I am intentionally not spoiler tagging this, is the Rogue One logo at the beginning of the film. They didn't use the logo from the posters. They made a very generic looking title. There was nothing Star Wars looking about it. I didn't like that at all...

Back