(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need to stop calling it a "Comic Con". It hasn't been for a decade or more. I think we're going to see a decline with the over saturation of these events.

I know first hand that they're trying to crack down on the attendance. A friend of mine had a badge and couldn't go so he asked me to sell his badge. SDCC had eBay take the auction down then a week later they won one of my auctions but didn't pay in a stupidly obvious attempt to get my personal information.

Well NYCC has gone close to this as well to reduce scalping of tickets via their fan verification process.

"Fans" interested in going, must complete a email verification process.
Purchase links will only be sent to these emails.
No matter how many tickets you purchase, they can only be assigned to individuals with fan verified emails.

NYCC also swept ebay and other sights for individuals attempting to sell tickets. If they matched any fan verified emails, the tickets were revoked, your funds refunded and you were removed from fan verification.

For the longest time I've wanted to make the trip to SDCC, but within the last few years, after seeing what is has morphed into, I've lost the desire. I can see the pics of all the great pieces on the boards and know what I'm going to want. Being that I don't do well in large crowds and hearing horror stories of people camping out just to get into a room to see a presentation, I can do without. In the end, I'm just after the next piece to add to the collection.

I go to NYCC cause I share it with my son and my nephews.

I go to celebration cause I share it with my bro's and I love the Wars.

I don't need much more.

Overall I love cons I can go to and not GAF about anything but walking around.

Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) The COOL guy(s) of the Star Wars forum thread...

Alright, let's see how long this thread lasts.

1332662374734_3790412.png

Almost five years strong

Re: (FLOSI'S Cantina) The COOL guy(s) of the Star Wars forum thread...

Ken, WonderCon is too close to Celebration next year. It's either the week before or two weeks before. I'm not going. Also, I don't think I actually went to WC after going with you until this year again. This year, I really enjoyed it being just the weekend for me. It was nice being downtown again too. Next year it's back in Anaheim. So we went after CVI, which means we went in 2013, so I didn't go again until 2016. Three years later. Just saying. I'm always down too hang at another con with you though! Lemme see those dates for you....

WC 2017 is March 31 - April 2, just way too close to....
CVIII being April 13-16

;)
Aw, man!!! Yeah, I can't do two vacations that close together. It wouldn't fly with work, or my mental state...

SHUT UP! NO COMMENTS about the last part of that sentence... :mad:

Still, it is doable, if maybe I did WC just for the weekend....

Or, what the hell, I'd go all three days! :lol
I would too, if I could drive there!

Conventions are the best!
I concur! :hi5:

Of course they are for VIPs. :lol
:lol True dat!

1% of the people there are for the dealers. Yeah from what I have seen its much of a party outside the can with people setting up all kinds stuff outside the con. Most the people going to the con want exclusives and free stuff :lol. I wondered how worth it was for dealers for quite a while since most people are looking up prices in their phones and wanting a better deal. They get the random impulse buys and the oh **** so and so is here I need something to get autographed.
I used to love shopping the dealers there, and looked through the entire exhibit hall, but in the later years just didnt have the time!

I have used others badges in the past but only when they were not being used. I didn't realize that many people were actually using fake badges.
I had no idea! I had a friend do it once (color photocopy of a badge), for a visiting friend, just so he could attend for a few hours...

Comic-Con kinda sucked this and last year.
How come? What sucked for you? And how are you doing? Haven't seen you in here for ages... Not that I'm here often myself...

They need to stop calling it a "Comic Con". It hasn't been for a decade or more. I think we're going to see a decline with the over saturation of these events.

I know first hand that they're trying to crack down on the attendance. A friend of mine had a badge and couldn't go so he asked me to sell his badge. SDCC had eBay take the auction down then a week later they won one of my auctions but didn't pay in a stupidly obvious attempt to get my personal information.
Damn, that sucks!

How about "San Diego's Hollywood marketing and pandering super long line free-stuff Nerdtopia extravaganza supreme!" with a little fine print that says "May contain actual comics"

You know SDHMPSLLFSNES
Hey, it ends in SNES! So that's awesome!

I bet Mike's signature rolls right off the tongue. I'd like to try. :monkey3
I'd want to keep it on my tongue!

It's been quiet around here lately, so I'm hoping this isn't the start of it dying. :panic:
It kinda is. :monkey2

I'd fly, and I did this year. But I can see why that wouldn't be a solution for you.

Ho hum, guess I'll just see you at Celebration.

Kenbenobi :thwak JJJ

Did you ever find a Kencondonobi? :lol
No. My so called "friends" (the local ones) are backing out this year. There's one coming with me for sure, and one other possible one. I'm waiting on his final verdict. The other two decided to watch the streaming coverage and save money (cheap BASTARDS!!!). Thus, not enough for a condo of our own.

I actually thought about skipping it, briefly. But I've been to all of the US ones, and I do look forward to seeing you guys (hopefully more than the last time). I am considering skipping the volunteer gig though... But I can't imagine life without the Crew/Exhibitor badge. It does have its perks... But it does eat away at the schedule. I felt compelled to get all of the Star Tots. But now that those are done, I don't feel like I need to get the giveaways. I don't have all of the coins from past cons. And stuff like mini cereal boxes doesn't really excite me...

Kenbenobi :thwak JJJ

No. My so called "friends" (the local ones) are backing out this year. There's one coming with me for sure, and one other possible one. I'm waiting on his final verdict. The other two decided to watch the streaming coverage and save money (cheap BASTARDS!!!). Thus, not enough for a condo of our own.

I actually thought about skipping it, briefly. But I've been to all of the US ones, and I do look forward to seeing you guys (hopefully more than the last time). I am considering skipping the volunteer gig though... But I can't imagine life without the Crew/Exhibitor badge. It does have its perks... But it does eat away at the schedule. I felt compelled to get all of the Star Tots. But now that those are done, I don't feel like I need to get the giveaways. I don't have all of the coins from past cons. And stuff like mini cereal boxes doesn't really excite me...

I can't imagine anyone being cheaper than you. Do they ask Universal Studios for a 1 cent discount on a coke instead of 10 cents like you? :monkey3:monkey3

Back