(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Hooray or painkillers :rock :rock

It was more humorous than annoying.. but it was funny seeing so many disjointed texts :lol

You mean like yesterday :lol

Nice :lol

Guess it depends on what you have... seems like the Throne is $250, Jabba $200, Han in Carbonite $500, Gams $150 or so, Bib $60ish, Creature packs, etc. etc.

Just Jabba and Throne, no way... but if you have a lot of stuff that might be accurate especially as you tend to overestimate on insurance.

I have:
Solo in Carbonite
Jabba
Jabba's Throne
Archway environment
Gammorean Guard
Gartog Gammorean Guard
Leia in Booush Disguise
Bob Fortunate
Salacious Crumb creature pack
Other creature pack
SS ESB Boba Fett
Medicom 3PO
Medicom R2
SS ROTJ Luke Skywalker

Yeah, I think your estimate is pretty fair... espeically since some of those (Han or the Throne) can sell for quite a bit on a good day.

I have officially flown over 1000000 miles on Delta.
Holy cow! Did the pilot meet you and present you with that special card, like George Clooney got?

Question. I'm getting Collectors Insurance for my 1/6 Figures. Is $2,200 a reasonable price for the Sideshow Jabba Palace display plus Medicom R2 and 3PO?
Why restrict it to just 12" figures? I thought they don't require an itemized list, so you could feasibly claim any of your collectibles.

Yeah, I think your estimate is pretty fair... espeically since some of those (Han or the Throne) can sell for quite a bit on a good day.
Ya, those are kinda rare. I'm happy I have both. I just need to find my throne and Jabba. I forgot where I put them! :monkey3 Han Carbo is on display though.

Only you could loose Jabba and his Throne :lol But they really are great pieces... I've been happy with that purchase since day one and have never once thought of selling them or not having them out on display.

Holy cow! Did the pilot meet you and present you with that special card, like George Clooney got?

Why restrict it to just 12" figures? I thought they don't require an itemized list, so you could feasibly claim any of your collectibles.

Ya, those are kinda rare. I'm happy I have both. I just need to find my throne and Jabba. I forgot where I put them! :monkey3 Han Carbo is on display though.

I only collect 1:6 and also have a small, 2 figure collection of Figuarts DBZ.
I honestly had no clue how rare some of the Jabba pieces were until I searched prices on eBay for a Insurance quote.
Living so close to the beach in Florida always has me on edge during Hurricane season. I would be broken if anything happened to my collection. Jabba holds a special place in my heart. His laugh was equal to my grandfathers who passed this year.

Only you could loose Jabba and his Throne :lol But they really are great pieces... I've been happy with that purchase since day one and have never once thought of selling them or not having them out on display.
Jabba Throne takes up a chunk of space! I actually won it from Sideshow, back when it was actually possible to win contests. I won the Jabba as well, AT SDCC. It was too big to take as a carry-on on the plane, so I wrapped garbage bags around it, and checked it in as my 2nd bag (baggage was still free back then). The box got a little F'd up, but Jabba was fine. He's just a hunk of hollow plastic anyway...

I only collect 1:6 and also have a small, 2 figure collection of Figuarts DBZ.
I honestly had no clue how rare some of the Jabba pieces were until I searched prices on eBay for a Insurance quote.
Living so close to the beach in Florida always has me on edge during Hurricane season. I would be broken if anything happened to my collection. Jabba holds a special place in my heart. His laugh was equal to my grandfathers who passed this year.
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope you think of him whenever you hear Jabba laugh...
Yeah, being in a hurricane area is a good reason to get insurance. I'd do it. I just hope they don't gouge you cuz of hurricane possibilities...
EDIT: I wasn't referring to the Gouge we all know and love... Or love to know. Love to hate? Well, we know this guy named Steve. I'll leave it at that...

Last edited:

I just have my collection insured as part of my home owners... I'd asked specifically about that and gave the agent a value (which they made a choking sound to) but it's been added into the value of the home, versus having a separate policy for it.

I just have my collection insured as part of my home owners... I'd asked specifically about that and gave the agent a value (which they made a choking sound to) but it's been added into the value of the home, versus having a separate policy for it.
Did you have to itemize it? Most insurance companies want an itemized list. I don't have the patience for that. I'd rather just give an estimated value, which I know Collectinsure does. I still haven't signed up, but I plan to. Eventually. Sometime before my house burns down...

I asked about that... but they just asked for the total and said I'd be covered. Essentially if the house is lost I get a sum of money that includes the value of house and it's contents.

But I do have a spreadsheet with all the collectibles I own and I update it frequently with stuff that's been sold, added or when values change significantly.

I asked about that... but they just asked for the total and said I'd be covered. Essentially if the house is lost I get a sum of money that includes the value of house and it's contents.

But I do have a spreadsheet with all the collectibles I own and I update it frequently with stuff that's been sold, added or when values change significantly.
I commend you for your efforts. I have an outdated list of DVD's I own, but never compiled a collectibles list. I started adding stuff into Collection Stash of course, but I have only a small fraction of my collection in there. To catalog everything is a project I have no desire to take on. I'd love to, but I just don't have the time, or patience. Getting it all set-up and displayed is priority #1.

Nope, I will get some gift later on.
They must like George Clooney better than you. :monkey3
I'm scared to ask this question. How many files do you have banked? I'm sure you've used some for vacations, and possibly even friends or family. That's what I did, when I was raking em in. But mine were spread over several airlines. I still have tons of miles left!

They must like George Clooney better than you. :monkey3
I'm scared to ask this question. How many files do you have banked? I'm sure you've used some for vacations, and possibly even friends or family. That's what I did, when I was raking em in. But mine were spread over several airlines. I still have tons of miles left!
That's the old days kind of service. I have heard others getting special recognition when they arrived but lots say nothing happened. I have over 1.1 M miles but I have used at least a million over last 2-3 years.

I made the mistake of letting go of my Snowtroopers ( unexpected child hospital bill). Now, I can't get a snowy under $200 and Eweb under $200. I won't make the mistake again. I'll get 2 Scouts and a Bike, hahaha and instead of freaking out and selling, I'll put in for over time.

I made the mistake of letting go of my Snowtroopers ( unexpected child hospital bill). Now, I can't get a snowy under $200 and Eweb under $200. I won't make the mistake again. I'll get 2 Scouts and a Bike, hahaha and instead of freaking out and selling, I'll put in for over time.

Do you need a Snowtrooper? :wave

Back