Flex pay problem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydeous

Apprentice
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Thought this is the most appropriate place to ask, please lemme know if you have experience similar problems:pray::panic:

So my card got rejected for the 2nd time for charging my 3rd flex pay payment and my order cancelled due to my CC error. I thought I had it fixed the first time it got rejected, but today I found out from SS that my order have been cancelled since my CC declined for the 2nd time:monkey4

My question is, would SS allow me to fix the CC and try charging it again? It's already my third payment and I only got 2 more payments to go:monkey2

Call them. I didn't have a problem with my credit card (other than that it was empty) and they tried to reinstate it for me. They couldn't because it went to a waitlister, but if yours hasn't shipped yet, that won't be an issue.

Mine haven't been shipped yet, it's the joker DX11.

I have already sent them an email, but since I'm still waiting from the CC to reconfirm regarding my card status I don't know how long it'll take till my card is ok again.

But thanks for the info, so it's possible for them to reinstate the flex pay right?

I am certain that this will be resolved with no problems...SSC customer service have always been very helpful for me when I have contacted them previously. I would not worry too much Hydeous, SSC don't want to lose your custom really.

But just for the sake of an argument...what if there was still an ongoing problem, what would happen to the two previous payments already made?

But just for the sake of an argument...what if there was still an ongoing problem, what would happen to the two previous payments already made?

The prior payments would be refunded, minus any NRD or cancellation fees.

This exact thing happened to me but it was for a Baroness EX. I got an e-mail that my CC has failed, I successfully updated it via the website, then a few days went by and my order got canceled because of a issue with the CC (Even though I used the same card over the phone when I called to see what was going on). I lost my reservation for the sold out Baroness and had to fight to get my NRD applied to another order. The system is flawed IMO.

If the website confirmed that the information was wrong when I updated it, this would be a non-issue. Instead, they allow the incorrect information to save until the next charge is made. Has this happened to anyone else?

Ok, a quick update (havent been able to find time to sit in front of a comp as of recent) since they have canceled my initial order, they told me re order it (as its still available) and they can move the NRD to the current order as a courtesy per account. And it will be used as a discount for my final flex pay.

Glad that they can help out this time, but like what death merchant said, that system is flawed IMO.

The NRD is supposed to be a down payment so that the buyer cant back down or cancel their order; but NOT something that acts as a free bonus money for them when the buyer still wants the item, but have faulty CC and/or other problems which are fixable.

If the website confirmed that the information was wrong when I updated it, this would be a non-issue. Instead, they allow the incorrect information to save until the next charge is made. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi Guys,

Something to note is that we don't charge credit cards immediately when orders are placed on the website. All the order info goes to our processing system and we attempt to charge what ever info was sent from your online account. So if there is a typo in the credit card we'd never know.

Be careful when entering those credit card numbers, because once they are in, we only see the last 4 numbers on the card in the interest of security.

sorry just made my first order through sideshow this week and am amazed at how quick and easy it all was, im in the uk so i will be ordering from them from now on, does anyone know when you pre order a figure if you can pay as soon as you pre order or do you have to pay when it is dispatched?

SSC say that they do not charge unless they actually have stock. No disrespect to Sideshow Mike but I am not sure that this is entirely how it always goes. Two examples....

Hawkeye​

There were several people on these boards who had said that they'd had final flex payments charged for the Hawk. That would mean, by SSC's own advice, that they have stock of that item. Then I asked to have my final Flex charged but suddenly there was no stock available to me. Finally - after 3 or 4 days later - SSC 'received' stock and I was finally able to conclude my final payment.

Captain America​

Now, I begin to detect yet again the same happening with Cap:A. People saying that final payments have begun processing, final payment emails being sent out to 'some' customers. There they are in the Cap:A thread. I spoke to SSC via live chat and was told that they had no stock and could not charge my final payment.

Again!

As a Flex payer, I have been putting my money in in good faith, even before 'one large single payment' type buyers. I have done this with Superman (Reeve) Regular, Superman Exclusive, 1898 BATMAN, 1898 JOKER, DARTH MAUL and HAWKEYE and ongoing with THOR, BLACK WIDOW and will do so again with LOKI, OBI WAN, CAT WOMAN and BANE. So then to get the distinct impression on two separate occasions, whilst actually conversing with a person on 'live-chat' that you are getting "The run-around" is very annoying.

You're right DGT, there are going to be times when we do process pre-ordered items before they arrive in our warehouse.

There are a number of variables that go into scheduling the processing calendar and we try to process items a day or 2 early, so that your item is whisked away to you within a few hours after it arrives into our warehouse.

In regards to processing flexpay's early...that's a whole different story. If we receive split shipments of an item, many times we will only have enough to cover a portion of the orders. Since flex orders were booked requesting a specific payment date, we will process full pays orders first. If the numbers allow we will process flex early if requested, but there times where the stock just doesn't allow it and flex orders have to remain on their original schedule.

Sorry for the long winded answer and I hope this answers your questions.

You're right DGT, there are going to be times when we do process pre-ordered items before they arrive in our warehouse.

There are a number of variables that go into scheduling the processing calendar and we try to process items a day or 2 early, so that your item is whisked away to you within a few hours after it arrives into our warehouse.

In regards to processing flexpay's early...that's a whole different story. If we receive split shipments of an item, many times we will only have enough to cover a portion of the orders. Since flex orders were booked requesting a specific payment date, we will process full pays orders first. If the numbers allow we will process flex early if requested, but there times where the stock just doesn't allow it and flex orders have to remain on their original schedule.

Sorry for the long winded answer and I hope this answers your questions.

Thank you Mike. I don't really like it but thank you all the same, you could have just ignored me.

I can see that to be fair, 'dates+stock' must sometimes be the criteria that has to be employed, but it does seem rather disconcerting to see folks who have done exactly the same things as you, for the same figure, posting things like...

"Contacted SSC via live chat and I've just made my last Flex on 'Catapain Armenia', should ship in 3, thanks Sideshow Bertha"

...then off you toddle and via live chat speak to Sideshow Tarquin, only to be told "Sorry, no stock"

Don't get me wrong, Flex has been a fantastic addition to SSC's features. It has allowed me to purchase so many great figures over this year. But the overriding hint of '2nd class citizen' does rather make its way to the surface every now and then.

Back