Fixing medicom bodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How can i fix my broken mauls RAH medicom leg

• Total voters
https://img339.imageshack.us/g/medicompose1.jpg/ (ling to pictures) Hi I recently had a problem where I got a RAH darth maul figure from medicom for my birthday but the leg came broken. So I tried many things to try to fix this and I got the leg in new condition and even stronger.
Il post pictures of the break and what it looked like but first im going to explain what broke and how I fixed it. Ok so what happened is where the leg is the joint or (stem) broke and before i got it off ebay someone tried to glue it in place which made it way more difficult -__-. First I took the other leg off that wasnt broken and measured the size of the screw in the joint and the joint itself. Next me and my dad went to a hobby shop and found some carbon fiber the size of the joint and we bought a screw the same size of the 1 in the medicom body. Next I got the carbon fibre down to the same size of the unbroken joint then I compared it to the unbroken 1 and it looked good. Next I noticed that the unbroken join was solid inside with a hole running down the middle. So what I did is take a circular piece of wood that would fit inside my recunstructed joint and put it in there and glued it in and let it dry for 2hrs. Next i drilled a hole down the center and put the screw in to see if it could fit and it did. So I put the other leg together and everything seemed good so i tested the leg by posing it in different positions for a little bit and it worked fin so i attachted it to the body and now its good.
(tips and helpful facts) First this project wasnt easy and it took me well over 4hrs because I had failed attempts. This project cost me $12.45 cheaper then a new medicom body. If you are to lazy to do this then go buy a RAH medicom body from ebay. I dont know the exact sizes of the circular wood piece or the carbon fibre but if you need these items then measure the other RAH leg and join and compare it to ur broken piece to find out. ------I know this wasnt the best review on how to help but i hope it helps for people that were in my position.------ https://img339.imageshack.us/g/medicompose1.jpg/ (again link to the pictures of before the repair the piece after the repair and how I posed him.) More pictures on my album on this websight. ANY QUESTIONS PM ME AND I WILL TRY MY BEST TO ANSWER THEM PLEASE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS JUST ASK ME BECAUSE I KNOW I DIDNT EXPLAIN IN THE BEST WAY :maul :maul :maul :maul :maul :maul
:maul :maul :maul :maul

I looked aroiund a few times and couldn't find those spare medi parts I thought I had.. I was just about to post and say "sorry", but glad you got it sorted out man!

Back