Fix a Broken statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regi13

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello guys, does anyone knows how to fix this broken statue? Ive tried with apoxy but it didn't work out. Please i need someone knows how to fix it.

Thanks all
613b2b689b8f3695976d6dba3c3cec8d.jpg

65f23818130242048fdbc7f01603a1aa.jpg
c6330ce1b7a7e961c2e505ddb6d41680.jpg

I would sand it to get the epoxy residue off, then if the is enough of each piece to touch well enough use a good super glue and let it sit and dry properly. Hopefully it will then be stiff enough to work with some magic sculpt to rebuild any gaps and help secure it on, then resand after it dries, then repaint. If not enough to grab with glue then use the sculpting putty for the whole fix. Patience and time is key with fixing statues. You can't fix it all in one sitting. I'd make you an offer on it if you decide you can't repair it.

I would sand it to get the epoxy residue off, then if the is enough of each piece to touch well enough use a good super glue and let it sit and dry properly. Hopefully it will then be stiff enough to work with some magic sculpt to rebuild any gaps and help secure it on, then resand after it dries, then repaint. If not enough to grab with glue then use the sculpting putty for the whole fix. Patience and time is key with fixing statues. You can't fix it all in one sitting. I'd make you an offer on it if you decide you can't repair it.

Thanks for these tips it's really helpful. The problem is the purple overcoat its too tight and i cant take it off his body. Any tips for that? I really appreciate your help

I'm guessing you would have to try to do the repair with the coat on and use something to protect the fabric. It looks like there is some epoxy already on the vest. It's really hard to give advice without seeing it in hand. If your looking to offload it, PM me, I'd buy it at a low cost but I would have to see all of the damage done. It looks to be in pretty bad condition from the damage thought ��. If you have a local comic shop around they might know someone they can refer you too. I know that's how I get most of my repair jobs is the comic shop holds it there and when I go to pick up my books they show me damaged pieces brought in and I fix them for them if it's within my skill level.

You need to pin it! + add an adhesive. Pining it refers to adding a structural support inside, as a metal rod. The adhesive, won't hold on itself under manipulation.

Materials needed:
Fast cure epoxy putty (5 min)
Fast cure epoxy glue.
A small metal pin (brass tubing, metal rod, small nail, etc)
Sanding pad (230 grit or similar nº)
Isopropil alcohol (for degreasing)
Masking tape
Scissors, small pliers, etc.

References:
A1- Broken limb. shoulder
A2 - Broken limb. arm

Protect the rest of the clothes with masking tape/plastic film or undress it. Don't forget to do this, you can definitely ruin the rest of it for good.

First clean the glue residue on the broken extremities, sand and degrease. Make sure end of the crack on both parts match. You may need to sand or cut some of the pointy edges. They could later on be filled with epoxy.

Both A1 and A2 are hollow. If not, make space. Stuff them with epoxy putty, one limb at a time. After the first is done, with still uncured epoxy, affix a short nail or metal rod cut to size so it can be put inside the other fractured part (part of it should be on the putty and part free as in the image below). Then fill the other limb with epoxy putty, and insert the nail. While the second limb cures, fix the arm at the fracture point with tape, on the outside, so it will hold still and make sure the edges still match.

Once everything is set, paint the outside of the crack with epoxy glue to reinforce it (optional). To do this, first sand part of the plastic at the fracture point to make space for the epoxy and not bulk it much more than originally was. Don't worry about sanding weakening the joint. It's stable on the inside.

bb_hersy_wolf_alku_001_pinning.jpg

ps: Even if it says 5 minute epoxy, full strength isn't achieved until hours later. For the intermediate steps wait 30 mins for the epoxy to cure. To fully manipulate it once done, redress it, wait at least 12 hours.

Last edited:
You need to pin it! + add an adhesive. Pining it refers to adding a structural support inside, as a metal rod. The adhesive, won't hold on itself under manipulation.

Materials needed:
Fast cure epoxy putty (5 min)
Fast cure epoxy glue.
A small metal pin (brass tubing, metal rod, small nail, etc)
Sanding pad (230 grit or similar nº)
Isopropil alcohol (for degreasing)
Masking tape
Scissors, small pliers, etc.

References:
A1- Broken limb. shoulder
A2 - Broken limb. arm

Protect the rest of the clothes with masking tape/plastic film or undress it. Don't forget to do this, you can definitely ruin the rest of it for good.

First clean the glue residue on the broken extremities, sand and degrease. Make sure end of the crack on both parts match. You may need to sand or cut some of the pointy edges. They could later on be filled with epoxy.

Both A1 and A2 are hollow. If not, make space. Stuff them with epoxy putty, one limb at a time. After the first is done, with still uncured epoxy, affix a short nail or metal rod cut to size so it can be put inside the other fractured part (part of it should be on the putty and part free). Then fill the other limb with epoxy putty, and insert the nail. While the second limb cures, fix the arm at the fracture point with tape, on the outside, so it will hold still.

Once everything is set, paint the outside of the crack with epoxy glue to reinforce it (optional)

View attachment 251072

Thaaaankkk you sooooo much!!! I really really appreciate your help. I owe you one for the rest of my life! I'll buy the material ASAP and ill do it, I'll keep you updated.
Many thanks

You need to pin it! + add an adhesive. Pining it refers to adding a structural support inside, as a met..............

I'm guessing you would have to try to do the repair with the coat on and use somet.............

First i bought some material that I didn't have. Bought fast cure epoxy and tape. I did step by step as you mentioned and it worked perfectly!!! I only issue that i faced when i was trying to wrap the two edges together, it was too horrible and it took about half an hour to do it correctly, maybe because its my first time doing these repair thing[emoji4]. But it was deserve that hard work and im really happy for the outcome.
Here is a picture when I displayed him finally.
b8fe3e4504d5b2eb8e55cbf437593829.jpg

Thank you guys so much

I'm really glad you successfully managed to do it right the first time :D

In the picture it looks good as new ;D

Back