*******First4Figures Statue Thread - (ZELDA, SONIC, METROID, ETC) ***Post Yours***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vertical_47.jpg

While I plan to get her and she looks great, is anyone else extremely disappointed with the direction they took? Why is she fully sculpted? Zant had plenty of mixed media (even some really creative usage with the streamer like things on the sleeves) and Ganondorf's cape was a heft fabric so why is Zelda, whose outfit would look incredible with fabrics, completed sculpted? Makes me suspect that Link too and an adult Midna (if they ever do her like I pray they will) will just be fully sculpted. It's a lot of loss potential not to mention now the villains stand out in a strange way.

Oh and that edition size is way too big. They are still struggling to sell out on the Ganondorf Exclusive and that was 750. Yeah Zelda is a more popular character, but 2500 still seems like way too many for them to sell out on.

Last edited:
This will probably help sales for Ganondorf since it's inevitable now that a 1/4 Link is happening. These three together on display will look nice.

So will she have the number our Ganondorf did or is this completely first come first serve?

The overall quality and style seems like a step back from their two previous 1/4 statues. It looks more in line with what Gaming Head has been putting out and not in a good way. Paint apps and overall sculpt don't seem as nice as with Zant and Ganondorf.

The stichwork makes it seem all but confirmed to be mixed media, but I still question why that is the only place with mixed media...

The overall quality and style seems like a step back from their two previous 1/4 statues. It looks more in line with what Gaming Head has been putting out and not in a good way. Paint apps and overall sculpt don't seem as nice as with Zant and Ganondorf.

It really is too bad they went fully sculpted. Her dress would have looked phenominal with real material.

Looking at the pictures, it does look like it will be mixed media. Take a look at this photo.

View attachment 101920

Yeah that's okay. But it's just like a small tease to how great it could have been.

The stichwork makes it seem all but confirmed to be mixed media, but I still question why that is the only place with mixed media...

Yeah. Same with the cape on Ganondorf being the only material.

It really is too bad they went fully sculpted. Her dress would have looked phenominal with real material.

Yeah that's okay. But it's just like a small tease to how great it could have been.

Yeah. Same with the cape on Ganondorf being the only material.

I think it's fine with Ganondorf simply because I don't see where they could have put any other fabric given he is mostly wearing thick armor on an already thick body. The cape's materials were so impressive too so it worked out great. Heavy with awesome designs.

Here though there's no excuse. I can see them hesitating on her bottom dress because it would be hard to get it to come out like that and retain its body and shape, but the upper half of her body definitely could have had mixed media, such as the purple area and maybe even the gloves and such. I guess they thought it would look weird to just go half and half so they tried to fit it in where possible. With wiring, they probably could have retained the body of the lower dress and went 100% mixed media sans the gloves and jewels.

I think it's fine with Ganondorf simply because I don't see where they could have put any other fabric given he is mostly wearing thick armor on an already thick body. The cape's materials were so impressive too so it worked out great. Heavy with awesome designs.

Here though there's no excuse. I can see them hesitating on her bottom dress because it would be hard to get it to come out like that and retain its body and shape, but the upper half of her body definitely could have had mixed media, such as the purple area and maybe even the gloves and such. I guess they thought it would look weird to just go half and half so they tried to fit it in where possible. With wiring, they probably could have retained the body of the lower dress and went 100% mixed media sans the gloves and jewels.

They could have just used one of those armature structures that a lot of old dresses use. I forget the actual name of them.

I hope they put some pictures out of her standing next to Ganondorf. I'd like to see her size.

Thanks BurningRage!

She's beautiful. Edition size and price is still too high for my liking though.

A beautiful piece, for sure. But I'd like to echo other peolple's surprise & disappointment at the fully sculpted dress. Why they didn't use real material is anybody's guess. If just one First4Figures statue should've had real material clothing then it was always going to be this one. Very disappointing indeed.

Although I don't think that their amazing Ganondorf could ever be topped I now really would love to see Sideshow acquire this licence and give us the Princess Zelda 1/4 scale statue that we'd all been waiting for.

Back