First post here, first time buying a hot toy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyboy1010

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This site looks fantastic so I am really looking forward to having such a great source of information for my hobby.
I recently (today) bought my first Hot Toy online from Toytards.com. I chose them because of reading a few brief threads here.
Can anyone comment further on their reputation? Did I do the right thing? Are they to be trusted and have good service? It makes me nervous buying from a website for the very first time, as most people can agree.
Thanks for your help!

P.S. it was the AvP Elder Predator. I'm super excited to get it!

:wave

Hi everyone,
This site looks fantastic so I am really looking forward to having such a great source of information for my hobby.
I recently (today) bought my first Hot Toy online from Toytards.com. I chose them because of reading a few brief threads here.
Can anyone comment further on their reputation? Did I do the right thing? Are they to be trusted and have good service? It makes me nervous buying from a website for the very first time, as most people can agree.
Thanks for your help!

P.S. it was the AvP Elder Predator. I'm super excited to get it!

:wave
Hey hey mattboy1010! Generally speaking, you may want to pose your question of a sites reliability prior to the actually...Y'know. ...purchase! BUT, particularly for the course!

I've not myself ever purchased from them, however I'm sure a quick Google search should yield the answer you seek!

Elder predator is a nice choice! I hope you get it in pristine condition. You'll have to upload a few pics of your set up once you get it!

Beware...the hobby is profoundly addictive.

Allocate specific monies to it only. Like save a bit here and there and only buy within your means! It's very easy for your eyes to get bigger than your wallet.

Welcome aboard!

:)

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I know, I know. I felt a little foolish asking AFTER the purchase, but I did read a few, although brief, recommendations of that website. But I'd still like some input from people that have dealt with them before.
I am truly looking forward to getting that hot toys figure. I think I know what you mean when you say its addictive. Its all I've been thinking about since I decided to buy one!
Thanks for your reply.

Welcome to the freaks, No experience with that company myself, Not sure where your from but top retailers to buy from IMO are BBTS, Sideshow, Monkey Depot, Alter Ego Comics and Fanboy Collectables. There are many others I'm sure some freaks can chime in on more.

This video should help being your new to collecting Hot Toys.

I'm in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Many of the popular websites for Hot Toys I tried at first don't take online debit. So that was pretty important to me.

I'm in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Many of the popular websites for Hot Toys I tried at first don't take online debit. So that was pretty important to me.
I order from Sideshow myself. I live in Toronto, so not too terribly far from you but there are local retailers around for those who know how to look.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Welcome to the hobby. That part about your eyes getting bigger than your money is very true. If I bought everything I saw here, I'd be living in a cardboard box with only my hot toys for warmth lol.

Sideshow and BBTS are great sources for Hot Toys and other high end 1/6 figures...I checked the website hoping that it was a US source that I could add to my network...won't work for me since it is in Canada but if I lived there as you do they look reputable enough that if I had ordered from them I would feel comfortable sitting back, relaxing, and trusting that my item would arrive.

Welcome to the freaks, No experience with that company myself, Not sure where your from but top retailers to buy from IMO are BBTS, Sideshow, Monkey Depot, Alter Ego Comics and Fanboy Collectables. There are many others I'm sure some freaks can chime in on more.

This video should help being your new to collecting Hot Toys.

Just watched this. Wow. Makes me feel like buying my hot toys was like buying a car or a house. But...it's also all true what is said here. I think all of us who have several of these, go through all of this.

Great, thanks for putting me at ease. I'm naturally paranoid about this stuff as it is.

this video isn't showing me anything but a black square. Do you have a link for it?

I know, the name is bizarre. I can't believe the owner doesn't catch on how it sounds. But at the same time I can't believe someone would name it that on purpose.

I did a quick check of their website, they look legit to me. Looks like a bricks and mortar store that sells on the web as well. Congrats on the pickup and welcome to the hobby!

Back