FIREFLY V.2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KD giving free hugs? What's this world coming to? The End must be near!

I gotta disagree with you, Dave. I feel I'm pretty objective in this case, I think the SS one looks decent, but this design looks much, much cooler and sinister to me. The extra grey patches and hood on the SS version give him too much bulk and take away from the sleek and covert infiltrator, bomber/assassin vibe this one has.

No offense, but for an outsider - the SSC one is much, much cooler looking.

That is because you are not a GI Joe fan. You are only buying the new figure because it is being made by Sideshow. If Dragon put out the same figure as Sideshow, you wouldn't even consider buying it.

That is because you are not a GI Joe fan. You are only buying the new figure because it is being made by Sideshow. If Dragon put out the same figure as Sideshow, you wouldn't even consider buying it.

If Dragon were doing a Joe line and this was part of it and they had decent head sculpts and bodies like the Pro or TT - then I probably would buy it.

No offense, but for an outsider - the SSC one is much, much cooler looking.

I disagree. This is a great representation of the character. Nearly spot on, and a kitbash, Great job!! :gun You know who he is the second you see him.

Now if SideShow could implement this scheme to the figure they would have a grand slam.

I like SS' creative input of this character but if there's gotta be ONE, it should be an honorable representation of the Original figure.

Last edited:
Well, I went to go check out the Firefly pics at the SS site(yeah I'm a little late) and possibly order him but he's just too far removed from the original for me and kinda boring.

I think they really messed up one of the coolest figures in the Joe universe. So far all the others have looked great but FF is just a train wreck to me.:monkey2

Hey Mando,
I just got my replacement body for Firefly. I just finished putting him back together. Here a some quick pics I took before the batteries in my camera died.

dscf2438v.jpg

dscf2430w.jpg

dscf2431n.jpg

dscf2432.jpg

dscf2435.jpg

dscf2436n.jpg

BTW, thanks for the comments on my FF bash. Means alot coming from you.

:drool I love this shot in prticular. The pose is awesome! Really like what you did with the boots they look spot on and the crossstraps are perfect. :rock

What did you use for the Cobra emblem on his sleeve? It looks great.

I used this:
0205332221945.jpg

Just be careful when you iron it. I actually melted one of the cuff buttons. :lol

Back