1/6 FINALLY: the white Tantive IV entry hallway!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff Joost !! Glad I'm already on the list !!

Regarding the background. I thought movie accurate was with a door like below ??

However I agree with door open there must be something behind. Perhaps you could do a "closed door" graphic on one side of the backing sheet, and "open door" on the other side.

"Open door" I'd go for Number #2 from your video I think. But it's a hard choice. Needs to be imperial though.

PS : Are you doing the cool red lights/vents above the door ?

7ca273f28c459326302e94a0a27f4489.jpg

Great stuff Joost !! Glad I'm already on the list !!

Regarding the background. I thought movie accurate was with a door like below ??

However I agree with door open there must be something behind. Perhaps you could do a "closed door" graphic on one side of the backing sheet, and "open door" on the other side.

"Open door" I'd go for Number #2 from your video I think. But it's a hard choice. Needs to be imperial though.

PS : Are you doing the cool red lights/vents above the door ?

View attachment 329186

I might do a door as well. Give 3 display options. A door, and a two sided graphic. Depends on the final cost. Yes, I'm also doing the red lights and the grey strips

A door and 2 sided graphic would be epic !! I just love that door design. Would only need to be a thin piece with machined pattern and stuck from exterior.

Lighting wouldn't be that hard for people to add themselves I would have thought (to keep cost down). Just add some semi transparent sheeting like in the pic above, then add lights in a thin box above it (assuming there is room in Detolf height).

Could you add a figure such as a stormtrooper to the next round of photos?

I think a removable ceiling would be a nice option if feasible.

I'm hoping the empire strikes back final duel bridge is next after the throne room, but I'm excited to see how this turns out!

Love it! Will definitely be in for this but let me wait for my big work bonus in a few weeks before making a payment :)

Having said that I think a lit ceiling would be amazing!! Please consider it!

One suggestion though... could you double the wire length you used for your deathstar if there are in fact lights?

Thanks and again great work as always!

Can't wait for this one. Waiting on price though as I've had some big expenses lately and the remainder of the service coridoor to pay. Hopefully its not sold out by the time price is known.

I kind think this one may need lights. It's got a solid base, walls and back. If its on the top shelf that's a solid roof. If it's on a lower shelf but the above shelves have been JazzInk'd up then that's another solid roof. That only leaves the front to let light in and depending on peoples rooms, orientations to windows etc could make for a dark diorama. As I recall that's one of the reasons the service coridoor has no sides to let light through as it isn't a lighted environment. Of course then the roof can't be too thick because Vader already has height issues in a naked detolf. You must have so much fun with these little problems Joost :rotfl

Can't wait for this one. Waiting on price though as I've had some big expenses lately and the remainder of the service coridoor to pay. Hopefully its not sold out by the time price is known.

I kind think this one may need lights. It's got a solid base, walls and back. If its on the top shelf that's a solid roof. If it's on a lower shelf but the above shelves have been JazzInk'd up then that's another solid roof. That only leaves the front to let light in and depending on peoples rooms, orientations to windows etc could make for a dark diorama. As I recall that's one of the reasons the service coridoor has no sides to let light through as it isn't a lighted environment. Of course then the roof can't be too thick because Vader already has height issues in a naked detolf. You must have so much fun with these little problems Joost :rotfl

Yes, that about sums up the problems with these designs in general and lights in particular. It always comes back to space and money... I have to make choices on both fronts and still try to keep everyone happy.... enough....

Wowww!
You really took it up a level, I give it a year before you buy a small factory for production of dioramas ;-)
I only regret you switched to detolf sizes, the scale and proporsions really suffer due to that. Hoping you do some non-detolf dioramas in the future...

Wowww!
You really took it up a level, I give it a year before you buy a small factory for production of dioramas ;-)
I only regret you switched to detolf sizes, the scale and proporsions really suffer due to that. Hoping you do some non-detolf dioramas in the future...

Hahaha! Thanks but no thanks, this is a very fun hobby project but I have a day job as well. And if I have to do this and make a living off it, the prices would have to go up. Now I don't so the margins can stay very thin which makes these things affordable for everyone.

Hi Joost. Wow oh wow. You have done it again. Another quality Diorama. Would be great with lighted ceiling if possible. Please can you put me down on the list for the above and also the Service Corridor Dio too. If you could PM me the payment details for the deposits required that would be superb. Cheers Neil.

Hi Joost. Wow oh wow. You have done it again. Another quality Diorama. Would be great with lighted ceiling if possible. Please can you put me down on the list for the above and also the Service Corridor Dio too. If you could PM me the payment details for the deposits required that would be superb. Cheers Neil.

Thanks Neil! I really appreciate it. PM sent. How are you liking your Death Star Ultimate dio?

All the best.
-Joost

Just sent you a PM to you Joost. Deposits all sent and its a pleasure to support you in your exceptional work. At the moment my Death Star Dio is still all packaged up in the box. Doing lots of house renovations at the moment to hopefully free up more space for my display.. Well that's the plan.! lol. Its just a case of getting onboard with these limited works of art you keep producing. My wallet is taking a hammering but its so worth it.

Best regards

Neil

Just sent you a PM to you Joost. Deposits all sent and its a pleasure to support you in your exceptional work. At the moment my Death Star Dio is still all packaged up in the box. Doing lots of house renovations at the moment to hopefully free up more space for my display.. Well that's the plan.! lol. Its just a case of getting onboard with these limited works of art you keep producing. My wallet is taking a hammering but its so worth it.

Best regards

Neil

[emoji16] I appreciate your restraint as much as your support! I can never let anything I buy stay boxed.

I have been following your Dios from the very beggining Jazz. They are masterpieces and you are a true artist that takes his time to source the materials and references needed to put together the best representations possible. I myself have do not use detolfs for displays and would be in on something bigger. I know most use the detolfs and that is why they are so popular but if ever decide to do something big that can house 10-15 figures or more i would so be into that. Again phenomal job on these. So impressive

I have been following your Dios from the very beggining Jazz. They are masterpieces and you are a true artist that takes his time to source the materials and references needed to put together the best representations possible. I myself have do not use detolfs for displays and would be in on something bigger. I know most use the detolfs and that is why they are so popular but if ever decide to do something big that can house 10-15 figures or more i would so be into that. Again phenomal job on these. So impressive

Perhaps a carbon freezing chamber? :pray:

Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words. I still have a few Detolf models planned and then who knows, I might do something larger, but something that large is impossible to make in large enough numbers because there are very few people who have both the space and the budget for a set that is large enough for at least 10 figures.

Perhaps a carbon freezing chamber? :pray:

Hey teleray, teaser (it's part of the carbon freezing arm):
17204536_10212548867783122_763285454_n.jpg

Back