Finally! The official "What Vader do you want" Poll"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Vader are you hoping SST will give us first?

• Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 52 42.6%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 27 22.1%

• Total voters
I do NOT want an idealized or mix of Vader figures. ANH is WAYY different than ESB or Jedi. For ESB they can do just a removable dome and for Jedi do the 3 piece with the damaged gauntlet and the like. There ARE ways to make these Vader figures distinct.

it's going to be EP 3 Vader but I vote for ANH since Hurricane is making me my favorite...ESB. I can't wait to buy them all from SS though.

It really doesn't matter cause EVENTUALLY were gonna see a few SS vaders

(i just hope ANH is first):eek::cool:

ANH............especially since my custom Hurricane ESB Vader will be here soon. :cool:

Well clearly ANH will be the next Vader released since everyone will buy the first one, and then ANH later since its the most popular.

Jedi version for me.

I want to be able to display Vader against Jedi Luke and have the Emperor sitting in his throne with Luke's lightsaber and saying, "You want...this."

See there, I just voted for the ROTSv just to piss everyone off! Not that there's much difference between that and the ROTJ version save for the mask and a slightly different body build.

I'm not an expert in the differences but there are a lot more differences than you mentioned, any Vader freaks care to chime in? They look different on screen I just don't know all the exact differences but the total packages differ from one another, and you can see a difference.

There are a number of differences. ESB and ROTJ are the closest in terms of the costume. Just minor Helmet, Belt, and Chestbox changes.

ANH: Inner RObe over armor. Helmet and chest armor are duller. Chin vent on helmet is smaller. Tusks on helmet do not match. 'checkerboard' pattern on helmet is 'sloppy'. Helmet has widows peak. Shoulder bells are silver. Chestbox is slightly bigger. Belt has subtle differences.

ESB/ROTJ: Glossy paint job. Black shoulder bells. inner robe under chest armor. larger chin vents. matching tusks.

ROTS: Thinner vader. Shoulder bells extend past shoulders, and are more rounded, they match into the armor better. Chest box has no straps. Codpieces center is more squared. Neck of the helmet rests UNDER the armor. Sits differently from the others subtly. Helmet is solid black, no checkerboad pattern.

There's a few other differences, but those are the big ones.

I voted for ESB, just because that was his most badass incarnation. Hoth invasion, driving star destroyers through asteroid fields, executing inept officers on the spot, telling the galaxy's most lethal bounty hunters what to do, owning Lando, torturing Han Solo, using him for a guinea pig in the carbon chamber, then beating the living crap out of Luke, just to mind^^^^ him sideways by telling him he's his father.

I know a lot of you guys have the Tantive IV appearance seared into your brains, but I was only 4 when I saw that in the theater. I saw ESB when I was 5, and it left a much deeper impression.

Plus, an ESB Vader could come with a meditation chamber.

I don't really care which one comes first, just as long as they do one for each film. I'd be irate if I had to settle for the same Vader duelling Obi-wan, ESB Luke and ROTJ Luke. Irate, I tell you. Like the Satan faces in mushroom clouds. :lecture

If they do a ROTS version first, I hope it comes with droids, an operating table, and a full reveal 3-part helmet.

Last edited:
I'm with the Devil, I thought as a child Vader was his most intimidating in Empire Strikes Back. I think David Prowse looked even more cut in Empire. I know Jedi and Empire are pretty close but to me Vader looked bigger, meaner and just unstoppable in Empire. Vader was also the face of the Empire in ESB. There was no Tarkin and a small cameo by the Emperor but besides that Vader was the face of evil.
I don't know how that would be translated into an action figure but Empire is the Vader for me.

I voted ESB, though any OT Vader is an instant purchase for me. I'll be severely disappointed if his ROTS incarnation is the one they choose to make. I really don't like the skinny build, seemingly over-sized helmet, and one piece shoulder armor. Plus his PT lightsaber design sucks. Please give us an OT Vader, Sideshow!

Back