finally, new takara jin roh

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is the only difference between the Kohichi and Soichiroh figure the headsculpt? I've always wanted one of these, thought about getting the Medicom... but these look more badass.

I think so... the post for the bipod on the MG 34 seems to be differently placed on both figures, but otherwise, they seem to be the same.

I think so... the post for the bipod on the MG 34 seems to be differently placed on both figures, but otherwise, they seem to be the same.

the bipod is removable, you can place it at the front or in the middle. it fully opens and swirval as well. other than the new heads, I can't see any other difference.

I've been searching for good prices.
Anybody have other stores to recommend?
HLJ has them for 168, but the shipping will probably even it out.

the ironic thing is, with the rising prices of 1/6 figures, these takara jin roh now are fairly priced. I am kinda surprised that they didn't go up in price like HT's latest products.

Yeah, those were incredibly expensive!
There was an exclusive as well, wasn't there?

Say, anybody got pics of these guys?

BTW, ordered mine at HLJ!

Jin Roh stuff usually does dry up pretty quickly... I'll try and get one at the end of the month.

Yikes, they seem to be well worth the price though. Do you guys see these as being pretty hard to find in the future?

I dont think these takara jin roh will be hard to find down the line, but I do think the prices might go up. but it is very likely takara do a re-release on these guys.

IMO, the price is not a bargain, but you wont feel rip-offed either. the quality of the craftmanship on this figure is up there as one of the best 1/6 ever made. if there is anything that can be improve on would just be the ammo belt. Its plastic, but you can always get metal ones to replace them. One note, these jin rohs have one of the best ankle articulations, the boot and foot are combined as one piece so there is no restriction like 95% of the 1/6 figures that wear boots. it balances well and add so much more to what you can do in terms of posing. And the durability is great too.

BTW, how is the posability with the "leather" jacket on? I remember that somebody posted at the OSW that the older version's movement was really impaired by the tight leather jacket.

As for different weaponry, isn't it just a matter of getting loose WWII german weapons? There's plenty of those to be bought.

BTW, how is the posability with the "leather" jacket on? I remember that somebody posted at the OSW that the older version's movement was really impaired by the tight leather jacket.

As for different weaponry, isn't it just a matter of getting loose WWII german weapons? There's plenty of those to be bought.

I don't recall any issues with mine..but I pretty much find one pose I like for the figure and leave him in it for my display case. Midori came as a costume lot from someone on MWD who just wanted her head and body, but her jacket doesn't restrict movement at all...at least no more so than the armor.

This really is an awesome figure - I sold off my DML one to grab the Takara one and didn't regret it one bit.

They dont look all to bad, I think Ill end up picking up one of those guys since I missed out on the first one. I already have Midori so having a male counter part wouldnt be all to bad.

So I guess no more pics then? :monkey2

found a review here if you are interested:

https://jimbobwan.com/art49.htm

I have the same one in storage, it was good back in 2003, but now its very dated and out classed. It had major stability problems with the boots, the breathing tube is hard and brittle, (meaning I can't get it to turn and attach to the back pack.) the armor are huge for the base body, and the face mask have a hard time stay on the face. In many ways, its kinda hasbro-like in portportions but with much higher quality sculpt and material. Oh yeah, the straps they used are a nightmare. Comes loose very easily and takes forever to make them look good again. So he's been in storage ever since. :D

I still have my old Dragon, Jin Roh, I still think it's a cool figure, but a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.
You can see him (along with the DVD boxset covers) in this old review for Cy-Girl Midori-

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_090505b.htm

found a review here if you are interested:

https://jimbobwan.com/art49.htm

I have the same one in storage, it was good back in 2003, but now its very dated and out classed. It had major stability problems with the boots, the breathing tube is hard and brittle, (meaning I can't get it to turn and attach to the back pack.) the armor are huge for the base body, and the face mask have a hard time stay on the face. In many ways, its kinda hasbro-like in portportions but with much higher quality sculpt and material. Oh yeah, the straps they used are a nightmare. Comes loose very easily and takes forever to make them look good again. So he's been in storage ever since. :D

Odd how much of a difference 5 years makes... I remember coveting that figure and thinking how badass it looks. Now, by comparison, not so much :lol

Back