Finally - my review of Jack and Sao from Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the review!! Looks like a great figure, but in the end i'm glad i'm passing. Just something that's not right to me. Either way, good review :rock

Barbossa was great in the first one, but I think AWE was his time to shine.

You're right MF, the production coat is a very clean brown... whereas the proto seems more worn and not as chocolatey.

Kind of similar to what happened with Aragorn's jacket from proto to product.

It's actually pretty bizarre how Jack changed from proto to production, and surprising cuz usually Hot Toys just gets better. The proto had dark charcoal pants, they got corrected, the boots were way too light, they were darkened (maybe a little too much but they look better nonetheless), The vest shirt was more black than blue, it turned out a correct shade of blue. All of those improvements, but then they have the jacket, a great color and pretty movie accurrate material, and they end up giving him a jacket that is not movie accurrate in color or material. Now, the jacket on the production figure is very nice, and you can enjoy the figure despite it's flaws, but it's a very baffling thing to see so many things wrong get fixed by the time he shipped, but one of the things they had totally right changed for the worse. Oh well, still a phenominal figure.

Seems every figure must have at least one gaff... and even though I don't have the figure yet, it seems like considering the rest of the figures quality its one I can easily live with.

It's actually pretty bizarre how Jack changed from proto to production, and surprising cuz usually Hot Toys just gets better. The proto had dark charcoal pants, they got corrected, the boots were way too light, they were darkened (maybe a little too much but they look better nonetheless), The vest shirt was more black than blue, it turned out a correct shade of blue. All of those improvements, but then they have the jacket, a great color and pretty movie accurrate material, and they end up giving him a jacket that is not movie accurrate in color or material. Now, the jacket on the production figure is very nice, and you can enjoy the figure despite it's flaws, but it's a very baffling thing to see so many things wrong get fixed by the time he shipped, but one of the things they had totally right changed for the worse. Oh well, still a phenominal figure.

Sometimes it's the lighting as well... Usually those HT promo pics are taken under bright light so the colours are fairly different.

Back