Final Fantasy XIII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to EB today and they don't even have the LE in their system :confused:

You should go check now. The thing is, Square-Enix is only releasing solid info about the game on the 13th of every month leading up its release, so you should contact your game store now to see if they have a pre-order available for the LE now.

I really want this game but I'm scarred of all the mixed reviews.

I think if you keep your expectations in check then FFXIII will be fulfilling. Sadly, the world has moved on from JRPGS, which is a genre that hasn't seen a lot of growth or innovation in almost a decade. Western RPGs have become so popular now, and a lot of the reviews reflect that preference.

People have been playing this live on justinTV since last year if you guys want to check it out (link below). Some of the broadcasters even broadcast in very high quality, somewhere just below 720p I would say. Just look at all the pictures on the list and see if you can spot a FF13 one. If you don't see anything then check back around midnight through 3AM because that's primetime and there's lots of broadcasts.

I'm still wondering what the theme song is going to be like now that they've gotten rid of the original japanese one and replaced it with Leona Lewis's "My Hands" which by itself sounds ok but it's not written at all for the game...

https://zh-tw.justin.tv/directory?order=hot&lang=ja

Apparently these are PS3 vs 360 pics. PS3 looks a lot smother in the original size imo.

ffxiii_event03_02.jpg

PS3
ffxiii_event01.jpg

According to The Magicbox (who got their info from Gamespark), the PS3 version will be nearly two times the size as the 360 version. 360 will take up about 18 GB, while the PS3 will take up 38...

So take that for whatever it's worth.

Squenix confirmed 3 discs for 360, so that's 8GB x3 = 24 GB. Assuming all those discs are full. FF7's last disc was pretty much just the last boss battle, so who knows??

All I know is, I wasn't enthralled with FF12, so I might just sit this one out, unless this one gets rave reviews. But then again, every time a FF game comes out it gets rave reviews, it's not till a year or two later, when people start saying "Yeah, that one sucked."

I kinda hope this one has LESS stuff to do. FF12 still taunts me with all those ridiculous beast hunts. It's like I feel like I should complete it, because I want to get everything out of it, but all that grinding is just lame.

There is no excuse for more than one disc this gen.

So wait the 360 needs 3 discs because it's on DVD, but the PS3 has one disc due to blu-ray storage space?

Yup, that's pretty much how it is.

It's pretty funny, it reminds me of the FF7 ad with the 2-page spread of the Junon Cannon and the tagline, "You Can't Fit This on a Cartridge".

That is quite a noticeable difference! Does the 360 not have enough resources to add some Anti-aliasing to the graphics? Looks jagged and blocky. :lol

Honestly, I think the Xbox 360 has the capability, but considering that it was developed for PS3 I'm guessing they didn't work as hard to make it look as good.

It actually looks like it's running at a lower resolution. Some other shots show it more, and most games render at 720p and this much be less---honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the render resolution for the 360 version was somewhere just a bit north of SD

darthviper said:
It actually looks like it's running at a lower resolution. Some other shots show it more, and most games render at 720p and this much be less---honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the render resolution for the 360 version was somewhere just a bit north of SD

Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. If I remember right, there are a number of 360 games that didn't run at actual 720p. One would be Halo 3 and possibly ODST. And this extends to why I don't think the 360 could handle the burden of anti-aliasing if you're right and the 360 port of FFXIII doesn't run at the same res as the ps3 version.

I tried to take one of those cardboard stand up thingies that they set up in stores. It didn't happen :(

So you just tried to grab one and run out of the store? :lol

I thought about that at first but then my conscience kicked in :lol

I asked and they said they were going to be needing it for the next month or two.

Will try again!

Back