Final Fantasy VI coming to PSN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...........FAIL.

I revised my opinion.

One by one:

FF - One of the best NES games ever
FF2 - Decent game. Never finished.
FF3 - never played
FFIV - never played
FFV - AMAZING game
FFVI AMAZING game
FFVII - Medicore. Good musical score. Story drags.
FFVIII - Terrible.
FFIX - Not bad.
FFX - Hated it
FFXI - Hated it.
FFXII - Hated it
FFXIII - Hated it
FFXIV - Never played it

A remake of VI would be cool. FFIV has two remakes now and VI has nothing. IV has the 3D one like you mentioned and the PSP one with the traditional look, but more pleasing to the eye like FF1 and 2 on the PSP. It also has those two extra stories that take place after FFIV...

I agree with you on a lot, but I'm the opposite of you with VIII and VII. It's all personal preference of course, but I'm not crazy about VIII's high school anime approach that they were going off of (was popular at the time) and I thought there was a difference between being introverted and being a complete jackass like Squall. I preferred Cloud because he opened up sooner and he has one of my favorite plot twists. Really liked the idea that he was pretty weak and couldn't withstand the mako treatment and stuff like a SOLDIER and even though it was unintentional, he stole Zack's SOLDIER identity in a way even though Zack died saving him (seems like a crappy thing to do, but again unintentional) and generally just how unstable Cloud is sometimes. Oddly enough, I still haven't played FFVI despite its great reception so I'm excited to give it a shot. I've heard it has a better story than VII, but VII's character development is stronger because of Cloud, but I'll wait until I play it myself to actually judge it. Cloud is my favorite video game character, but I'll keep an open mind when I play FFVI. :)

That's cool, man. I understand your opinion on this. It's certainly a popular stance with the general jrpg crowd that FF7 is the most beloved of the PS1-era FF games. FF8 I think is still considered the least favorite one from that generation and that could be why I like it so much.

I played FF7 about a year after if first came out and I liked it back then. It was really ground-breaking at the time and it's graphics were nice. It really was the 'quantum leap' game in the series. FF7 changed the genre forever and because of that I'll always respect it...but I don't love the game. I didn't like the setting and story. It felt like a bizarre mish-mash of different styles that never clicked together for me. The story itself is convoluted and rather silly when you sit back and think about it. It only got worse when Square decided to further pervert FF7 with lame continuations like FF Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus.

I revised my opinion.

One by one:

FF - One of the best NES games ever
FF2 - Decent game. Never finished.
FF3 - never played
FFIV - never played
FFV - AMAZING game
FFVI AMAZING game
FFVII - Medicore. Good musical score. Story drags.
FFVIII - Terrible.
FFIX - Not bad.
FFX - Hated it
FFXI - Hated it.
FFXII - Hated it
FFXIII - Hated it

FFXIV - Never played it

Such a debbie downer, you are. :lol

FF - Boring.
FF2 - Alright.
FF3 - never played
FFIV - Great game.
FFV - No interest
FFVI- Never played.
FFVII - Amazing game.
FFVIII - Great game.
FFIX - Great game.
FFX - Great game.
FFXI - No interest
FFXII - No interest
FFXIII - No interest
FFXIV - No interest

FF - Boring.
FF2 - Alright.
FF3 - never played
FFIV - Great game.
FFV - No interest
FFVI- Never played.
FFVII - Amazing game.
FFVIII - Great game.
FFIX - Great game.
FFX - Great game.
FFXI - No interest
FFXII - No interest
FFXIII - No interest
FFXIV - No interest

ROFL you never played this FF VI??? What a ____ing noob wannabe gamer.

So is this just the normal VI game for the psn or is it the same VI collection that will be on the psp?

Last edited:
I never got around to playing this as 94 was full of great games I was playing at the time like Earthworm Jim, Donkey Kong Country, Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi I didn't even know what FF was then....I remember seeing the ads in Gamepro and stuff but my attention was turned elsewhere as a 9 year old.

4363428405_bc885d7ac8.jpg

I do remember wanting Earthbound much more just from the ads.

I never got around to playing this as 94 was full of great games I was playing at the time like Earthworm Jim, Donkey Kong Country, Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi I didn't even know what FF was then....I remember seeing the ads in Gamepro and stuff but my attention was turned elsewhere as a 9 year old.

4363428405_bc885d7ac8.jpg

I played all of those back then, including FFVI. All were great games but FFVI was the best. Actually, Super Star Wars: ROTJ wasn't as good as the Empire Strikes Back one and I remember it costing like $70-90. Good times.

I think part of it were the ads were everywhere. I don't remember one ad actually showing gameplay screens. It was all moogles, before I knew what those funny looking little white creatures were.

Heck the first RPG I played which was one of the last SNES games I got was Super Mario RPG. I'm not sure I would have had the attention span at the age of nine to play a FF game to be honest.

Back