Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you know what, I do have a complaint/beef about the Hicks head. I received and it looks great in fact he looks too good. Nobody told me what having a Les custom would do to the rest of my collection. He makes all the other USCMs look bad (I mean before I was thrilled with them but now they just lost their sparkle). I think they’re getting jealous and might revolt because they don’t look as good.:D

:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

True.... that's the sickness man... It takes hold. Seeing Les collection was enough to almost bring me to tears and got me excited to tackle more intricate customs myself. The man is one Hell of an artist, and an even better friend. :rock

You're the one getting Aragorn? I am SO jealous! Well, at least I can enjoy Faramir. I've never owned a one-of-a-kind collectible before. Still, I really wanna see the finished project. I can't get over how real the hair is on Faramir; he painted every strand so that it looks like there are layers and layers in it--it's so beautiful! Your Aragorn is going to look superb.

Yep, that's me.

HallOHickses4.jpg

Did you ever see "The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T"?

How about the 1962 version of "Cabinet of Caligari"?

Okay then....how about "Coma"?

:D

Les is King....

I can't stop admiring my FML Hicks and Punisher I just received. My eyes keep wandering and studying the fine details of the sculpts brought out by the superb paintjob. Between my Darkartist and FML repaints, my factory painted figures just seem like crap.

I got round to mounting my head on the figure today and just wanted to thank you again Les, your incredible work really brought this guy to life!

hicks_fml_mounted.jpg

One question though buddy, do you have any tips on painting the arms and hands so they match better with the facial skin tone. The arms are straight forward enough but Im worried about the hands due to the rubber material used. Any advice on the best paint to use etc?. I wonder why HT decied to use a bronze skin body for Hicks in the first place, a lighter skin one would have been more suitable I think since most people in the movie looked pretty pale lol

Last edited:
I got round to mounting my head on the figure today and just wanted to thank you again Les, your incredible work really brought this guy to life!

hicks_fml_mounted.jpg

One question though buddy, do you have any tips on painting the arms and hands so they match better with the facial skin tone. The arms are straight forward enough but Im worried about the hands due to the rubber material used. Any advice on the best paint to use etc?. I wonder why HT decied to use a bronze skin body for Hicks in the first place, a lighter skin one would have been more suitable I think since most people in the movie looked pretty pale lol

NIIICE Stendec!!! He looks great. Congrats guys...

The arms, don't know, ask Les or Josh (who did mine with hair and everything)

:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

True.... that's the sickness man... It takes hold. Seeing Les collection was enough to almost bring me to tears and got me excited to tackle more intricate customs myself. The man is one Hell of an artist, and an even better friend. :rock

Thanks Josh. You're a hell of a dude too! :rock

Hey Stendec, I can repaint the arms also. He has beaucoup armhair, and the tat on his left arm which I have on a signed reference shot, so if you want, I can paint them to match. I am doing so with some of the other guy's.
It is easier then telling you how. I use lots of colors and the hair is a toughie. Plus, how I do tattoos is hard to explain.
PM or email me and I will try, but I can repaint them to match.
Worse come to worse, you can always light sand them with 150 or higher grit sanding pads. At least they won't shine.

Les you're going to have to post some pictures when you do the tone and arm hair can't wait to see what it looks like.

Thanks Mike :). I thought you had ordered a spikey Hicks as well. I'd love to see pics of it mounted on the superb Hudson to Hicks conversion you did.

hicks_fml_mounted.jpg

Wow that hairstyle change look heaps more badass!
Nice pose too :D

That is one great-looking Hicks, Stendec! That is almost exactly how I want my Hicks to look when he's done. Great work on all the small detailing, too!:rock:rock:rock

Btw, my very own "Lesterized" Hicks heads should be here any day now!!!:chew:chew:chew

Thanks Mudshark, good to see you back too!

Yeah Im pleased with how my Hicks is shaping up, but he still isnt finished, even with Les's excellent new headsculpt lol I still need to weather the body armor and bdu's, add some rubber trim to the neck of the torso armor, finish my headset and apply the markings on the back of his armor. Then . .maybe lol . . he'l be done haha.

Hey guys. Quick version.
Yesterday, at about 1pm. my hard drive crashed.
Today, after much pain, anguish and serious gnashing of teeth, I am riding high on my new Dell system.

Bear with me, as I lost any unsaved or backed up image files, and much more.
BUT, I am still here.
Lost some great image programs, as well as Microsoft frikkin' word, so I can't compose a letter until I figure out what this thing has on it. (Windows Vista for one...)
Nice new wide screen though. I CAN SEE! :monkey1

Anyway, got to relearn and catch up a bit.
Please note, PM me at this new name, Les Walker, and NOT to figuremasterles or any other name, so I can actually receive your PM's. Thanks.

No rest for the weary.

Nice new computer though! :rock
That other thing I had was six years old and SLOW compared to this one. Nice to be in the 21st Century. Finally! :D

Oh, and everyone, please only email me at my hotmail address ONLY for a while.
Thanks all.

More to come!

(And thanks yet again, Darklord Dave! )

Damn Les!! The classic Les Walker workstation died... :monkey2

Well, at least you are upgraded now and bounced back from it. I'm glad to see that everything is ok. If you need anything just let me know man... :duff

Damn Les!! The classic Les Walker workstation died... :monkey2

Well, at least you are upgraded now and bounced back from it. I'm glad to see that everything is ok. If you need anything just let me know man... :duff

Yeah, :lol That old workstation is GONE! DEAD! Yanked and pulled from use.
Sadly... :monkey2 Along with a lot of unsaved family pictures... :monkey2 and my customer database...:monkey2:monkey2

SO, if I am working on something FOR YOU, PLEASE email me at this well posted and visible address, [email protected] and send me an email with what I am doing for you, and your mailing address, so I can rebuild my database and keep up with your stuff. Guessing is no good. Yes, I do have some of this info, but having it again would benefit both you and I. And I may can even give a good progress report back, sans the last two days of horror...

Thanks all.

Losing one's computer sucks pig balls! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back