Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:google That is one of the most dramatic changes from a repaint I have seen.
You have brought out the likeness in that sculpt and now that IS Ripley.
Who is the master? Sho' nuff.

Figuremaster Les said:
....and, like we said before...if our man Darren here, can do his redo magic on this, I'm talking angry, sweaty mussed up, and in full "Get away from her you B#C#H!" Mode!!! Man! Like THAT isn't what we all want!!!
Get to it Darren! Your beloved disciples await your magic touches on this one!
And get out that DVD and still frame that sucker and IMPRESS THAT FACE UPON THY BRAIN man! That is the face we want! :maul

so, no pressure then.............. :lol

I'm gonna do a normal resculpt first, make it Sigourney (the nose is completely the wrong shape, its not even close. Also the cheekbones, cheeks, jaw, and lips need changing.... but mainly the nose and lips)

once I've got that one, which can be used for most parts of the film.... I'll have at look at doing your power loader "get away from her you b***h!" Ripley, lol. It'll be a bit harder... but if I think a few people might want it then it'll be worth spending a few weeks on it. (I do have to say only if people want it though sadly, as I'll already have spent a few weeks on the main version... and.. y'know.... I've got a list as long as my arm of other new things I want to try my hand at, lol)

so... let me make the head look like Ripley first.... then once I have that base, I might do your angry version :):bow

hunky_artist said:
so, no pressure then.............. :lol

I'm gonna do a normal resculpt first, make it Sigourney (the nose is completely the wrong shape, its not even close. Also the cheekbones, cheeks, jaw, and lips need changing.... but mainly the nose and lips)

once I've got that one, which can be used for most parts of the film.... I'll have at look at doing your power loader "get away from her you b***h!" Ripley, lol. It'll be a bit harder... but if I think a few people might want it then it'll be worth spending a few weeks on it. (I do have to say only if people want it though sadly, as I'll already have spent a few weeks on the main version... and.. y'know.... I've got a list as long as my arm of other new things I want to try my hand at, lol)

so... let me make the head look like Ripley first.... then once I have that base, I might do your angry version :):bow

That sounds good to me!

I just got in your Obi-Wan head and it ROCKS! :rock

So, I am sure your Ripley will be super. Is she sculpted totally from scratch? Or is she an adaptation one? Either way, I want to see/buy/have/paint her! Let me know when orders open for her!

Figuremaster Les said:
Rip009.jpg

:google :google :google

You changed an "I can't believe that that is Ripley" into an "I can't believe that you changed that into Ripley". I am totally in disbelief right now.
Les you are the FigureMaster illusionist. :bow

Thanks Creech! Your "smelly" review on this day, cheers me up buddy! :D
Thanks all you guys! Master Vader, BD, Josh, Spidey, Hunky, all you guys!
Thanks.

Figuremaster Les said:
I just got in your Obi-Wan head and it ROCKS! :rock

So, I am sure your Ripley will be super. Is she sculpted totally from scratch? Or is she an adaptation one? Either way, I want to see/buy/have/paint her! Let me know when orders open for her!

Firstly, thanks about the Obi-Wan... glad you like it sir, can't wait to see it all painted up by you.

Secondly, it's a Hot Toys Ripley resculpt.... same kinda thing as I did with Anakin and Obi-Wan. Fingers crossed that I can make it as good as my previous resculpts. I'm confident I can, I've identified areas that need changing to make it Sigourney, so if nothing else it'll be fun to do!

and yeah...... after how you changed that original HT version... I cant wait to see you paint this future resculpt either!!

Darren

hunky_artist said:
I'll have at look at doing your power loader "get away from her you b***h!" Ripley, lol. It'll be a bit harder... but if I think a few people might want it then it'll be worth spending a few weeks on it. (I do have to say only if people want it though sadly, as I'll already have spent a few weeks on the main version... and.. y'know.... I've got a list as long as my arm of other new things I want to try my hand at, lol)

I'd certainly be interested in an angry head for my Power Loader Ripley....

Absolutely!

Not sure I ever posted this head or not... Call it, cleaning out the attic, postwise...

But, my repaint of the Character Options 10th Doctor head.

CO10thDoc001.jpg

For fun. Love that guy!

And, I am not always just 1/6!!

Here's my attempt at OLD Bruce Wayne, via Batman Beyond, one of my all-time favorite versions of the character.

OBW000222.jpg

OBW000111.jpg

PARTS USED: Body, Sat Night Live Goat boy body. Other hands from scraps, made cane from brass rod, Head: reworked DCD "President Superman" head with repaint. "ACE" dog made from repainted Tomb Raider playset dog.

FUN FUN FUN!

Last edited:
And one more.... some RARE Figuremaster 7 inch scale fun!

Anyone get that UGLY DC Direct Kelley Jones vampire Batman?
And not happy about it??? Because, you wanted a nice, plain, KELLEY JONES BATMAN, and not some ugly gargoyle thing???

Here's a quick fix using the extra Batman head that comes with the DCD "cowl-off" Batman....

Fill in the weird chest with putty, and paint up as needed...

Then...

Trim out the screaming face only part of the VapBat head...

KJR001.jpg

Trim out and move the "snake neck" back and resecure...

KJR002.jpg

Cut out the corresponding face of the extra masked DCD Jim Lee head...

KJR003.jpg

KJR004.jpg

Set lower face portion in place in open Jones Batman head....

KJR005.jpg

Putty and paint as needed.
(Finished guy)

KJR006.jpg

KJR007.jpg

Let me know if anyone even gets anything out of that! :D

Just a fun and totally extraneous HOW-TO for ya! (Can be applied to any scale figures!) :chew

Les

Hey Les, I was a huge fan of the Doug Moench/Kelley Jones run on Batman in the late 90's. Anyway, thanks for the how to, its a big improvement. I really dig that old Bruce from Batman Beyond repaint. Very cool, man.

Les could probably take some old Lego figures and turn them into masterpieces.:lol

That Old Bruce is Awesome. You are a master on all scales:maul

christ, the amount of work you went through for that batman........... I'm not sure I'd have the effort for that, lol. Excellent and inventive stuff as always

hunky_artist said:
christ, the amount of work you went through for that batman........... I'm not sure I'd have the effort for that, lol. Excellent and inventive stuff as always

I just posted that, since I was going through some old Photobucket stuff, and deleting, and just thought that someone here might could use the info.
I mean, why not. :D
Hope it helps someone figure out how to resolve some problem.

It is nervewracking figure surgery though. If you screw it up, without any backup...oops!

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

the newt looks awesome, and no doubt ripley kicks ass.
that batman customization was crafty too!!!

I sure love visiting your thread Les. Love the work you did on the Batman, pretty damn creative!

And, as has been said, that Ripley is PERFECT!

You do DCD Batman stuff too!!! Oh we should totally chat! I was heavy into Batman customs for a couple of years before I started collecting 1/6 scale stuff.

Yeah, that's how I felt when I visited him.... so many cool items just here and there... even stuff that was packed away... all magic. :monkey2

Just amazed me to no end. :bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back