Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rip009.jpg

I really like how you extended (painted) out the extra bits of hair.

Gives her that sweaty look.

That really adds to the realism of the repaint.

Awesome work les!!

:)

I must have read a dozen reviews on MWCTOYS.com where Michael reiterates how a paint job can make or break a sculpt. I can't think of a better example than this. I've always thought that Hot Toys humans look terribly "doll like," and Ripley more than most.
It's amazing how you've freed that beautiful sculpt!!!

Les,

You've outdone yourself again. That's the PERFECT Ripley face. Thanks for sharing the "how to" -- I'm always amazed how you put your figures together.

Wow that's really an amazing turn around for Ripley!!! Dying to paint the head on mine as it's killing me how awesome the rest of the figure is! Great stuff and VERY inspirational!!!!!:D

Perfect! I wish I were that talented. Just might have to get mine repainted now. Thanks for the pics Les!

Super repaint Les! Besides making her look more realistic, you really bring out the soul in the likeness.

I could wish that Hot-Toys had gone for a more determined, less serene look for Ripley. She's gonna look awefully relaxed in her Powerloader. Maybe she could be holding an alien in one claw and an enormous splif in the other!!

On a side note, my favorite Ripley will always be your completely customized pt. 3 version.

Another customization bar set higher by the master.
Outstandingly great job Les!! You truly do never cease to amaze!!
After I win the Mega Million lottery I'm moving you into the guest house and will pay you a hefty salary to make my dreams come true. {my 1:6 dreams , you pervs!! :lol }

Ironman1188 said:
Another customization bar set higher by the master.
Outstandingly great job Les!! You truly do never cease to amaze!!
After I win the Mega Million lottery I'm moving you into the guest house and will pay you a hefty salary to make my dreams come true. {my 1:6 dreams , you pervs!! :lol }

YOU'RE ON! :lol
Like I wouldn't just GO FOR IT forever with a full on studio and TIME!
Man! To dream!

Thanks so much guys! From Hunky and MY BOYZ MIke and Josh and all of you! Man! You make a fella feel like...well....great! Thanks.
ANd yeah Mike...she's a tad serene. I guess we'll have to see old Lonnie's followup on this....and, like we said before...if our man Darren here, can do his redo magic on this, I'm talking angry, sweaty mussed up, and in full "Get away from her you B#C#H!" Mode!!! Man! Like THAT isn't what we all want!!!
Get to it Darren! Your beloved disciples await your magic touches on this one!
And get out that DVD and still frame that sucker and IMPRESS THAT FACE UPON THY BRAIN man! That is the face we want! :maul

So...onward we go!

And by the way, Ripley is not too much to change. I admit I added some starkness to her face that is not there in some overall painting, and I wanted it to match her neck better as it is rubber, but for the novice collector and repainter, just a hair and eye iris repaint, with a slight lightening of her lips, will do wonders! Remember the color Burnt Umber! It is your friend where Ripley is concerned! Use it post haste!

Oh, and use some 150 grit fine sanding pads and lightly sand her arms!!!!! Evenly and in rotary motions! Looks MUCH better! No paint needed on them unless you want her dirtier.

Thanks Gruff.

What's funny is...I am repainting some of your's now, at long last...and I have had your Marilyn in progress while I was painting Ripley. Helped me to get back into the female face paint thing working them (and Emma too!)together. But, I just hope one didn't affect the other! :lol
Maybe Ripley is a bit too placid! Let's just hope I get finished with Marilyn and she's not looking like she's ready to kick Alien a$$ somehow! :rotfl

But thanks fella! :D

Once again you've done an amazing job Les. Ripley and Newt look both fantastic!

Awesome job, Les! You worked wonders for that sculpt! I love Newt too, excellent work!

Thanks for the heads up on the Burnt Umber, Les... Will put that to good use once my Ripley arrives. She mostly comes at night.....mostly. :lol

Oh and isn't it odd how both of our avatar's/titles got so damn similiar? :rotfl

For me, it all goes back to that kickass viewing of Aliens with the commentary that one night... Coolest day I've experienced, all having to do with one film. :rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back