Figure Box Storage Solutions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been collecting movie related toys and collectables for 42 years and one thing I have realized is that almost everyone eventually decides to sell all or part of their collection.

Now that the original mark 2-7 are re-released in die cast I'm sure plenty of the members here are selling their plastic versions and I bet some of those wish they had all of the packaging to go with the figures

That's because there's no focus in the collection.

Theres a difference between collectors and hoarders.

People with 12+ pre order in their signature aren't most likely selective on the piece they want and either have a mansion/castle to expose them all (in which case they don't need storage advice and will probably never need to sell anything) or there's $3000 of figures cramped in a $80 non lighted non dustproof detolf to the point that you can only see 5% of some of the figures (basically the headscult and maybe the neck & shoulders)
They're most likely the ones who will sell 5+ figures in on go.

There's absolutely no problem with that tho, if that's how you like to collect.

The focused collector can have even items from the 80's or 50's he'll never let go because each piece is a matured decision with a special place and not the new spicy Friday PO that need shelf presence in itself due to poor shelf planning and non dynamic stand limiting the posing and inducing "boringness" in a figure.

If you do sell it there's plenty of alternatives for shipping, mainly foam you can cut yourself pretty easily, that is way better than the cheap plastics hot-toys 1/6 come with, but the real reason people keep the boxes is that they hope to get a profit from a figures and that's a whole other story.

Haha! Ditto!

Aside from keeping some of the artwork, everything else gets tossed. I don’t buy to sell, and when I’m dead I don’t care what happens to the stuff.

damn. I don't buy to sell either but throwing away anything that comes with a figure depresses me haha. It's a shame though because I know when i die, my wife and future **** head kids will just sell everything for pennies on the dollar

As an aside to this, it's probably a bad idea to leave plastic toys in plastic inserts for years. Especially with rubber pieces. Check out the avengers 1 hulk and iron monger figure threads for pics of people who did just that.

Play with your toys :)

Too lazy to go through the threads...what happened to them???

A few people, they probably live in an amazon rainforest, but their figure started to breakdown in the packaging. Thats what prompted me to open them.

Always will wonder about that kind of thing. Because HT will never tell what their figs are made of. So while it's pretty well known that humid tropical conditions affffect pleather costumes, is a sealed fig affected if it can't off -gas, even kept in cool dry conditions? Figured it did, and anyway I mess with my figs all the time. Someone here said once to expect a 10 year life span more or less.

Since I don't plan on selling and wonder what the market would be anyway for old figs after the Marvel hype dies down - this thread has me thinking about the box issue again. I'd probably collapse everyrhing and stuff into plastic tubs, except the best artwork boxes. If and when I sell my figs are definitely used. No way to predict a market for something like that and by then I might have some plastic degrading. If I were going to sell it would be now.

Recycling the plastic trays and just using cut foam if ever needed is a good idea. Re moving I'd probably use bubble wrap and plastic tubs anyway.

I have a big closet, but I also have a storage bed that works great. I love it!.

azjdqr.jpg

You guys know there is a market for the art boxes on ebay right?

Sell a few of those boxes your throwing out and you could basically get a free figure.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

You guys know there is a market for the art boxes on ebay right?

Sell a few of those boxes your throwing out and you could basically get a free figure.....

How much do they go for on average? If it's 50 bucks or less, it would cost me more to sell them than to collapse them or throw them away. Unless people buy them in lots I guess.

How much do they go for on average? If it's 50 bucks or less, it would cost me more to sell them than to collapse them or throw them away. Unless people buy them in lots I guess.

As a seller of over 1000+ on ebay. Seller fees are not that much.

If you sold 4 boxes for 25.00 each your fees would amount to 10.00 Payment though PayPal costs nothing. Shipping is the buyers responsibility.

Thats a net of 90.00 for you.

So here’s my issue:
I tried using packaging wrap but I read that because it’s made with oil, it creates an oily substance. I want to protect everything for storage but I need a better solution. I don’t have room to keep them out on shelves though. I need inside of the box thinking 😂

So here’s my issue:
I tried using packaging wrap but I read that because it’s made with oil, it creates an oily substance. I want to protect everything for storage but I need a better solution. I don’t have room to keep them out on shelves though. I need inside of the box thinking ��

Are you talking about just like plastic wrap? I don't know any that comes oily.

Does anyone here display their art boxes? I'm thinking of doing that (but I don't have a huge collection at this moment). I've seen some people on YouTube who display their art boxes such as Dean Knight and I like how it looks.

Had the majority of my boxes in a walk-in closet, but would really like to use that space for, I dunno, anything else XD

Put up one of these racks in the garage, and wrapped the boxes in bunches. Wife said it looked like I was wrapping bricks of heroin for a cartel.

Used a big roll of pallet wrap I had lying around. This keeps moisture and creepy crawlies out, so I feel better about keeping them "out" of the house.

Was able to move about half the boxes out of the closet this way, for long term storage.
7a02735be4e92c6bd10306eb1909ab43.jpg
ff08ab3de32340c4322d2c84c443c6f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Does anyone here display their art boxes? I'm thinking of doing that (but I don't have a huge collection at this moment). I've seen some people on YouTube who display their art boxes such as Dean Knight and I like how it looks.

Like the idea of displaying some of mine - like the DS #1 and others have great art IMO - but for me it's back to the dust problem. Everyone's region is different. I know for me I wouldn't be as good as dusting as I should either.

I sort of use Cupcake's great idea:clap e.g. vertical space. E.g. Origami 4-shelf large wheeled collapsible shelf - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Origami-...Heavy-Duty-Storage-Organizational-Unit-Black/

But u can get in different colors if u shop around - white, red, blue,green etc. at Home Shopping Network, Amazon, Bed Bath Beyond etc.. Costs ~$100 but it's a workhorse and last a lifetime. Strong enough to even display poly statues but also you can roll around and fold up. I also cut boards to fit shelves, cover w. carpet, and cats use too LOL. Folks use these for TV stands, books, etc. I can stack quite a lot of boxes on one of these - I put the boxes back in their shipping boxes and stack up. If u shop around a lot of times u can get a free shipping deal or get on sale.

Back