Figure Box Storage Solutions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Debt

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a ton of figures and like most of you know that meansI have a tons of partially empty boxes that I have to hold onto

This may be a boring thread but I think it might benefit some members of thecommunity

I store my figure boxes in 24 x 18x18 moving boxes

It seems to be the best size for this purpose. Here are some typical pack outs for a singlebox

• All 6 die cast original marks (2-7) should fit into a singlebox with room for an odd ball figure in the middle
  • 10 normal figures with room on top for thinner SSC figuressuch all those from the Star Wars or GI Joe lines
  • 4 or 6 of the larger dies cast figures with room for oddball figures around them
  • Hulk and Igor fit in a single box
  • Hulk bust does not fit in one of these boxes

When a box gets full I use peanuts and other empty boxes tofill the voids which allows me to stack these 6 high.

I also maintain an inventory of what’s in each box forreference

I collapse the brown shippers and keep them in a separate box

Here are a few pack outs

I take and collapse all the brown shipper boxes as well. But for the art boxes, I usually put some of them up on some high shelves along the walls. They're going to take up room no matter what, so may as well display some of the great art on them. The exception is usually the Star Wars boxes, which are boring as all get out.

I keep my hot toys boxes, but collapse all others. Someday, I'll have to start collapsing the hot toys boxes too.

I thought about shelves running along the walls near the ceiling to store them but I don't know.

I keep my hot toys boxes, but collapse all others. Someday, I'll have to start collapsing the hot toys boxes too.

I thought about shelves running along the walls near the ceiling to store them but I don't know.

Are you saying you intend to collapse the brown shippers or the art boxes too???

Why collapse the brown boxes? Might as well just keep the art boxes in them if you don't plan on collapsing the art boxes. You don't save THAT much space by doing that.

Why collapse the brown boxes? Might as well just keep the art boxes in them if you don't plan on collapsing the art boxes. You don't save THAT much space by doing that.

Yeah, I keep mine all in the shippers and put them in larger boxes too. I keep the cellophane around art box too; basically just as it came to me. I keep the accessories in other boxes so I don't have to go in and out of the real boxes.

my favorite storage solution for boxes

1506014473-gettyimages-92397685.jpg

Living in Tokyo, space is extremely limited. So, all my boxes go out with the garbage after getting the figures.

Two Reasons

1. Not all of my figures have brown shippers, so it's more consistent packing

In almost every case the extra width and depth when you add with the brown shipper screws you. on normal figures yo can not fit 2 side by side and instead of 10 only 8 fit. On die cast you can squeeze a normal figure between the 2 die cast figures and nothing fits in the middle, I could go on but suffice to say the brown shippers screw everything up

Getting the art box out of the brown shipper to get to the stuff in the art box is a PITA

I trash brown shippers. Someday I'll collapse the art boxes.

So you going to throw away the Styrofoam or clear plastic tray inserts? If so, what the point of keeping the art box

Haha! Ditto!

Aside from keeping some of the artwork, everything else gets tossed. I don’t buy to sell, and when I’m dead I don’t care what happens to the stuff.

I'm actually considering leaving detailed instructions on my figures for my girlfriend lol. I take all my accessories out of the boxes so they'd have to be found and put back and all that. I'm only 35, but if anything random ever happened to me, I know my gf will just get rid of my **** instead of packing them up and selling them.

Two Reasons

1. Not all of my figures have brown shippers, so it's more consistent packing

In almost every case the extra width and depth when you add with the brown shipper screws you. on normal figures yo can not fit 2 side by side and instead of 10 only 8 fit. On die cast you can squeeze a normal figure between the 2 die cast figures and nothing fits in the middle, I could go on but suffice to say the brown shippers screw everything up

Getting the art box out of the brown shipper to get to the stuff in the art box is a PITA

So you going to throw away the Styrofoam or clear plastic tray inserts? If so, what the point of keeping the art box

I like the artwork on most hot toys figures. So those boxes I keep for now, but one day they Will need to be collapsed and folded.

The other boxes, mostly sideshow, are pretty generic, I fold those up. I throw the plastic trays and Styrofoam away. The accessories I put in zip loc bags and label them to keep track of where it comes from.

I think I'm around 100 hot toys figures now, those boxes add up pretty quick. I don't know how many sideshow and misc boxes I have, but it's more than hot toys.

It just wasn't practical to have an entire room devoted to empty boxes for the main reason to increase resell value, especially when I almost never sell or trade anything. Keeping brown shippers seems odd to me, but I understand why people think they need them. If I had only 10 or 20 figures I would feel the same way.

As an aside to this, it's probably a bad idea to leave plastic toys in plastic inserts for years. Especially with rubber pieces. Check out the avengers 1 hulk and iron monger figure threads for pics of people who did just that.

Play with your toys :)

I'm actually considering leaving detailed instructions on my figures for my girlfriend lol. I take all my accessories out of the boxes so they'd have to be found and put back and all that. I'm only 35, but if anything random ever happened to me, I know my gf will just get rid of my **** instead of packing them up and selling them.

I told my wife at one point if she wanted to make some money after I’m gone she should try to sell the stuff on eBay or something (she knows how expensive this hobby is), but she just laughed and said “***** that!”; so she’s either going to have a garage sale and sell them for $1.00 a piece, or they’re going in the dumpster (so for anyone in the western Wisconsin area — about 40 miles east of the Minnesota Twin Cities — keep your eyes peeled for a garage sale, you could make a nice haul).

…...for the main reason to increase resell value, especially when I almost never sell or trade anything.......

I have been collecting movie related toys and collectables for 42 years and one thing I have realized is that almost everyone eventually decides to sell all or part of their collection.

Now that the original mark 2-7 are re-released in die cast I'm sure plenty of the members here are selling their plastic versions and I bet some of those wish they had all of the packaging to go with the figures

I am always buying and selling, I don't have infinite space or money. If I have gotten things I like better, I'd rather sell older stuff on to someone else rather than bury it in storage and wait for a water leak to destroy all the things I forgot I had. As such I keep all the boxes and parts, never know. Also these toys won't last forever, so if I'm out of room to display and enjoy them, time to consider what I'm even keeping them for.

Back