Figma and Revoltech Collecting Thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it just feels weird not having it. Still pretty cool looking, though I'm not preordering yet.

heekyunggx31449296755.jpeg

Link is looking good!

It's rumored that Bandai-Tamashii is possibly looking at the Legend of Zelda license, along with Metroid and perhaps other Nintendo ones.

They listed it on a recent Survey in the Tamashii booth. Usually when they do that, it means that Bandai is looking to perhaps make figures from those franchises. They do have the Mario license afterall.

I saw that, I wonder who won the survey? I'd say Tamashii would do Nintendo as a whole, and think they could do well with both Zelda and Metroid. In particular Metroid since their Iron Man figures are great.

Nice photo. Can't wait to add this to the collection. SHF Zelda with playsets. Yes please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link is looking good!

It's rumored that Bandai-Tamashii is possibly looking at the Legend of Zelda license, along with Metroid and perhaps other Nintendo ones.

They listed it on a recent Survey in the Tamashii booth. Usually when they do that, it means that Bandai is looking to perhaps make figures from those franchises. They do have the Mario license afterall.

Yeah they've had LoZ as an option for their "what would you like to see" question for the last couple comic cons. I always check mark it. And then i take the survey again using a different email to check it again :lol

I saw that, I wonder who won the survey? I'd say Tamashii would do Nintendo as a whole, and think they could do well with both Zelda and Metroid. In particular Metroid since their Iron Man figures are great.

I don't see Metroid doing well because outside of Samus, none of the other characters are really well known (Ridley, Mother Brain, Kraid, etc.). Business-wise, I'd skip the Metroid license.

Legend of Zelda has much more promise. Many different iterations of Link, Zelda and Ganon to create as well as additional characters.

Getting the Nintendo license as a whole...or even going strong and getting a "Smash Bros." license would be awesome.

But they'd make decent figures because of the armor design, like they did with Iron Man's design. There's a lot of armors they could do, but they should do it only when Metroid has a new game coming out finally.

I could see Bandai going all out with Nintendo, at least compared to GSC. Though they'd be limited on some Nintendo licenses possibly.

But they'd make decent figures because of the armor design, like they did with Iron Man's design. There's a lot of armors they could do, but they should do it only when Metroid has a new game coming out finally.

I could see Bandai going all out with Nintendo, at least compared to GSC. Though they'd be limited on some Nintendo licenses possibly.

Very true, but still...Samus armor variation aren't "well-known" aside from her usual "Varia Suit" and the Zero-suit. I could probably name only two others from the top of my head.

Going after the Nintendo license "as a whole" would be the way to go. Jakks has got that 'World of Nintendo' going on...so why can't Bandai-Tamashii? That opens up Metroid, Legend of Zelda, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, etc.

Personally, I'd LOVE a Captain Falcon!

But I wonder how GSC is handling the Nintendo license. Is it broader than the characters we've seen? Or are they on a very limited "per-character/game" contract? They've been all over with Mario, Luigi, Samus, Skyward Sword Link, then now with Kirby, Lucina and "Between Worlds" Link.

Is it possible that GSC's contract with Nintendo is almost done?

Very true, but still...Samus armor variation aren't "well-known" aside from her usual "Varia Suit" and the Zero-suit. I could probably name only two others from the top of my head.

Going after the Nintendo license "as a whole" would be the way to go. Jakks has got that 'World of Nintendo' going on...so why can't Bandai-Tamashii? That opens up Metroid, Legend of Zelda, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, etc.

Personally, I'd LOVE a Captain Falcon!

But I wonder how GSC is handling the Nintendo license. Is it broader than the characters we've seen? Or are they on a very limited "per-character/game" contract? They've been all over with Mario, Luigi, Samus, Skyward Sword Link, then now with Kirby, Lucina and "Between Worlds" Link.

Is it possible that GSC's contract with Nintendo is almost done?

F4F managed to sell 1,000 copies of a $365 exclusive version light suit Samus statue. Samus suit variations will sell at figuarts prices.

F4F managed to sell 1,000 copies of a $365 exclusive version light suit Samus statue. Samus suit variations will sell at figuarts prices.

I agree. I'm just saying the Metroid character catalog as a whole isn't as well-known as other Nintendo franchises.

Back