Figma and Revoltech Collecting Thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figma Red

b1-3.jpg

What does Figma red mean?

"Red" is the character's name - he's the protagonist of Pokemon Red.

I'm probably picking him up, Pokemon Red was the first game I ever beat.

I tried ordering it from GoodSmileShop and they won't allow it to be shipped to my address. Very disappointing but I understand. Still very excited for the release. May have to purchase an Exclusive on eBay some day.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bonus only for Hong Kong, Korea, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and Singapore :mad:
medias

That's a weird list of exclusive countries :( I don't hate exclusive stores, but the country exclusives are annoying. Well, I can live without Pikachu.

That's a weird list of exclusive countries :( I don't hate exclusive stores, but the country exclusives are annoying. Well, I can live without Pikachu.
It's only the winking Pikachu. The regular release will still include a Pikachu.

Ordered the winking Pikachu one, I think the figure looks really promising.

Received Revoltech Venom, Figma Saber 2.0 and Midoriya Izuku in the mail today. All of them are amazing figures.

Venom is really cool. Saber 2.0 is unbelievable. Great accessories. Midoriya Izuku is outstanding but is a very bare bone release. Looking forward to more from Good Smile. I have the exclusive version coming later this month also.

Received Revoltech Venom, Figma Saber 2.0 and Midoriya Izuku in the mail today. All of them are amazing figures.

Venom is really cool. Saber 2.0 is unbelievable. Great accessories. Midoriya Izuku is outstanding but is a very bare bone release. Looking forward to more from Good Smile. I have the exclusive version coming later this month also.

The variety of solid, talented, and innovative 1/12-scale figure companies in Asia (particularly Japan) allows for such robust competition that these companies constantly strive to "out-do" each other and in the end, the customers benefit. Bandai/Tamashii Nations, Good Smile Co. (Figma), Kaiyodo (Revoltech), and some others keep setting the bar higher and higher that it makes for a fruitful market and excellent releases. Even the figurelines or licenses I don't collect I'm constantly impressed.

The US-based market has REALLY gone downhill since the Toy Biz/Marvel Legends-era. Mattel's DC lines are all a joke and not comparable to Hasbro's Marvel Legends...and that's not saying much given how Hasbro has handled the Marvel Legends line. Not that ML is TERRIBLE, but the constant re-use of "base body" sculpts, lack of accessories and paints for some of the figures don't make them worth the price-point. This is even including Hasbro's Star Wars line...once again, it's about average, but when comparable to Tamashii's Star Wars figures...it's a no-brainer on which are the superior figures.

The only US-based company that has really stood out in recent times is Mezco's One:12 line. Yes, there is a higher price-point factored in, but when compared to the quality of how some figures USED to be...

Just got my preorder arrival notice from BBTS for my Figma twilight princess Link. Anyone have any idea when Princess Zelda will start hitting?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for that!

Also, it's interesting you bring up the quality of Hasbro. I totally agree with everything you said. While I think Toy Biz was also guilty of reusing base bodies back then, there was still a variety in their line.

But for me, the major disappointment with Hasbro's Marvel Legends is that the paint quality seems to lack that extra something that Toy Biz used to have. There's something about that Toy Biz matte finish on their paint that really sold the quality. While I do like some of the paint apps for the faces on Hasbro MLs, the body paint apps just seems so bland and boring. I attribute it too the gloss finish which make it look like the figures are made of cheap plastic. Also the obvious lack of retooling to their base bodies. It just seems like they simply slap a different paint app on the base bodies or just cast it in the character's color in order to differentiate each character. And that just seems lazy. And given what we got with Toy Biz back in the day, there's really nothing innovative coming out of the Hasbro ML line.

In my opinion it's criminal what they charge for the Hasbro ML figures. But in the end, I don't really mind as that keeps me from having to invest in another line. I know there's a lot of love out there for Hasbro's ML, but it would be cool if they would just step it up.

Back