Fertility Idol prop replica--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent a mail to customer service asking about when final product pics will be available and this is the answer I received:

"The Fertility Idol Prop Replica has arrived into our warehouse and the final product is the same as what is pictured on our website. A request has been submitted to our Web Team to remove the Prototype statement."

So it seems the mouth will stay like it is. I have wanted a replica of the golden idol for such a long time but the non-screen accuracy will most likely bug me so I'll probably cancel my order and wait for an eventual price reduction on it. I may be able to live with it if I get it on sale, or I'll just have to get around to searching for an screen accurate non-licensed version instead. It actually surprises me a little bit that Lucasfilm approved this, but perhaps they regard the idol that's depicted in the Lucasfilm Archives book as the "proper" one. Sad.

I sent a mail to customer service asking about when final product pics will be available and this is the answer I received:

So it seems the mouth will stay like it is. I have wanted a replica of the golden idol for such a long time but the non-screen accuracy will most likely bug me so I'll probably cancel my order and wait for an eventual price reduction on it. I may be able to live with it if I get it on sale, or I'll just have to get around to searching for an screen accurate non-licensed version instead. It actaully surprises me that Lucasfilm approved this, but perhaps they regard the idol that's depicted in the Lucasfilm Archives book as the proper one. Sad.

You will be paying a pretty penny for a non-licensed one but more power to you. I will be getting the Sideshow one because I think it looks damn good.

You will be paying a pretty penny for a non-licensed one but more power to you. I will be getting the Sideshow one because I think it looks damn good.

It looks fantastic and I am glad I can overlook minor inaccuracies (yes I do consider the corners of the mouth being a little different as minor) and appreciate a cool looking replica.

The Fertility Idol Prop Replica has arrived into our warehouse and the final product is the same as what is pictured on our website.
So, so sad. I'm on the verge of cancelling myself now. In time the base will be worth more than the idol itself. That is the only special thing about this package. You could get an idol like Sideshow (even better actually) is giving us on Ebay for the last 15 years. We're even seeing more plated versions as well so Sideshow has given us nothing at all special here whatsoever except the base. Being that I'm used to disappointment I'm not at all surprised by any of this and that they didn't listen to the core fans one bit, yet again.

I had to cancel my pre-order, but the only reason was because of limited cash right now. Sigh...this thing is going to look great!

It looks fantastic and I am glad I can overlook minor inaccuracies (yes I do consider the corners of the mouth being a little different as minor) and appreciate a cool looking replica.

It is not a replica if it does not replicate what was on the screen. At best you can call this "archival footage replica not used in movie" or some title like that.

It is not a replica if it does not replicate what was on the screen. At best you can call this "archival footage replica not used in movie" or some title like that.

Sure if you want to get technical but there is not a person in this world who would look at it (who has seen ROTLA) and not know exactly what it is even with the minor inaccuracies. And just to let you know NOTHING that any collectibles company produces ever will replicate what was on the screen 100%.

This is supposed to start shipping this week. I'm still quite worried about the paint quality.

Fingers crossed....

I have no qualms about returning it if it comes crappy. According to sideshw though it looks just like the prototype.

See that's part of the problem, the paint may not even flake off for some time. Some people have received horrible chipped paint and some it happened over time. We shall see...:monkey2

Just got this. Interesting that it's a Split Shipment. I wonder where those of us who placed our orders at SDCC are on the list:

PROCESSING BEGINS: February 3, 2010
Item name: Fertility Idol Life-Size Prop Replica
Item #: 400036
Item price: $ 189.99
SPLIT SHIPMENT:
We will be receiving a split shipment of this item, and will be processing orders in the sequence in which orders for this item were placed. If your order is not processed at this time due to lack of available product or due to credit card decline or other policy issues, then you will be receiving another email notice when we are notified that the next shipment is on the way.

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing for this item on February 3, 2010. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order.

See that's part of the problem, the paint may not even flake off for some time. Some people have received horrible chipped paint and some it happened over time. We shall see...:monkey2

That's my other concern. It may well look good at first, but might chip or tarnish over time.

Back