Fell beast w ML or fell beast vs eagle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fell beast with ML or Fell beast vs Eagle?

• Fell beast with ML

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Fell beast vs eagle

Votes: 25 83.3%

• Total voters

tnaig001

Super Freak
Reaction score
Guys. Thinking between the two of these.

Can I get some opinions on which is better?

Thanks in advance.

Fell Beast vs. Gwaahir.

I have both pieces, and the Fell Beast with Morgul Lord is nice, but the Morgul Lord is very small and not very detailed.

The Nazgul on the Sideshow version, while not the Morgul Lord, is fairly detailed for the scale.

You can't go wrong with either choice, but I'd go with Sideshow's version over Sideshow Weta's if I had to.

Fell Beast vs. Gwaihir is the one I have & it's massive with amazing detail all around. Plus with the Eagles returning in The Hobbit this might be a nice dio to have.

Same as above! Bigger and better, more dynamic, more detailed, and the only Gwaihir/eagle statue we have! Ringwraith looks good too. One of the better products from LOTR by SS.

the piece with the eagle is beautiful, and the detail on it and the fell beast look great. The massive size is the only problem, make sure you have space for the 22" wingspan, and you'll love it. It's one piece I'm always surprised hasn't gone up in value more considering how well done it is.

Last edited:
The SS version is larger and therefore more detailed, something esp. noticable when comparing the ML to the Ringwraith. The addition of the Eagle is a real bonus, as is the fact SS's FB is grey, not purple....

ok. it's settled. fell beast vs eagle it is.

the first step down the slippery slope of LOTR diorama. :D

Good choice. I never owned the diorama, but did own the Fell Beast statue, it wa snice. But, I think the VS. piece is way better.

This is the latest thread involving the Fell Beast so I thought this would be as good a place as any to post...

Fell Beast and Morgul Lord auction

:horror That's a lot to spend on an artist proof compared to what a normal one goes for.

I saw that too. I did a double take when I saw the price and then noticed that SSC was the seller and figured that it was one of their charity auctions.

Last edited:

I guess I should read the newsletters more often. :lol I wonder why they didn't put in the actual auctions that it was for charity? Anyway, that may explain why the final price was that high. Although not to me personally, and I know that artist proofs are more desirable, I just didn't think they that they were really that much more desirable.

If it wasn't than that's kinda shady business. (but I'm pretty sure it was)

IMHO, I don't think so. Even if they where just selling it straight up, it's a long sold out item that's an artist proof not part of the regular edition. :)

Never did like the Weta offering, especially after seeing the ML up-close.

Gwaihir is just a big bonus.

update. received the statue this morning.

Overall, very nice detail for the scale it is in.

Unfortunately there were several places that had paint chips and rubs.

Contacted my LCS but they said mine was the last piece :gah:

They said I could return it for store credit. :(

Well onto the pics

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

Damage
IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

Back