FB Loki and RULK on sale at Bowen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know anything about "Rulk," but I think he looks awsome and if I can pick him up cheap on eBay later I will get him; FB just isn't my thing so Loki is a no go.

You just opened up a major...
SuperStock_1613R-10943.jpg

Well, since we both are looking for a Cyclops and Daredevil PF, I will say this, my personal take: Nothing beats the quality in a Sideshow PF. That said, over the last year I have picked up ALOT more Bowen FS than Sideshow products and I don't see that trend slowing down for me anytime soon. I don't know if you have seen them, but the Archangel, Modern Nova, and Mr. Sinister FS, but they are simply perfect and just in the last month I have picked up the Modern IM FS, Modern Ms. Marvel FS, and the Juggernaut FS (thanks P1X4R) and they are really nice.

Randy Bowen DID have a 4-5 FS that came out with really bad paint apps from a bad factory, but he has been open about the QC issues from this factory and made it clear that he has fired the factory and refunds will be given. Another good thing about Bowen, you can get them cheaper off eBay close to release and Bowen does not include an EX with EVERY FS. Randy also really listens to his fans and regularly discusses changes and tweaks to his products like changing Archangel's mask to be more narrow and Elektro's entire profile.

I think Bowen is really stepping up his products, but if he doesn't get the Marvel extension, we won't be seeing anymore FS from him.

Add Omega Red to that list... I know all the rave's about Odin, but Omega Red for me, takes the cake.. or at least a pretty large chunk of it :D

Well, since we both are looking for a Cyclops and Daredevil PF, I will say this, my personal take: Nothing beats the quality in a Sideshow PF. That said, over the last year I have picked up ALOT more Bowen FS than Sideshow products and I don't see that trend slowing down for me anytime soon. I don't know if you have seen them, but the Archangel, Modern Nova, and Mr. Sinister FS are simply perfect and just in the last month I have picked up the Modern IM FS, Modern Ms. Marvel FS, and the Juggernaut FS (thanks P1X4R) and they are really nice.

I will say that Archangel FS piece looks AMAZING! If I was going to buy ANY Bowen piece it would probably be that one.

SS Hulk PF is 1/4 scale, and Bowen's pieces are 1/6th scale although I'd swear some pieces (Black Knight for instance) are 1/7th...

Naw man, none of Bowen's pieces are 1/6 scale. They range from 1/7 to 1/8 scale (put a 1/6 figure next to them, or a Hard Hero statue and you'll see what I'm talking about). Bowen's pieces are roughly the same scale as SSC's dio's.

And I agree with you that with Bowen's current pricing trend, SSC's gives you more bang for your buck.

Red Hulk ordered...that FB Loki is a piece of ..Bowen needs to end that line already.

To be quite honest I think the FB line overcomes the major weakness of Bowen statues! The paint choices. Hulk is a perfect example. I can't stand the colors on him in green or grey. IMO the paint makes both look fairly cheap. The FB, however is freaking amazing! That proves its the paint as opposed to sculpt that turns me off.

Every time I see a rough unpainted Bowen sculpt my jaw drops and I think...MUST HAVE. In many many many cases, however, when I see the same sculpt painted...my interest drops considerably. So far Maestro and Planet Hulk are the only examples where I have kept my interest after seeing them painted.

Red Hulk for me, easy pass for the FB Loki.

I think it will be a Awesome display, if you have the FB Odin & Thor togeather with the FB Loki.

Pass on both. Don't like Rulk. I already have the painted Loki. The FB Loki does look weak. Waiting on Maestro.

Red Hulk ordered...that FB Loki is a piece of ..Bowen needs to end that line already.

agreed. Get a clue Randy. Quit cheapening what used to be a good thing.

CB100470.jpg

FB Loki will take longer to sell out than the symbiote black FB spiderman did, guaranteed.

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Naw man, none of Bowen's pieces are 1/6 scale. They range from 1/7 to 1/8 scale (put a 1/6 figure next to them, or a Hard Hero statue and you'll see what I'm talking about). Bowen's pieces are roughly the same scale as SSC's dio's.

And I agree with you that with Bowen's current pricing trend, SSC's gives you more bang for your buck.

Exacly what I was thinking! but some of them are on the large side [Luke cage, Odin] and most generally stand anywhere from 10" to 13" so won't that make them 1/6th?

I actually thought they were mostly 1/6th though as they are slightly taller than some of my 1/7th scale statues... :rolleyes:

But thanks for clearing that up

which is why I am waiting for these to hit ebay

Agreed! Just bought a FB Thor on Ebay for $260 in combination with an 11% live discount and 2% ebay bucks ensentive. After discounts Thor cost me just over $250 shipped...which is $100 off os MSRP before shipping! So if FB thor is avialable for that amount...FB loki will be even lower!

Agreed! Just bought a FB Thor on Ebay for $260 in combination with an 11% live discount and 2% ebay bucks ensentive. After discounts Thor cost me just over $250 shipped...which is $100 off os MSRP before shipping! So if FB thor is avialable for that amount...FB loki will be even lower!
Great deal. I'm gonna wait for eBay, too. I picked up my FB Odin for under $150. As such, I cannot imagine Loki going for big bucks.

Some people like the Faux bronze.. I think Bowen does a better job on their faux more so than Sideshow's solid color spray-over..
Agreed. BD's faux bronze pieces are, for the most part, beautifully done.

Back