Favorite Star Wars Character

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Character

• Total voters
Obi-Wan.

As a child, Luke was my favorite. Understandably, he did all the cool stuff. In my early twenties, I began to appreciate Obi-Wan more and more.

Then the prequels came out. Not only is he the hero of the PT, just as Luke is of the OT, but he's the badass Jedi we all thought Luke was. No whining. Just strutting around, suave as can be, wiping out Sith Lords. (It's his speciality.)

And don't you get the impression that the whole stick-in-the-mud routine that he pulled around Anakin was just for Anakin? When he goes off on his own, either to investigate Kamino or to go kill Grievous, those scenes are some of the lighter ones in the movies (until Mustafar obviously). He wisecracks and seems to be having a good time. The only time he's really a downer is when he's stuck dealing with this whiny kid he promised his dead master he'd train.

Anzik Hayes said:
Qui Gon! Followed closely by Obi Wan.

I'd put Qui-Gon second, followed by Luke in third.

If Qui-Gon had been in more than one film, I could see him rivaling Obi-Wan in my eyes. Neeson really nailed that warrior-monk character. And it was a nice touch of Lucas' to make Qui-Gon the rebel of the Jedi order.

I always liked Phantom Menace, but I find myself watching it more and more lately just for Qui-Gon.

FAVORITE CHARACTER:ANAKIN

Favorite Design for an alien : Hammerhead !!!!

pickard said:
Obi-Wan.

As a child, Luke was my favorite. Understandably, he did all the cool stuff. In my early twenties, I began to appreciate Obi-Wan more and more.

Then the prequels came out. Not only is he the hero of the PT, just as Luke is of the OT, but he's the badass Jedi we all thought Luke was. No whining. Just strutting around, suave as can be, wiping out Sith Lords. (It's his speciality.)

And don't you get the impression that the whole stick-in-the-mud routine that he pulled around Anakin was just for Anakin? When he goes off on his own, either to investigate Kamino or to go kill Grievous, those scenes are some of the lighter ones in the movies (until Mustafar obviously). He wisecracks and seems to be having a good time. The only time he's really a downer is when he's stuck dealing with this whiny kid he promised his dead master he'd train.

Same here!! Obi rules.... He was the Jedi I hoped Luke would some day become. Calm under pressure, suave and a great warrior....

The PT really helped me to love the character even more, Ewan really filled out the incredible groundwork laid by Alec Guinness. So much so that by the time ROTS came along, he was the icon you expected him to be.

Obi is def. the best of the PT Jedis. Mace and Yoda, with their lack of trust in Anakin, kind of made his situation worse, as where Obi was really trying to help. The council was just using him, as where Obi really wanted the best for him. Obi Wan still gave Anakin the respect he deserved for being so good, while at the same time trying to guide him, not just pushing him around and trying to tell him to shut up. It was a good writing move, because you really believed, no matter what, Obi Wan really cared. The rest of the Jedi's deserved what they got if you ask me!:emperor

There's no Star Wars without Darth Vader! Well all the character mentioned in the poll are all characters I love, so Vader just is just a step ahead than the others.
By the way, where's Jar Jar? :D

I voted other. The other being: Biggs Darklighter. I have loved character ever since I was a kid. The bits in the film were cool, but the deleted stuff and the parts in the radio drama, etc. really drove him home as my fav.

He is key into making Luke into the man he becomes.

Back