Favorite Spider-Man movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best SM movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Favorite Spider-Man movie (Don't vote till you've seen em all please)

No. Not overrated at all.

SM2
SM
SM3
AvP:R
Transformers 2
G.I. Joe

ASM (Kinda overrated)

Watched ASM for the 1st time a few hours ago. Great film and very well cast.

I still like SM2 a little more than ASM but the sequel could very easily take the top spot.

I enjoyed ASM & so did my wife (strangely enough!). At first I hated the suit, I thought it looked like a multi-coloured performance tyre I had on my car!! After seeing the film, I've converted. I thought it was great!! I forgot about reality for 2 hours and that's all I need from a movie nowadays!!

Last edited:

That swinging looks so bad now, it's like he's a weightless balloon just floating through the city.

I was reading a review about how in ASM the CGI Spiderman movement doesn't match the actor in suit Spiderman and I agree.

In ASM, the CGI Spidey has a very contortionist movement to it, mirroring the comic pretty well. It is especially obvious during the swings. When it is the man in suit, the movement it noticeably more grounded.

I can also tell Andrew Garfield does very little of the stunts cause they try to hide his face most of the time. Especially apparent during the warehouse training and the first night out looking for Uncle Ben's killer. You can always tell how those swinging and flipping are not him since it is always his back facing the camera.

Tobey probably did more of his own stunt since we see his face a lot (some will complain too much but at least it sells the idea that the actor is in the costume instead of some stunt guy).

I felt that they match the CGI and man in suit movement of the Raimi Spidey better. That Spidey to me has always been not so spider-ish to me in his movements but more to the movement of a gymnastic.

I will agree that in ASM, the swings have more 'weight' to it.

In the Raimi movies it has a very Chinese martial arts movie fluidity to the movement.

In SM1 he was way too 'light' and bounced around very unconvincingly, that was improved in SM2. In ASM, I do like what they did with the comics and contortions as pointed out. The CGI did seem believable. It's interesting to see the changes and advancements in webslinging CGI. Someone should write a Gould style book on it! : )

In SM1 he was way too 'light' and bounced around very unconvincingly, that was improved in SM2. In ASM, I do like what they did with the comics and contortions as pointed out. The CGI did seem believable. It's interesting to see the changes and advancements in webslinging CGI. Someone should write a Gould style book on it! : )
Ironically, SM1 has a lot more live action and wire stunt than the other two sequels combined. That's why you see much less swinging shots in that movie compared to the other two. So it probably has the most realistic swinging since it is mostly done with wire work.

Ironically, SM1 has a lot more live action and wire stunt than the other two sequels combined. That's why you see much less swinging shots in that movie compared to the other two. So it probably has the most realistic swinging since it is mostly done with wire work.

I don't think I had much problems with the swinging in general, it was the landings and fight sequences where sometimes he seemed weightless. There was a particular sequence where he landed on top of the bridge if I remember correctly which seemed really off. It was still a really good movie tho' and it was a thrill to watch Spidey in action on the big screen for the first time like that.

Man, remember when Superman was held on by a wire in the 70's film? He had no weight to him!

I liked ASM...but I'm shocked it's beating Spider-Man 2. I'm wondering how much this poll of the ASM just coming out and many people forgetting just how good SM2 was.

Well he was flying not swinging from a fixed point.

Point is, effects date. In 3 years, this movie is going to look like absolute ____.

Saw the new movie last night, and hated it to the same degree that I did SM3.

SM2 is still the champ.

So much this^

NFSXs.gif

ASM is the Ultimates version of Spidey: kiddie corp rebooted garbage.

Point is, effects date. In 3 years, this movie is going to look like absolute ____.

Probably will, but they don't always

Tremors graboids look as good today as the did then so do Nightcrawlers teleporting and Aliens Xeno's and T2 endoskeletons and some others i can't think of right now

Back