Favorite Spider-Man movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best SM movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Favorite Spider-Man movie (Don't vote till you've seen em all please)

CGI seems to improve every year.

Graboids, Aliens, Terminators...costumes/props.

Just saw ASM.

This is really hard. I can't decide on SM2 or ASM.

I watched Jurassic park on blu the other night and I still don't think I've seen better cgi than the rex breakout scene, nearly 20 years old too!

I watched Jurassic park on blu the other night and I still don't think I've seen better cgi than the rex breakout scene, nearly 20 years old too!

Some of the best cg ever.

ILM always does good work. Transformers still looks good today, so does Davy Jones.

The Mummy? Not so much. I remember that being a huge effects leap.

Probably will, but they don't always

Tremors graboids look as good today as the did then so do Nightcrawlers teleporting and Aliens Xeno's and T2 endoskeletons and some others i can't think of right now

That's because half of what you used as an example were practical effects. :lol

Too soon and too close to call for me. It'd be a toss up between SM2 & ASM.

One thing that I consider a HUGE plot hole from SM2 is how Doc Ock takes multiple punches to the face from Spider-Man without any noticeable effects. I'm sure SM holds back his punches so he doesn't really hurt or kill someone, but he should've knocked out Ock with one punch. Ock himself didn't gain any super powers or super human strength. It was all in the arms, so how the hell does he not get knocked out from Spider-Man?

Too soon and too close to call for me. It'd be a toss up between SM2 & ASM.

One thing that I consider a HUGE plot hole from SM2 is how Doc Ock takes multiple punches to the face from Spider-Man without any noticeable effects. I'm sure SM holds back his punches so he doesn't really hurt or kill someone, but he should've knocked out Ock with one punch. Ock himself didn't gain any super powers or super human strength. It was all in the arms, so how the hell does he not get knocked out from Spider-Man?

Practically, it wouldn't be much of a movie if Doc Ock was defeated with just one punch.

Movie wise, Parker respected him so much that he held back his punches. :nana:

Because it's a movie. And movies aren't real.

If only people could grasp that concept when speaking of Prometheus... :(

After watching ASM I thought my vote would be a slam dunk for it. Then I went back and watched SM1 & 2 and it's not that clear cut. Sure the CG looks dated now and Goblin made me cringe at times but I see the first movie was successful for a reason. It was good. SM2 has a higher cheese content (was screaming ladies a running gag or something?) but it was enjoyable as well. I did like 1 better though.

I refuse to vote still lol.

ASM-Spiderman and the dragons challenge-Spiderman 2- Spiderman 1------------------------------Spiderman 3

Yeah I did count the tv film as it was in the UK. Horrible cheese but I still adore it.

Practically, it wouldn't be much of a movie if Doc Ock was defeated with just one punch.

Movie wise, Parker respected him so much that he held back his punches. :nana:

Yes I get the fact that if Spider-Man did indeed knock out Doc Ock with one punch, the movie would be over, but it's still no excuse for the writer(s) to not come up with some kind of explanation as to why Spider-Man didn't knock him out or why he could take all those punches. Just seems lazy to me. It always bothered me and it always will. It's a great movie otherwise. One of my favorite super hero movies. I even own some wardrobe worn by Maguire from it.

Well if the metal arms were controlling him....

If only you could grasp that concept while talking about ASM :D

My issues with ASM have nothing to do with realism. They have everything to do with being a straight rehash of the first film, offering nothing new, and being visually dull and flat for most of the film.

Yes I get the fact that if Spider-Man did indeed knock out Doc Ock with one punch, the movie would be over, but it's still no excuse for the writer(s) to not come up with some kind of explanation as to why Spider-Man didn't knock him out or why he could take all those punches. Just seems lazy to me. It always bothered me and it always will. It's a great movie otherwise. One of my favorite super hero movies. I even own some wardrobe worn by Maguire from it.

Why doesn't Spider-Man just die from his spider-bite? Lazy writers,

Why doesn't Spider-Man just die from his spider-bite? Lazy writers,
Because it's not a normal spider, so we don't know what it will do. But Doc Ock is a normal human (unless the metal arms had something to do with it) and we know that if a normal human is punched by another normal human hard enough..he can die. So imagine what a punch by someone with super-human strength would do to him.

Imagine what a radioactive Spider-Bite would do.....:lol

It was close, but I still have SM2 over ASM.

Point is, if you want realism in a hero flick, you're in the wrong place. :lol

Back