Favorite Spider-Man movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best SM movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Favorite Spider-Man movie (Don't vote till you've seen em all please)

ASM > SM1 > [insert any medicore superhero film here] > SM2

My friend and I rewatched SM1 this week in preparation for seeing ASM tonight. SM1 is loveable but definitely dated.

Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker is a bit too quiet, borderline creepy for our tastes, even if he is cuter. I mean who lives next to someone your exact same age and barely talks to them for 10-11 years. That is not shy, that is like a social disfunction disorder.

Garfield just makes Parker more real, nerdy and awkward, but no more so than other teenagers. He and Stone have way more chemistry than Dunst and Maguire.

Saw the new movie last night, and hated it to the same degree that I did SM3.

SM2 is still the champ.

Right, 'fess up. Who voted sm3?:lol

WHO THE F___ CHOSE SPIDER MAN 3? COME OUT! you MUST BE PUNISHED!

that better be a joke bro, that better be a sarcastic vote,

SP2
TAS
SP1
SP3
Thats where they stand in my book... Doc Ock owned the Lizard...

I still think I like the Toby films a bit better.

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man
Spider-Man 3

SM2 for me. Far too many comic inaccuracies in ASM for that to be tops for me.

SM2
SM1
ASM
SM3

I have to go with Amazing Spiderman, I really enjoyed it. I really liked the original trilogy but ASM was better for me.

I defy anyone to prove to me how TASM was better than SM1. Sure the CGI and action was great, and Garfield was probably a better Spiderman, but where was the sense of wonder, humor and emotional connection to the characters?

I didn't care when
Spoiler Spoiler:
Aunt May didn't do anything, and the first hour was a bland rehash of the first movie, with some conspiracy backstory peppered in. And I don't see how
Spoiler Spoiler:
makes The Lizard a more memorable villain than Willem Dafoe.

I defy anyone to prove to me how TASM was better than SM1. Sure the CGI and action was great, and Garfield was probably a better Spiderman, but where was the sense of wonder, humor and emotional connection to the characters?

I didn't care when
Spoiler Spoiler:
Aunt May didn't do anything, and the first hour was a bland rehash of the first movie, with some conspiracy backstory peppered in. And I don't see how
Spoiler Spoiler:
makes The Lizard a more memorable villain than Willem Dafoe.

You didn't care about uncle Ben cause you saw it a 1000 times we all did the lizard was alright not great .willem Dafoe is memorable to me cause he played Osborn so well best part of the old movies.

Goblin is just a far more iconic villain, like Batman/Joker. I really believe people will warm upto this movie more and more when it hits dvd and the sequels will be universaly much better. Still it's already got more votes then all 3 of the other movies combined here which is a great sign.

And I cared plenty about Uncle Ben, he and Peter had far greater chemistry then Cliff who had one single speech in the car before becoming cannon fodder. And he and May were great, loved the stuff when Peter came home hungry.

Anyone who says Garfield embodies the Lee/Ditko/Romita Sr. depiction of Spidey better than Maguire is dead wrong:

[ame]https://youtu.be/aP_a90UvUGI[/ame]

Goblin is just a far more iconic villain, like Batman/Joker. I really believe people will warm upto this movie more and more when it hits dvd and the sequels will be universaly much better. Still it's already got more votes then all 3 of the other movies combined here which is a great sign.

And I cared plenty about Uncle Ben, he and Peter had far greater chemistry then Cliff who had one single speech in the car before becoming cannon fodder. And he and May were great, loved the stuff when Peter came home hungry.

Cliff Robertson was a vastly superior Uncle Ben. Sheen was just a cranky old man, robbed by the screen writers of almost all of the character's warmth and wisdom. Sally Field was a miserable Aunt May, too.

As far as the vote tally, I chalk it up to kids liking anything shiny and new.

I disagree. While I liked the relationship between Sheen and Garfield, I felt more for Cliff because of that one speech than I did for all of Marty's screentime. I surprised at how much more I was moved by the aunt and uncle sequences in the first one, despite the three sharing less time together than in the reboot.

And of course it has the highest rating since it's the newest flavor of the month, and was good enough to make people forget Part 3.

The fact is, I just don't see how this is even debatable, unlike the quality of the Nolan vs. the Burton Batmans. In that case, the Nolan films are higher quality movies, as were the Burton originals, but they are different enough to be compared and contrasted.

Spider-Man 2 is the best. While Amazing was good it wasn't better than Spider-Man 1. There were too many big holes in ASM. I guess with great power there must also come great responsibility isn't the case because it wasn't in this film. They said something similar but not the same. Were was the Daily Bugle or J Jonah Jameson? Amazing? Not quite. This was closer to Ultimate Spider-Man. Emma Stone and the great Lizard were the best parts of this film. Garfield bears no resemblance to the Ditko or Romita Peter Parkers.

Back