Favorite Spider-Man movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best SM movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't know that throwing in Jamie Foxx as a stereotypical nerd, an over the top Paul Paul Giamatti and going back to using the costume from the last series makes the sequel to the second worst Spider-Man movie to date "best Spider-Man" *AND* "best Marvel film evah".

We don't even know the story or have a trailer yet, but these three combinations surely make this next one a "serious contender for best Spider-Man movie ever".

rhino7.jpg

electro-amazing-spider-man-2-comparison.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man2costume640PTSony.jpg

Not dissing the movie, it isn't even close to being released yet. I guess I just don't see the "potential" this seems to have given the ingredients. Seems like hype talking.

If this was reposted, I'd probably vote Spidey 1 or 2. With ASM,(which I originally voted for) I was super stoked about the cast right after I saw it, but the villain didn't stack up to either Spiderman 1 or 2, and the lack of JJ still irks me, as well as the most horrible onscreen Spidey suit ever.

ASM just doesn't have the rewatchability to me that the first two Raimi movies had.

Spiderman 1 broke the then current box office records didn't it? I remember it being talked about as the biggest entertainment opening weekend of all time.

You're thinking of the Avengers.

No I'm talking spiderman 1. When it came out, it did break some records. Yeah they've been broken since. But at the time it did.

From Wikipedia

Spider-Man became the highest-grossing superhero film of all time at the time of its release. Throughout the years, none of the other superhero films including Spider-Man 2 were able to outgross it. It was eventually outgrossed in 2007 by Spider-Man 3. In 2008, Spider-Man 3 was outgrossed by The Dark Knight. In 2012, The Dark Knight was outgrossed by The Avengers. Spider-Man currently ranks as the fourth highest-grossing superhero film of all time.

No I'm talking spiderman 1. When it came out, it did break some records. Yeah they've been broken since. But at the time it did.

From Wikipedia

Spider-Man became the highest-grossing superhero film of all time at the time of its release. Throughout the years, none of the other superhero films including Spider-Man 2 were able to outgross it. It was eventually outgrossed in 2007 by Spider-Man 3. In 2008, Spider-Man 3 was outgrossed by The Dark Knight. In 2012, The Dark Knight was outgrossed by The Avengers. Spider-Man currently ranks as the fourth highest-grossing superhero film of all time.

I didn't think you meant just Superhero movies. the Avengers actually hammered out records for movies overall. So, ASM held comic records for a month? :lol

He said the "then current" box office records. Not sure if he's accurate though :dunno

I'm sure it hit records, it had the same effect that IM3 had at the box office, strong weeks 2 and 3 to compliment its great start. Plus, they started it on a weird day and claimed highest box office ever for an off day movie start. :lol

I didn't think you meant just Superhero movies. the Avengers actually hammered out records for movies overall. So, ASM held comic records for a month? :lol

Well, it did in fact.

Wiki:

This was the highest-opening day at the time until it was surpassed by its sequel, Spider-Man 2, in 2004. Spider-Man also set an all-time record for the highest earnings in a single day with $43,622,264 on May 4, 2002, a record later surpassed by Shrek 2 in 2004. The film earned a total of $114,844,116 during its opening weekend, averaging $31,769 per theater ($15,312.55 per screen) and became the fastest theatrical release to reach $100 million at the time, crossing the milestone in three days.

Well, it did in fact.

Wiki:

This was the highest-opening day at the time until it was surpassed by its sequel, Spider-Man 2, in 2004. Spider-Man also set an all-time record for the highest earnings in a single day with $43,622,264 on May 4, 2002, a record later surpassed by Shrek 2 in 2004. The film earned a total of $114,844,116 during its opening weekend, averaging $31,769 per theater ($15,312.55 per screen) and became the fastest theatrical release to reach $100 million at the time, crossing the milestone in three days.

I just realized I was talking about ASM and you were talking about the 1st Raimi movie. :lol

I didn't know that throwing in Jamie Foxx as a stereotypical nerd, an over the top Paul Paul Giamatti and going back to using the costume from the last series makes the sequel to the second worst Spider-Man movie to date "best Spider-Man" *AND* "best Marvel film evah".

We don't even know the story or have a trailer yet, but these three combinations surely make this next one a "serious contender for best Spider-Man movie ever".

not dissing the movie, it isn't even close to being released yet. I guess I just don't see the "potential" this seems to have given the ingredients. Seems like hype talking.

If you like what you see it is. We know the original cast from ASM is good and had great chemistry. Throw in Foxx, The New MJ chick, Chris Cooper, Paul Giamatti and Dane DeHaan and you got very nice ingredients indeed.

Last edited:
Back