Favorite LOTR character?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOTR Character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gollum is the best character. He is the Darth Vader of the trilogy: His tragic quest for ultimate power leads to a brush with redemption and eventually claims his life as he steals the entire story.

I'd have to say Andy Serkis as "Gollum/Smeagol".

His performance was sheer genius, to say the least. :rock

I also enjoyed Sean Bean's time as Boromir.

I like Lurtz because he incorporates everything that is evil and nasty in humans
He has no remorse no feeling just a single purpose to complete his masters' will which leads too his death

I'd have to say Andy Serkis as "Gollum/Smeagol".

His performance was sheer genius, to say the least. :rock

I also enjoyed Sean Bean's time as Boromir.

I too enjoyed Sean Bean as Boromir he pulled it off 100%
He's a proud man of who no longer believes in the term "King of Gondor" and his and Aragorn's argument on the Great River was bound to happen and needed to happen in order for Boromir's final to happen

What I liked about the Two Towers special edition, is that it showed what a great man and leader Boromir was before he was corrupted by the ring.
I can't pick a favourite though

Even though Legolas is my favorite, I loved all the characters in LoTR, so it makes it hard to put them in any particular order.

I like Lurtz because he incorporates everything that is evil and nasty in humans
He has no remorse no feeling just a single purpose to complete his masters' will which leads too his death

I agree. Lurtz is outstanding. His slaying of Boromir previewed the gut-wrenching battles that would follow in TTT and RotK, and offered the best battle in FotR (though the fight at Balin's tomb is a close second, I feel). The hand-picked leader of the Uruks of Isengard, he was one of the coolest baddies of all the films. We're ludicrously fortunate to have him in such a breath-taking PF. :D

As to Boromir, Sean Bean perfectly portrayed the character. One of my favorite heroes (behind Theoden, Gandalf, and tied with Faramir), it's difficult not to admire him and feel sorry for him when seeing him as the hero of Gondor, pulling Osgiliath back from the teeth of Mordor though falling to the Ring forged by the Lord of the Land of Shadow. Poignant and flawless. God bless Sean Bean.

Mine has to be Faramir, very determined, looks like heartless and yet he can do everything for those he cares about. I love this character.

On second it is Gandalf.

On third : Elrond.

On fourth : Merry + Pippin

If you're wondering why this old thread got bumped it's because I was wondering if this section had a "favorite character" thread and I searched for it. Obviously I found it.

Since I haven't posted in here, I'll go with mine.

838.jpg

Boromir all the way. He's always been my favorite LOTR character.

I always wondered why he didn't receive a gift in the Fellowship Extended Edition. In the book he got one and yet, he's the only fellowship character in the film that doesn't get a damn thing. I always assumed it was because 1.) the film after Lothlorien kind of shifts in focus on Boromir and the breaking of the fellowship at Amon Hen and 2.) he ends up dying.

Last edited:

I always wondered why he didn't receive a gift in the Fellowship Extended Edition. In the book he got one and yet, he's the only fellowship character in the film that doesn't get a damn thing. I always assumed it was because 1.) the film after Lothlorien kind of shifts in focus on Boromir and the breaking of the fellowship at Amon Hen and 2.) he ends up dying.

He got the gifts of a golden belt and an Elven-cloak we just didn't see it. Glad to see my two favs still kicking the poll.:cool:

Difficult to choose just one. But, since old Witchy wasn't listed, here's a vote for 'other'. Either Sauron or Boromir would have been my choice if there hadn't been that option though.

Gandalf definitely, I thought Ian did a fantastic job bringing the character to life and I loved watching every minute on the screen. Frodo though is a close second, I love the idea of "normal" person becoming extraordinary based on destiny, same kind of idea of why I really like Luke Skywalker.

I wish Elijah Wood hadn't played him so soft. For the most part, he was great, but by the time he was completely consumed, the wussiest parts of his performance had risen to the top. He still had it well enough to nail the expression on his face when he claimed the ring, but overall, way too much whining and whimpering. Frodo Baggins was a strong character; stronger than Sam, Aragorn or Gandalf. I didn't think that came through as well in the films as it did in the books.

Back